Talking Stocks in 2021

jaisonline

I've worked in the Markets for almost 20 years and I and a number of collegues have been simply blown away by whats happened these past few days.  This will not end well.  And given where we are in the pandemics and markets being near all time highs, we could be on the tipping point of a big correction.  It's dot-com bubble all over again.  If there's one good thing that might come out of this, would be if they banned naked short selling, which is what the guys at Merlin Capital did to GME.  Ethically its just wrong to profit from a company that gets into trouble and putting it into more trouble by driving its share price down, so that its financial position and credit rating plummets, thereby denying that company access to working capital to survive.  Something that I have always walked away from when an opportunity has presented itself.  And today, David fought back and toppled Goliath.  This happen against a background of the Dow and S&P having their biggest daily fall for a number of months.  If this turmoil continues and pandemic continues to be out of control, then markets are going to drop, since they don't like certainty.  I'm very nervous!

Edited by Cheese
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Foreman Porgy said:

AMC, BB, NOK, KOSS, BBBY

I’ve done a lot of reading the past week or so. These are all on WSB radar. Buy at your own risk. 

i would avoid NOK, it has way to many outstanding shares to be ran up like some of the others.

24 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Full Interview (33:14) CNBC & Chamath Palihapitiya 1/27/21 - YouTube

Everyone should watch this. Sooner than later as it will be taken down fairly soon. 

One thing for sure those hedge funds that lost money today are not going to forget this.  The game will change very soon since they for sure have the government on their beck and call

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, cladner said:

This happens when they're trying to clean up with the massive interest in the past few days and the bots spamming. This happens actually once or twice a year. It's not a conspiracy to avoid the SEC or anything like that. I was frequenting the threads this morning and it started getting spammed hard with our stocks and copy-pastes.

It should be back tomorrow. The level of interest today on r/WSB kept crashing other parts of reddit which isn't common...

EDIT: It's back online now. You should be able to see it and try to join.

Edited by TANV
Status change.

2 hours ago, dennugsmello said:

Full Interview (33:14) CNBC & Chamath Palihapitiya 1/27/21 - YouTube

Everyone should watch this. Sooner than later as it will be taken down fairly soon. 

Wanted to add i believe this is one of the most important, honest interviews we've ever seen on the MSM. 

Wow, got taken down...nevermind, thought it was CNBC.

Edited by Jessekidd13

It’s nice to see the many posts with everything going on. The market sure has been interesting. Some financially questionable companies’ stocks (no offense intended) are during beyond good. GME, AMC, Bed Bath, Nokia etc.. I like the companies but not very sound investments 99% of the time. Note: I like BB; picked them up in Oct. (they have real good security tech).

Anyway, it’s kinda funny when the top daily gainers in my watch list for the last 2 days included the stocks above plus the VIX. That isn’t good. I assume we can assume more fear found it’s way into market because some hedge funds kinda reluctantly sold value & growth companies the last 2 days to offset the GME short squeeze.

This short squeeze situation is a mess. Really turned into a David vs. Goliath cage match with CNBC, Citron / Andrew Left, Jim Cramer, Elon Musk & Chamath Palihapitiya right in the middle. I just hope not many FOMO retail investors end up getting burned.

Melvin & company deserved this though. They have been manipulating dips and positions placements for far too long. Too many back door / secret squirrel meetings to take down stock prices. E.g. They are among the reasons some solid companies are doing squat. E.g. 34% of RKT is shorted. While a boring mortgage company, Rocket is a decent & makes a ton of revenue + profit but the stock wouldn’t move past $19-$21 for 5-6 months. I saw today they are on the WSB top 25 list so maybe they will see traction.

Many analysts also play games at the expense of retail investors with their “price targets” and “weight ratings”. E.g. they screwed Palantir & DraftKings the last two weeks. They would downgrade or initiate a rating with low price w/o zero support info. Then 2-3 days later, another analyst would be positive. Creates some nice dips to buy just before a price pop. I also noticed that Ark increased their PLTR position around the same time over a day or two.

There is just so much info available now if one knows where to look. Institutions (mainly ones who like to short) will need to adapt as well as retail investors to co-exist. Although, I’m rooting for the little guy as I’m in that grouping.

Regarding GME, I opened a couple of contracts in late Dec. Bought some 2/19 call contracts at the $25 strike price. Cost me $375 to $400 per contract. Unfortunately, I didn’t hold onto any of them long enough. This specific one cost me $390 and would be worth $31,992.00 if I held onto it for just 2 more weeks. Oh well.

ff2f0efed21b75ef7cc362c2ba9b49e2.jpg

Can’t win them all (I used the very small GME proceeds for funding CCIV longs & Aug 20 $17.50 Calls). If Lucid Motors merges with the CCIV SPAC, I’ll be happy but seriously doubt it will be big Game Stop money.

22 hours ago, CsabaLazlo said:

Apparently, the Reddit user (Deepfuckingvalue) that instigated the activity on the Wall Street Bets forum has been holding GME for over a year. He's a streamer so it should be easy to verify this if you care enough to do so. He might know what he's doing or he might be an idiot that got lucky.

Which forum did you see the GME mentioned on? I don't have any financial interest in the stock but, I'm enjoying the drama.

😂

4 hours ago, jaisonline said:

It’s nice to see the many posts with everything going on. The market sure has been interesting. Some financially questionable companies’ stocks (no offense intended) are during beyond good. GME, AMC, Bed Bath, Nokia etc.. I like the companies but not very sound investments 99% of the time. Note: I like BB; picked them up in Oct. (they have real good security tech).

Anyway, it’s kinda funny when the top daily gainers in my watch list for the last 2 days included the stocks above plus the VIX. That isn’t good. I assume we can assume more fear found it’s way into market because some hedge funds kinda reluctantly sold value & growth companies the last 2 days to offset the GME short squeeze.

This short squeeze situation is a mess. Really turned into a David vs. Goliath cage match with CNBC, Citron / Andrew Left, Jim Cramer, Elon Musk & Chamath Palihapitiya right in the middle. I just hope not many FOMO retail investors end up getting burned.

Melvin & company deserved this though. They have been manipulating dips and positions placements for far too long. Too many back door / secret squirrel meetings to take down stock prices. E.g. They are among the reasons some solid companies are doing squat. E.g. 34% of RKT is shorted. While a boring mortgage company, Rocket is a decent & makes a ton of revenue + profit but the stock wouldn’t move past $19-$21 for 5-6 months. I saw today they are on the WSB top 25 list so maybe they will see traction.

Many analysts also play games at the expense of retail investors with their “price targets” and “weight ratings”. E.g. they screwed Palantir & DraftKings the last two weeks. They would downgrade or initiate a rating with low price w/o zero support info. Then 2-3 days later, another analyst would be positive. Creates some nice dips to buy just before a price pop. I also noticed that Ark increased their PLTR position around the same time over a day or two.

There is just so much info available now if one knows where to look. Institutions (mainly ones who like to short) will need to adapt as well as retail investors to co-exist. Although, I’m rooting for the little guy as I’m in that grouping.

Regarding GME, I opened a couple of contracts in late Dec. Bought some 2/19 call contracts at the $25 strike price. Cost me $375 to $400 per contract. Unfortunately, I didn’t hold onto any of them long enough. This specific one cost me $390 and would be worth $31,992.00 if I held onto it for just 2 more weeks. Oh well.

ff2f0efed21b75ef7cc362c2ba9b49e2.jpg

Can’t win them all (I used the very small GME proceeds for funding CCIV longs & Aug 20 $17.50 Calls). If Lucid Motors merges with the CCIV SPAC, I’ll be happy but seriously doubt it will be big Game Stop money.

Buying opp with Lucid thats for sure.  Assuming that you think merger is going to happen.  SPACs have come off a bit these last few days with the hot money moving to MEME stocks (can't believe that is now a term!) Assuming CCIV becomes Lucid those Aug calls should be well in the money.  

Edited by Cheese

39 minutes ago, Leopard said:

This is once in a lifetime opportunity, $500 per share currently. This can explode (in a good way) tomorrow. I was able to get a few thousand in at $88 per share and not selling until 1K

That is ambitious and I would love to hear your rational for how it will hit $1k. 

In the mean time....  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFEewD4EVwU

3 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

The suits have gotten to Robin Hood. Oh boy.

“Robinhood has made it unavailable to trade these r/wallstreetbets names. $GME, $BB, $NOK, $AMC.”

AAL also up “huge”.

That will just piss off more people and cause them to find alternatives. There are now 4.5M subscribers on WSB compared to 2M just a few days ago. Gonna be super volatile the next few days and we haven't even got into the squeeze yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

This is more like gambling in Vegas than investing.

Just to show how bad I am at this, I also bought some BBBY yesterday and it looks like that bet is wrong :dontknow:

Unless you sold already, you can still win the bet - This thing could still fly all over the place