Talking Stocks in 2021

jaisonline

So while watching all this GME action from the sidelines I thought this will make a good movie someday like The Big Short.  Also, knowing someone else had to be on to this before everyone else and that they were the real one getting rich. Kinda of like Dr. Burry (Christian Bale character) did in the Big Short. Well to my surprise it was him again and this guy:

All major bullion dealers (Apmex, JM Bullion, SD Bullion, etc.) have paused the sale of physical silver until the markets open at 1800 EST. Has not happened before they usually just raise the premium to cover if markets open gap up. This is the equivalent of Robinhood not allowing the purchases of GME. Short contract expires 4/30. 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It will be interesting to see how strong things could start out this week (after a weekend of people hearing more about it, and looking to join the party).

At some point, the machine will likely look to fight back hard (determined to crush this, at all costs) to discourage it from happening again.

13 hours ago, KShine said:

It will be interesting to see how strong things could start out this week (after a weekend of people hearing more about it, and looking to join the party).

At some point, the machine will likely look to fight back hard (determined to crush this, at all costs) to discourage it from happening again.

The machine is already fighting back.  Margin requirements have been tightened by the Clearing Houses, which ultimately has impacted brokers.  Key question now, is with those positions that were taken out last week, (when there were no limits to what you can buy) now having been settled and thus with the increased capital available, will the brokerages lift trading limits?  My guess is no, since they know that there will be a tidal wave of orders coming in when that happens, especially with the increase coverage and then there is risk that brokerages will go bust.  My wife even knows about it and her friends have called her to ask for my take!  Similarly, lot of new funds have come in and put on new shorts, albeit at a higher level, since the price of GME no way reflects its true intrinsic value.  They'll wait this out, since they know their time will come.  Retailers, especially those late to the party will get hurt.  It may well go up from where it is today, but the so called Gamma Squeeze, i doubt will happen, since the funds have deep pockets and will just put more and more on, until this is broken.  Also, one thing that people don't factor is, the possible introduction of new shares.  These shorted companies, would be insane to miss an opportunity whereby they could raise much needed capital by issuing new shares to shore up their balance sheet.  I suspect that this is happening as we speak and that is why we've heard nothing from GME and AMC.  Whats to stop GME agreeing to issue 50 million new shares at let's say $200, which the shooters could buy at discount and cover their shorts?  Nothing!  Beware jumping in!  

Edited by Cheese
  • Like 1

If you are trying to get rich at this price point, I'd caution against it. If you just wanna put in a few bucks into the game as a protest to the rigged system then well it's a conscious choice that you may be left holding the bag. No one truly knows how much of the older shorts have been covered, short interest still super high but could jolly well be new funds coming in to play. The whole game is insanely rigged against the little guy. Firms like Citadel are in a win win situation regardless how this plays out. 

3 hours ago, coelian said:

If you are trying to get rich at this price point, I'd caution against it. If you just wanna put in a few bucks into the game as a protest to the rigged system then well it's a conscious choice that you may be left holding the bag. 

Maybe not on GME, AMC and others floated earlier, but I took a position in Dogecoin when it was a fraction of a cent last week. Also took a few positions in silver (mining) knowing these were the next targets exposed as being over shorted.  Its just a matter of when you take your position, lots of money could be made if looking in the right places.  

Another thing to keep in mind, the first wave of tax return money is not far away as well.  

Personally, Ive got the popcorn ready and the accounts loaded up.  This should to be an entertaining week:geek:

Seeing now it sounds like silver was just smoke. Guess its GME to the moon and diamond hands all around haha

image.png.377b7b7705a01fd33dad231b5713e21b.png

Edited by BricksBrotha
update

4 hours ago, Cheese said:

Also, one thing that people don't factor is, the possible introduction of new shares.  These shorted companies, would be insane to miss an opportunity whereby they could raise much needed capital by issuing new shares to shore up their balance sheet.  I suspect that this is happening as we speak and that is why we've heard nothing from GME and AMC.  Whats to stop GME agreeing to issue 50 million new shares at let's say $200, which the shooters could buy at discount and cover their shorts?  Nothing!  Beware jumping in! 

I believe that is exactly what AA proposed on Friday. That is why the play is physical silver not SLV. @jaisonline I know you said Stocks only so not sure if you meant no Crypto as Silver is a commodity so please delete if so. 

The silver sales on eBay have been unprecedented with silver going for a minimum of $10 over spot. Look at this listing from Scottsdale a reputable US Mint normally they will sell a few bars a day but sold out over 20K bars  

https://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidsLogin&item=361258016175&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2564

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

TBH, at this point I am starting to worry about the possibility of being the last person holding the bag :P

The amount of stress is unbearable.  This is exactly why I stopped day trading a long time ago :D :D :D

I sold my AMC this morning, from my Roth so no taxes. Made 4k in a week, it might do better, but I'm sticking with my financial goals. So I guess I no longer have diamond hands, or whatever they are calling it.

• Like 1