LEGO VIP Insiders/GWP Discussion

Captain_Obvious

On 1/24/2024 at 10:57 AM, roxio said:

I read the ninjago sets will be via Insider Pts @ 6,500 each. That's they've already been availabe in China

That's $50 in VIP points. Or, $1,000 in purchases at MSRP at Lego to earn that many points. I'm hoping that it's a currency conversion issue and it drops a decimal point for North America....

1 minute ago, Mr_Coat said:

That's $50 in VIP points. Or, $1,000 in purchases at MSRP at Lego to earn that many points. I'm hoping that it's a currency conversion issue and it drops a decimal point for North America....

I've been passing on the point redemption GWPs for this reason.

43 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

@Pseudoty How complete do you think these completionists really are?

These are nice graphics/prints, but I need all the points I can get if the Ninjago gifts turn out to be reward redemptions.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/insiders/rewards

image.png.26bb1abd8663a60db28ceeb7f98b9fdf.png

I am not a fan of any of the prints especially because they can arrive damaged which actually matters for a print. I know others have done well with the numbered print sets and IIRC the last print I got and sold was the UCS Landspeeder for well over $50. I would save your points for that SPECIAL SW 25th anniversary set that  might come out this fall ;) 

Most of them don't even know Lego dot com exists and especially not "Insiders". Unless these somehow start to trend on social media I do not see any demand for them. When people post pictures of the Flower Pot GWP a lot of people are not aware of it and that it is even Lego. 

Not sure what is happening with the Ninjago City GWP.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

Not sure what is happening with the Ninjago City GWP.

Will it really be a GWP? I don’t think so unless they un-gate it from Ninjago purchases. Hmm, but people buying a UCS set to get a Ninjago GWP doesn’t make sense either. It does for a more generalized GWP like the Houses. Or, I’d have to buy the entire current Ninjago theme to get all 4 if it was gated. 

Remember, product pages on the main site related to point redemption gifts, still say “GWP” even though it’s not a GWP in the traditional sense—hence the confusion that this may be a traditional GWP.

I think it’s points (lots of Ninjago point rewards already in there), but could also be an Unlock: Buy X of Ninjago, “Unlock the Ability to Redeem” the City in Insiders with X points. 

IMG_1132.thumb.jpeg.2034b395d4ed8c68befc174da4cd09c8.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 7:12 AM, Captain_Obvious said:

@Pseudoty How complete do you think these completionists really are?

These are nice graphics/prints, but I need all the points I can get if the Ninjago gifts turn out to be reward redemptions.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/insiders/rewards

image.png.26bb1abd8663a60db28ceeb7f98b9fdf.png

Will be interesting to see how this one tracks upward on the NY Times Best seller list once it comes out:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Botanical-Almanac-Brick-Built-Blooms/dp/1797227807

EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIBLE PRINT INCLUDED: Tucked in the back of the book is a removable print featuring a hand-drawn illustration from the book. A must-have for LEGO collectors, this print is exclusive to the book. Frame and hang it on your wall to admire—and spark your creative thinking—every day.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Will be interesting to see how this one tracks upward on the NY Times Best seller list once it comes out:

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Botanical-Almanac-Brick-Built-Blooms/dp/1797227807

EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIBLE PRINT INCLUDED: Tucked in the back of the book is a removable print featuring a hand-drawn illustration from the book. A must-have for LEGO collectors, this print is exclusive to the book. Frame and hang it on your wall to admire—and spark your creative thinking—every day.

bizarre to me. lego overplaying their hand here. One thing to buy fake plastic replacements to real flowers; cant imagine ppl would then care enough to buy a book about that also. its just a simple fact page about flowers essentially of which there are way better choices out there.

image.png.128763af85a12511b56234f2acd5a453.png

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

bizarre to me. lego overplaying their hand here. One thing to buy fake plastic replacements to real flowers; cant imagine ppl would then care enough to buy a book about that also. its just a simple fact page about flowers essentially of which there are way better choices out there.

ahh, no exclusive darth vader gardener figure. PASS

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

I highly recommend this book, “Why People Buy”. It’s helped me immensely in my career. I believe many of the truths could apply when choosing what to buy and resell. In no way is this an endorsement of the LEGO Botanical book though—however, the main theme of the book I’m recommending is, “feelings are where selling takes place”. And this botanical theme has the feels..

https://www.amazon.com/Why-People-Buy-Features-Benefits/dp/0692904530?nodl=1&dplnkId=a6621ad2-d53b-4d38-b843-3ba3c78f8b8b

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

2/16 for VIP and 2/19 for all $200 Buy-In with 2 exclusive minifigures, the blue one is different than the CMF and Creator version. 

After the dust settles, are we thinking this is a Tier 1 GWP ($60+) or a Tier 2 ($40)?

Given the mesmerizing yellow translucent glass, I've lost all ability to call this one correctly.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

After the dust settles, are we thinking this is a Tier 1 GWP ($60+) or a Tier 2 ($40)?

Given the mesmerizing yellow translucent glass, I've lost all ability to call this one correctly.

I think some of us overestimate the nostalgia factor. If it was full size with minifigures not micro builds with micro figs and all printed elements not stickers I would say slam dunk Tier 1. So far none of these labeled “Limited Edition” sets have been that limited at all. Look at the insiders page they even brought back the previously “Sold Out” Birthday Diorama now with a limit of 6 and World of Wonders continues to languish with a limit of 5. 

So based on availability, I am predicting endless, the high buy in,   and that we will probably see it again, Tier 2 but I think the White Space man will hold 2/3 of that value on part out especially if we get a red one next year. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

“Sold Out” Birthday Diorama now with a limit of 6

I saw this get sold out too, only to come back in full force 3 days later lol.

I just noticed that the Pop-Up Post Cards have been removed from the Center. I picked up the postcard set that contained the Corner Garage, Downtown Diner, and Bookshop. Didn't open it, but could tell from the outside that these were top-notch quality. Found a video on YouTube that confirmed the quality. Thinking it was a mistake that they took them down, but maybe not, and I'll get a chance to cash out on the FOMO. 

This has maybe been asked before, so I apologize if it's a repeat.

Does ordering via Bricks & Pieces / Pick a Brick (from lego. com) qualify for GWP?
Does Lego. com post date?  (i.e., I just placed a $1200 Pick a Brick order yesterday, can I call and beg for a Space Babies set, even though it didn't start until tomorrow)

Edited by Goofball814

1 hour ago, Goofball814 said:

Does ordering via Bricks & Pieces / Pick a Brick (from lego. com) qualify for GWP?
Does Lego. com post date?  (i.e., I just placed a $1200 Pick a Brick order yesterday, can I call and beg for a Space Babies set, even though it didn't start until tomorrow)

Yes

No

Possibly try tomorrow

16 hours ago, Goofball814 said:

Whether you have any success with depend on the person you speak to. As with any interaction with customer service employees, a lot will depend on what type of day (s)he is having and how nice you are.

5 hours ago, CsabaLazlo said:

Whether you have any success with depend on the person you speak to. As with any interaction with customer service employees, a lot will depend on what type of day (s)he is having and how nice you are.

Well put. It reminds me of my father. Once, as a child, we went to Walmart in the morning to make a return, but the clerk refused. My dad calmly said, "No worries." Confused, I asked him why he didn't argue. He just said, "You'll see." Later that day, we returned at 6 pm and encountered a different clerk who processed our return without asking questions. 

Never take no for an answer, but do it politely, then wait for the next employee shift.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

tomorrow its available in wave 2 for non vip unlike normally how things work thinking it comes back tomorrow who knows

Thanks!  I had it in my cart last night, but wasn't super happy with my choices for the $200 threshold.  Found a better combo this morning, but then it poofed as I went to check out.  I can wait another day and hope it comes back.