Talking Stocks in 2021

jaisonline

17 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

image.png.23fc23262068958561861900170f04a7.png

yep, its done.  Will be back to $10 soon.  Hind sight is obviously a great thing, but the squeeze was last week as per your chart and not still to come, as lots of people are deluding themselves.  just my opinion and not financial advise!  

It's been a fun ride watching this last week and a half, I covered my principal last week and will let the house money ride the rest of the way. I didn't take a large position and it was crazy watching the P&L go up/down 5 figures and I decided it was too much for me.

1 hour ago, coelian said:

It's been a fun ride watching this last week and a half, I covered my principal last week and will let the house money ride the rest of the way. I didn't take a large position and it was crazy watching the P&L go up/down 5 figures and I decided it was too much for me.

5 figure p&l movements and thats not a large position?  Jeez.  You must be a whale!

So how many of us jumped into $cciv after watching Lucid Motors Air commercials during those 2 weeks of Saturday NFL playoff games? My first position was added on Jan. 12 @ $14.91. Then bought Aug 20 $17.50 calls on Jan. 13 @ $6.907 premium.

If people want, I can start posting more details here about why their SPAC merger w/ Churchill may or may not happen. Nevertheless, we should hear the decision soon. It will either be a 1st inning grand slam or K’ing w/ the bases load & 2 outs.

8 hours ago, Cheese said:

yep, its done.  Will be back to $10 soon.  Hind sight is obviously a great thing, but the squeeze was last week as per your chart and not still to come, as lots of people are deluding themselves.  just my opinion and not financial advise!  

There is real data that the short sellers are buying and selling to each other at 100, these are short ladder attacks. The buy to sell ratio is 3x more on the BUY. The squeeze did not happen at all... If people are panicking or checking stocks every hour of the day then this isn’t for you. All in all, I don’t believe it’s done. 

I am happy for the people who pulled out to make profit and I am rooting for the ones who bought a lot to make a killing. This stock changed many lives already in a good way. I have bought a good amount/shares and I’m prepared to go down with the ship. It’s crazy people think the squeeze already happened or maybe I am the crazy one who held onto the bag. 

6 hours ago, Cheese said:

5 figure p&l movements and thats not a large position?  Jeez.  You must be a whale!

Last week's movements were insane, whales are like blackrock, vanguard who have millions of shares. DFV's current holdings move by 8 figures...

12 minutes ago, Leopard said:

There is real data that the short sellers are buying and selling to each other at 100, these are short ladder attacks. The buy to sell ratio is 3x more on the BUY. The squeeze did not happen at all... If people are panicking or checking stocks every hour of the day then this isn’t for you. All in all, I don’t believe it’s done. 

I am happy for the people who pulled out to make profit and I am rooting for the ones who bought a lot to make a killing. This stock changed many lives already in a good way. I have bought a good amount/shares and I’m prepared to go down with the ship. It’s crazy people think the squeeze already happened or maybe I am the crazy one who held onto the bag. 

If the squeeze does happen great, if not happy to put my few shares in the movement. Personally I feel wall street is taking away too many top brains, many of these folks should go into other fields. I have friends who can make 300k a year as a programmer for a large bank, even in tech they can't make that kind of money. 

10 hours ago, jaisonline said:

Yep. PLTR saw a nice bump the last 2-3 days.

PLTR is one to swing trade.  Offload and buy back in later date.  Rinse and repeat.  CCIV now looks overbought.  Lot of the WSB crowd who were burnt on GME and AMC seem to have jumped in the last week, in an attempt to recover their losses.  If Lucid doesn't come through, lot of people are going to get burnt.  I got in at 15, so took all my initial capital out, so this is risk free, in case merger doesn't happen.  If merger does happen, sure there will be opportunities in future to build position for long term.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cheese said:

PLTR is one to swing trade.  Offload and buy back in later date.  Rinse and repeat.

PLTR went IPO just a few months ago and has had very positive news in the past few weeks.  Where are you getting your info that PLTR is a "swing trade" stock?

Edited by exracer327

I started buying PLTR on the day of the direct listing late Sept. After a couple weeks, my average sheer buying was about $10.20.  When it went up to $30s (1st time) and fell back down into the mid-$20s, I sold 50% of my position at $26.  Then hit about $22.50 and I bought in again.  When it hit $37 recently and fell to $31, I sold 50% again at $33.  I recently added 25% of my existing quantity at $32 this year.  

Yeah, I made some money doing this but wouldn’t advise it if you really believe long-time in a stock for 2 reasons.  

1).  If I truly believe in staying LONG in a stock, there’s no reason to sell it for tax purposes with the current capital gains rules.  I could’ve just added to my position on each major dip.
2). I also got burned in the past selling and buying, rinse and repeat. Not only did I lose out on getting the capital tax savings, I got burned by being forced to buy the stock at higher prices than I saw the at.  This killed me with Disney and Tesla last year.  Not only do I have to wait longer now for the stocks to be considered capital LONG, my avg-purchased per share is higher.  

I don’t consider myself a day trader or even a weekly trade. I want to buy and hold. If I wanna stay in a stock for short term, I now trade into call options especially since my max loss is cap'd.
However, that’s what’s nice about the stock market with smart investing. There are multiple ways to make money (and lose).

PLTR went IPO just a few months ago and has had very positive news in the past few weeks.  Where are you getting your info that PLTR is a "swing trade" stock?

PLTR is one to swing trade.  Offload and buy back in later date.  Rinse and repeat.  CCIV now looks overbought.  Lot of the WSB crowd who were burnt on GME and AMC seem to have jumped in the last week, in an attempt to recover their losses.  If Lucid doesn't come through, lot of people are going to get burnt.  I got in at 15, so took all my initial capital out, so this is risk free, in case merger doesn't happen.  If merger does happen, sure there will be opportunities in future to build position for long term.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I started buying PLTR on the day of the direct listing lately or Sept. After a couple weeks, my average sheer buying was about $10.20.  When it went up to $30s (1st time) and fell back down into the mid-$20s, I sold 50% of my position at $26.  Then hit about $22.50 and I bought in again.  When it hit $37 recently and fell to $31, I sold 50% again at $33.  I recently added 25% of my existing quantity at $32 this year.  

Yeah, I made some money doing this but wouldn’t advise it if you really believe long-time in a stock for 2 reasons.  

This is what I was seeing.  If you bought in early, you could do what you did.  However, at this point, I'm not as confident it'll continue to bounce like that.  If it goes down, I think I would be interested in buying in but I would most likely hold it long-term at this point.  But that's just my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

So what's everyone's read on rhodium and palladium precious metals since thieves are now yanking catalytic convertors off of vehicles? https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/09/climate/catalytic-converter-theft.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Had mine stolen off of my car just over a year ago. Scared the bajeebers out of me when I started it. Insurance covered everything but $100 thankfully.

Edit: Just adding, it took them roughly 60 seconds to get it off. And before insurance, it would have resulted in $1.7k in damages.

Edited by spener90

19 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

So what's everyone's read on rhodium and palladium precious metals since thieves are now yanking catalytic convertors off of vehicles? https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/09/climate/catalytic-converter-theft.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Is this new?  I thought tweakers had been doing this for years?

1 hour ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Is this new?  I thought tweakers had been doing this for years?

found out the hard way how expensive it is to replace a cat...$1100+ for a new one; $500+ for "refurbished" one...and cost of labor to weld it into place.

apparently it's an easy $300 for disreputable folks inclined to work on their backs 😉

31 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

found out the hard way how expensive it is to replace a cat...$1100+ for a new one; $500+ for "refurbished" one...and cost of labor to weld it into place.

apparently it's an easy $300 for disreputable folks inclined to work on their backs 😉

Read this like I did, out of context and assuming you are talking about a cat.  It's both amusing and super weird.

• Haha 2

Benzinga video about CCIV SPAC w/ Chris DeMuth from Rangeley Capital. Don’t know much about the firm. Basically, they bought in near $10 early & trimmed some with $30 calls after it quickly increased. Chris thinks it’s about 80% that Lucid Motors merges w/ CCIV.

I’m going for the Hail Mary. My avg buy-in is now $20.09 after adding more shares today and last week. Before that, my avg buy-in was about $16. Still have my Aug 2021 $17.50 calls purchased at $6.90 premium for each contract. My chips are all in and not adding more.