Talking Stocks in 2021

jaisonline

looking like its official between cciv and lucid motors 

NEWS PROVIDED BY

Churchill Capital Corp IV 

Feb 22, 2021, 17:55 ET

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lucid-motors-to-go-public-in-merger-with-churchill-capital-corp-iv-bolstering-lucids-vision-to-redefine-luxury-performance-and-efficiency-in-the-sustainable-electric-vehicle-market-301232846.html

seems like this would be good news but stock is mainly tanking seesawing after hours.  probably something to do with the $2.5 billion PIPE. at $15 a share and resulting dilution. but still -   bit of an over-reaction imo but it will be messy.

Edited by cladner

From reading Twitter and TV segment on $cciv / Lucid Motors, I think this SPAC is a great history lesson for traders of future SPACs.

Many retail investors learned the hard way about not taking profits (or at least trimming), how SPACs work merger-wise, what happens when they be target (non-blank) company causes such high demand, and how evaluations & PIPEs influence stock price post-announcement.

anyway, I slipped late last week on ice while walking the wife to the car (luckily, no internal hemorrhage) & now finally getting back to normal so trying not to type much.

Good luck fellas. This week is def a test for the market.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:

From reading Twitter and TV segment on $cciv / Lucid Motors, I think this SPAC is a great history lesson for traders of future SPACs.

Many retail investors learned the hard way about not taking profits (or at least trimming), how SPACs work merger-wise, what happens when they be target (non-blank) company causes such high demand, and how evaluations & PIPEs influence stock price post-announcement.

anyway, I slipped late last week on ice while walking the wife to the car (luckily, no internal hemorrhage) & now finally getting back to normal so trying not to type much.

Good luck fellas. This week is def a test for the market.

Yikes, glad your ok. Our drive way looks like a skating rink right now. 

• Like 1

Market is now moving to growth/vaule stocks, the so called established old economy stocks with low p/e ratios and increasing revenues and EBITA.  Increasing bond yields is the cause and that has spooked the market.  Look chart on the 10YR Treasury bond in the last week!  Although in a wider context, its still lot lower than what it has been historically, hence, if you believe over-reaction, fill your boots and buy the dip.  

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to get in CCIV at $11 and sell completely the night before the merger. We all kinda know the stock would dip after the announcement since people love to sell then buy back in but I never thought it would drop significantly. CCIV is still great to buy between $25-$35 though. The stock will hit $200’s by next year, it’s a long hold. 

I am still holding GME...I actually like the company and believe their future is bright under Cohen. Once the earnings report and GameStop’s company vision gets announced in a few weeks, it will shake things up. I don’t think many fully understand how the potential and upside is MASSIVE...

2 hours ago, KShine said:

Are you still riding the RKT? I sold 1/3 of my holdings in the low 30's.

Ha. I wish.  Had cheap $25 RKT March 19 Calls. Only paid $1.94 per contract. Closed at $16.68 today.   Granted, I did use the cash toward CCIV / Lucid Motors though  

9B93D317-3C50-459E-91FA-35ABD86901B5.jpeg

2 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Ha. I wish.  Had cheap $25 RKT March 19 Calls. Only paid $1.94 per contract. Closed at $16.68 today.   Granted, I did use the cash toward CCIV / Lucid Motors though  

9B93D317-3C50-459E-91FA-35ABD86901B5.jpeg

I am looking to move into some CCIV - Valuations on the SPACs are tricky.

Treasury yields went way up, not sustainable, but in the short term, especially if it keeps going, it'll be poison for stocks & commodities, gold & silver in particular. 

If you want to buy metals, keep an eye out on the yields/rates, if they rise it's a buying opportunity for au & ag as it pressures the price. Ideally the rates would be zero or negative (like it is already 98% of the time) for stocks & metals.

But the rising yields spark hope for naive investors that the market picks up again & that's what matters, even if the fed clearly states they don't even think about raising rates until 2024... Maybe it's best to wait until the dust settles... if it even does at this point & we don't end up in a major 40% crash by May