Talking Stocks in 2021

jaisonline

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

Unless you sold already, you can still win the bet - This thing could still fly all over the place

Yeah, I am letting this ride for a few days to see where the rollercoaster goes.  I could doubled my money on KOSS this morning, but decided to ride the waves.  Lets see if it was smart or dumb of me :D

2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

The suits have gotten to Robin Hood. Oh boy.

“Robinhood has made it unavailable to trade these r/wallstreetbets names. $GME, $BB, $NOK, $AMC.”

AAL also up “huge”.

This will be the straw that breaks the camels back. I've been in since the beginning and watching the manipulation is truly second level. Everyone should be prepared for what comes next as their is no putting this genie back in the bottle.

This is a civilization altering event. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coelian said:

The short interest in GME is still more than 100%, the party hasn't even started. Hedge funds are bleeding money trying to bring it down shorting further and keeping up with the interest payments.

what do you envision the endgame to be?

Lets say all the shorts give in hypothetically and buy back the stock sending it to 10,000$ a share.

Then what? Its a 750$ billion company?

We all know this ends terribly. Maybe today, maybe in a week. Get out while you can if you own.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bricklectic said:

what do you envision the endgame to be?

Lets say all the shorts give in hypothetically and buy back the stock sending it to 10,000$ a share.

Then what? Its a 750$ billion company?

We all know this ends terribly. Maybe today, maybe in a week. Get out while you can if you own.

I have no clue what the endgame is like. Look in 08 there was 6% free float and 12% short and Porsche had >70% of the VW shares, during the squeeze it went up to 1000EUR. Now we are talking 150% short interest on all the floating shares, it's going to be catastrophic. I'm not sure if first the funds go down, then the brokers followed by the banks. Based on the current volume the time to cover is 6 days, there should be time to get out. 

This is definitely has the sparks of a revolution. A lot of the anger hasn't been forgotten with what happened in 2008. It is galling to see how the brokerage firms, hedge funds, and the media are all in on it against the common people.

Oh, it's all right if hedge funds short positions and make money on them, driving companies lower and possibly out of business. But when a bunch of normal people band together and cause them to lose billions, WE NEED REGULATION NOW! WAH WAH!

Give me a break.

• Like 5

regulation yes for sure, how the f is it possible to short a company more than 100%?? That should be regulated, and it's ridiculous some apps are not allowing people to buy stocks now.

I wasn't really affected during the GFC, had a stable job bought my place on the cheap and paid most of my mortgage with super low interest rates. I do remember when I was in the US for work I did see the foreclosed houses, there is a lot of pent up anger I'm sure as seen on the many stories on wsb.

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

I don’t normally follow/talk stocks but this has been fascinating to watch. I hope this continues. It definitely stinks up the joint as it gets exposed.

I'm with you. GME just took a massive dump but is now climbing again. Reading the reddit group is wild. Very entertaining. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I don’t normally follow/talk stocks but this has been fascinating to watch. I hope this continues. It definitely stinks up the joint as it gets exposed.

SAME. I had 0% knowledge and now I feel like i know maybe 0.01% about it.

Although, Robinhood cutting off all those stocks is pretty bad if I am reading this correctly. How can that even be fair market?

Edit

Apparently Canadians and others outside the US are still available to buy the stock. This is insane to watch. :popcorn:

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1