LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

On 9/13/2023 at 9:02 PM, scatttcat said:

“NOW there are two of them!”

Jk there is only one

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw0242#T=S&O={%22iconly%22:0}

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, there is a second (not including keychains or magnets): https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=sw0363&name=Nute Gunray - Orange Robe&category=[Star Wars][Star Wars Episode 3]#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Your UCS Venator GWP. A couple patches and a metal republic credit. 

As Watto would say: Republic credits? Republic credits are no good out here, I need something more real.

image.png.9d01cb8e3f50331bebb50c7394ea6fc3.png

Well said. The metal credit is cool though and if they carried that over to make two metalized figs, I’d be freaking out right now. 

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Tonight I am liking buy Walt Disney Tribute Camera get 40600 GWP x 3. If you have the "Valuable Time" to place 3 orders ;) 

This is the way. Right now Honey is offering $14 cash back on the Tribute which can stack with 6% off if you check out with Paypal (you have to save the "Deal" within paypal.com first for it to work).

image.png.749d3380ad3a9f4da484b9802c720191.png

image.png.36e66dece8a8ed3c31d6f0960852e04b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

<Edit> **just realized this is not the deals forum but either way not quite related to the topic at hand** Apologies in advance, not deal related however (I'll cash in my chip from previously sharing a deal that was "eh" but hey ,still counted...) just a word of warning, I've had issues in the past with Honey and getting my cashback.  I had over $300 that was pending, tied to various purchases (not just lego) and I don't buy in bulk either but my account was somehow flagged as "nefarious" and locked.  Meaning I wasn't able to get my cashback released.  Their customer service also blacklists you once this happens and there's no chance in being able to chat with them directly or get a response via email.  I reported them to BBB and after a couple of months someone did reach out to ask what the issue was.  After I plead my case they indicated that they agreed with their internal findings.  I pushed for what "evidence" they had to flag my account like this and got stone walled with just a standard response that it was based on internal algorithms which they could not release due to proprietary info.  I ended up dropping it and writing off the cashback.  Anyway, faster forward year or so later and suddenly my cashback was released out of the blue.  No idea why, it was a pleasant surprise but I had already written them off and will never use them again.  YMMV but just wanted to share my perspective, I've since made it my mission to share this with folks.  Since then, I've been using Rakuten with no issues <knock on wood> however I know some folks have indicated purchases not getting cashback either to some degree.  I am "yet" to experience this.  Just my "not quite two cents"... this "public safety" announcement is over now, as you were folks...

Edited by LegoTriathlete
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LegoTriathlete said:

<Edit> **just realized this is not the deals forum but either way not quite related to the topic at hand** Apologies in advance, not deal related however (I'll cash in my chip from previously sharing a deal that was "eh" but hey ,still counted...) just a word of warning, I've had issues in the past with Honey and getting my cashback.  I had over $300 that was pending, tied to various purchases (not just lego) and I don't buy in bulk either but my account was somehow flagged as "nefarious" and locked.  Meaning I wasn't able to get my cashback released.  Their customer service also blacklists you once this happens and there's no chance in being able to chat with them directly or get a response via email.  I reported them to BBB and after a couple of months someone did reach out to ask what the issue was.  After I plead my case they indicated that they agreed with their internal findings.  I pushed for what "evidence" they had to flag my account like this and got stone walled with just a standard response that it was based on internal algorithms which they could not release due to proprietary info.  I ended up dropping it and writing off the cashback.  Anyway, faster forward year or so later and suddenly my cashback was released out of the blue.  No idea why, it was a pleasant surprise but I had already written them off and will never use them again.  YMMV but just wanted to share my perspective, I've since made it my mission to share this with folks.  Since then, I've been using Rakuten with no issues <knock on wood> however I know some folks have indicated purchases not getting cashback either to some degree.  I am "yet" to experience this.  Just my "not quite two cents"... this "public safety" announcement is over now, as you were folks...

I've had issues as well. Here's the unlock -- screenshot everything. Make sure you have your desktop's time and date in the shot. Make it easy for their CSRs by numbering your steps in the screenshots before you email them the attachments. As far as the nefarious Honey thing, none of my other deal community has experienced that with Honey, but I understand you did. One of the issues we were having was with Capital One Shopping and the eBay gift cards being flagged as nefarious.

Here's a small snapshot of my Honey wins for social proof...

image.thumb.png.a199bbf9a5705966b8243909104eb121.png

image.thumb.png.3fef3857279993fb9a24c146c35ef551.png

14 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I've had issues as well. Here's the unlock -- screenshot everything. Make sure you have your desktop's time and date in the shot. Make it easy for their CSRs by numbering your steps in the screenshots before you email them the attachments. As far as the nefarious Honey thing, none of my other deal community has experienced that with Honey, but I understand you did. One of the issues we were having was with Capital One Shopping and the eBay gift cards being flagged as nefarious.

Here's a small snapshot of my Honey wins for social proof...

image.thumb.png.a199bbf9a5705966b8243909104eb121.png

image.thumb.png.3fef3857279993fb9a24c146c35ef551.png

I've never had an issue getting Exclusive Cash Back from Lego store purchases from Honey, but the Storewide Cash Back is always a struggle and often won't even show as Pending in my Rewards History. It *seems* like being logged in to my VIP account causes a conflict every time, however it looks like you are not seeing that issue. What's your secret?

20 minutes ago, Mr_Coat said:

I've never had an issue getting Exclusive Cash Back from Lego store purchases from Honey, but the Storewide Cash Back is always a struggle and often won't even show as Pending in my Rewards History. It *seems* like being logged in to my VIP account causes a conflict every time, however it looks like you are not seeing that issue. What's your secret?

You have to log into paypal.com > deals > find the LEGO deal visible on the main page (don't search for it) > save the deal by clicking the + > go to LEGO and wait for the exclusive offer to pop up and activate it > checkout on LEGO using Paypal

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Obvious said:

You have to log into paypal.com > deals > find the LEGO deal visible on the main page (don't search for it) > save the deal by clicking the + > go to LEGO and wait for the exclusive offer to pop up and activate it > checkout on LEGO using Paypal

So you aren't enabling the Storewide Cashback from the Honey site  first and being redirected to Lego.com?

2 hours ago, BrickStanley74 said:

Anyone get the World of Wonders set for 2700 points? Was thinking it might be cool to utilize the Al-Khazneh section into an Indiana Jones diorama of some sort.

I got it when it came out but never built it. If points are tight you can look at BL USA seller $25 + Shipping. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I got it when it came out but never built it. If points are tight you can look at BL USA seller $25 + Shipping. 

Damn. I wasn't aware it's still available. The last few redemptions have been duds. Ever since the Ulysses disaster they seem to be completely overproduced and you can barely clear the cash value. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Maybe ymmv?  I can't find it in the deals section to click the +, but can find it (actually 7% for me) if I search.

5 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

Maybe ymmv?  I can't find it in the deals section to click the +, but can find it (actually 7% for me) if I search.

Go to "home" > scroll down until you see 'Popular Deals' > if LEGO is there click the +, if not > click more and see if it shows up there and save it.

It has to be a Saved Deal for it to double stack

image.thumb.png.cc120ea74f86a0b2d783a01306381b0e.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Go to "home" > scroll down until you see 'Popular Deals' > if LEGO is there click the +, if not > click more and see if it shows up there and save it.

It has to be a Saved Deal for it to double stack

image.thumb.png.cc120ea74f86a0b2d783a01306381b0e.png

Yeah it's weird and unfortunately not there for me.  Checked both Popular and More... no Lego.  Only seeing when searched:

image.png.05dd21093434a8d7f3bc8b8adc420a5a.png

12 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

anyone have an opinion ? its still up guessing it will go down to 30 and perhaps Steamboat Willie will be more valuable

Yep, I’m starting to call it the “Dirty 30’s”. Most of the Tier 2 GWPs seem to hit that equilibrium range after a few months. You got to get in and out quickly to hit the 50’s on Tier 2’s.

Now on the other hand, Tier 1 GWPs seem to land in the 50’s after the party is done. For me, The 100 GWP belongs in the Tier 1 category.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Yep, I’m starting to call it the “Dirty 30’s”. Most of the Tier 2 GWPs seem to hit that equilibrium range after a few months. You got to get in and out quickly to hit the 50’s on Tier 2’s.

Now on the other hand, Tier 1 GWPs seem to land in the 50’s after the party is done. For me, The 100 GWP belongs in the Tier 1 category.

thanks for your thoughts and do you think this or the steamboat willie will be worth more lol ?