Talking Stocks in 2021

jaisonline

16 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I recommend selling AMC calls at this point. September or later expiration. 

AMC is different than other speculative buys or meme stocks in that they have not presented a credible way to change the trajectory of their company.

GME is transitioning - new board members, new NFT platform, they may emerge as a different company with all the new cash.

Crypto - We all know the potential....

AMC was sub 10$ before covid despite the insane roaring market of 2016-2020. A real dog that defied the rising tide that lifts all boats. Trends are obv against them with increased home viewership by the day. New 8k screens and mega screens cheaper by the day. Yes ppl will always go to theaters. I get it. But they were losing 100's millions before covid. Covid 2020 added 4 BILLION in losses. So somehow we are 6x the pre covid price? Lunacy. Yes I get that its a meme stock and that the insanity can linger. Thats why selling far out calls is the correct move here IMO. Selling an ATM spread should be a winning move.

obv. do your own DD I am not a legal financial advisor etc. etc..

wow. that. aged. poorly. 

Still believe will be sub 20 come september.

Did anyone pick up SOFI / IPOE warrants 1-2 weeks ago when they were selling for 11.50 or more lower than the common stock ?

Not many people know about SPAC warrants. Typical cost under $50 per company to exercise into common stock

They are still selling for a nice discount.
673dac2b938cdbcf5215d0ca136ac517.jpg

https://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/08/stock-option-warrant.asp

• Thanks 1

This is not my recommendation for or against AMC.  Just a FYI that AMC is cautioning buyers of its Class A stock after they sold 11.55 mil shares.  All BOLD and italic quotes below are contained in their original statement as can be read in the link below.  AMC is down 5% at this time, before the market open.

https://d18rn0p25nwr6d.cloudfront.net/CIK-0001411579/75dd872c-8bb4-441e-ad2f-d6cc5f975eb5.html

On June 3, 2021, AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (the “Company”) entered into an equity distribution agreement (the “Equity Distribution Agreement”) with B. Riley Securities, Inc. and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. as sales agents (each, a “Sales Agent” and collectively, the “Sales Agents”), to sell up to 11,550,000 shares of Class A common stock, par value $0.01 per share, of the Company (the “Common Stock”), from time to time, through an “at-the-market” offering program (the “Offering”).

The Prospectus Supplement includes updates to the following risk factor:

The market prices and trading volume of our shares of Class A common stock have recently experienced, and may continue to experience, extreme volatility, which could cause purchasers of our Class A common stock to incur substantial losses.

The market prices and trading volume of our shares of Class A common stock have recently experienced, and may continue to experience, extreme volatility, which could cause purchasers of our Class A common stock to incur substantial losses. For example, during 2021 to date, the market price of our Class A common stock has fluctuated from an intra-day low of $1.91 per share on January 5, 2021 to an intra-day high on the NYSE of $72.62 on June 2, 2021 and the last reported sale price of our Class A common stock on the NYSE on June 2, 2021, was $62.55 per share. During 2021 to date, daily trading volume ranged from approximately 23,598,228 to 1,253,253,550 shares. Within the last seven business days, the market price of our Class A common stock has fluctuated from an intra-day low of $12.18 on May 24, 2021 to an intra-day high of $72.62 on June 2, 2021, and we have made no disclosure regarding a change to our underlying business during that period, other than with respect to an additional financing.

We believe that the recent volatility and our current market prices reflect market and trading dynamics unrelated to our underlying business, or macro or industry fundamentals, and we do not know how long these dynamics will last. Under the circumstances, we caution you against investing in our Class A common stock, unless you are prepared to incur the risk of losing all or a substantial portion of your investment. 

Edited by exracer327

3 hours ago, KShine said:

Anyone else gambling on the Biogen approval tomorrow?

It could be $400, it could be $200.

I'm shorting them. I participate in some biotech discords and most of the people familiar with the science say the trials and data have been manipulated and coerced to make it to next stages. That being said their is also a lot of pressure to approve ANY AD drug so it may get some sympathy from the FDA.

Edited by landphieran

5 hours ago, landphieran said:

I'm shorting them. I participate in some biotech discords and most of the people familiar with the science say the trials and data have been manipulated and coerced to make it to next stages. That being said their is also a lot of pressure to approve ANY AD drug so it may get some sympathy from the FDA.

I completely agree that it shouldn't be approved, but I expect that it will (with conditions/restrictions).

9 hours ago, landphieran said:

Is there any substantive proof of this or just hearsay? AD has been notoriously hard with a string of failures, Lilly had a Phase II which met the primary but not secondary endpoints with the stock price taking a hit. I think only a straight approval may bump up the stock price. Having an approval does not necessarily correlate with a stock price increase.

9 hours ago, coelian said:

Is there any substantive proof of this or just hearsay? AD has been notoriously hard with a string of failures, Lilly had a Phase II which met the primary but not secondary endpoints with the stock price taking a hit. I think only a straight approval may bump up the stock price. Having an approval does not necessarily correlate with a stock price increase.

With the partial FDA nod, looks like not just Biogen and Eisai went to the moon but they took Lilly along.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2021 at 1:09 PM, cladner said:

HERTZ so good.  bought Hertz Global (HTZGQ) at $1.61 when they were bankrupt and smart money wouldn't touch it.    shareholders are going to end up getting $8 a share out of this when all is said and done with the new  deal.  already up 50% today almost to $6 but it will make it to $8-9 in the next few days i believe.

On 5/13/2021 at 2:34 PM, cladner said:

Hertz Global (HTZGQ) up another 8% after yesterday's monster 50% rally.  nothing really to stop this from getting to $8-9 in the next week.  the greed is strong with this one.

rally continues to be strong with HTZGQ now that it became a Barron's stock pick over the weekend , spiking and closing at $8.85  up 31% yesterday after the no reason dip at the end of last week.   _30 year duration_ warrants for the debt-shed reorganized company received from  my  sub $2 share price that come with the 30K shares i've hoarded will get me to the next level.   the company will exit bankruptcy july1.  expecting more upward price momentum today and tomorrow with FOMO kicking in as 6/30/2021 is the day of record to get the package of cash, warrants, and new HTZ stock.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/buy-hertz-stock-51624661301?refsec=barrons-stock-pick

1 hour ago, cladner said:

rally continues to be strong with HTZGQ now that it became a Barron's stock pick over the weekend , spiking and closing at $8.85  up 31% yesterday after the no reason dip at the end of last week.   _30 year duration_ warrants for the debt-shed reorganized company received from  my  sub $2 share price that come with the 30K shares i've hoarded will get me to the next level.   the company will exit bankruptcy july1.  expecting more upward price momentum today and tomorrow with FOMO kicking in as 6/30/2021 is the day of record to get the package of cash, warrants, and new HTZ stock.

https://www.barrons.com/articles/buy-hertz-stock-51624661301?refsec=barrons-stock-pick

delayed month and a half rally?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

delayed month and a half rally?

more paper hands than i anticipated.  fluctuating between $9.40-9.60 - expecting extreme volatility as we get to the "rebirth" tomorrow at 4.  never seen a similar situation like this where a company goes through bankruptcy and shareholders still have the potential to make out profitably and the bankrupt company emerges into its best operating environment of all time.  

• 1 month later...

This is related: Glad to see Trevor Milton getting indicted! He'll look good in orange!

That clown/serial scammer deservers to do some hard, hard time for scamming individuals/companies both at Nikola and his previous business. The red flags were all there the whole time for Nikola, but that's still no excuse for him fleecing investors. I hope the DOJ nails him to wall hard to make a statement. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My current watch list:

Short Peloton (PTON) - Currently every tech company has a virtual workout/streamed classes. Peloton already cut there bike costs to try and stay relevant. I don't think it will help for long.

Long Zillow (ZG) - Has incredible amounts of housing data. Should be able to continue to leverage it to success even in a higher mortgage rate industry.

Long BABA - Waiting until December/January when regulation talk is over.

Mid Term APPS - Their mobile ad revenue should be off the charts. Its a relatively new company that is already valued pretty highly. Definitely volatile and a bit dangerous however i project its going to hit 90s on its next quarterly.

Long NVCR - Biotech company that is helping treat cancer with Electro radiation. Its being used as a combination therapy. Should be included in nearly EVERY cancer treatment process.

Short (YY) - Its a scam.

Mid Term THO - RV manufacturer that just acquired a parts provider. Smashed earnings the last 2 quarters. Still has a backlog of orders until mid next year. Currently 127, should trade up to 140 by January. If demand continues 160-170 mid next year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, landphieran said:

My current watch list:

Short Peloton (PTON) - Currently every tech company has a virtual workout/streamed classes. Peloton already cut there bike costs to try and stay relevant. I don't think it will help for long.

Long Zillow (ZG) - Has incredible amounts of housing data. Should be able to continue to leverage it to success even in a higher mortgage rate industry.

Long BABA - Waiting until December/January when regulation talk is over.

Mid Term APPS - Their mobile ad revenue should be off the charts. Its a relatively new company that is already valued pretty highly. Definitely volatile and a bit dangerous however i project its going to hit 90s on its next quarterly.

Long NVCR - Biotech company that is helping treat cancer with Electro radiation. Its being used as a combination therapy. Should be included in nearly EVERY cancer treatment process.

Short (YY) - Its a scam.

Mid Term THO - RV manufacturer that just acquired a parts provider. Smashed earnings the last 2 quarters. Still has a backlog of orders until mid next year. Currently 127, should trade up to 140 by January. If demand continues 160-170 mid next year.

Digital Turbine is such a great company. The only thing that is a little concerning is their debt to asset ratio, but besides that it’s tough to find a better bargain on a stock. I’m holding a long position, and once their next earnings are released, I believe we will see triple digits in the near future.