Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

1 minute ago, hockeyweasel said:

Apocalypseburg and Y-Wing were VIP weekend discounts in the US

Ninjago City and the Disney Train were part of the BF weekend discounts in the US

This according to the purchase dates on my inventory spreadsheet

last year those deals leaked early... anyone hear anything about sale items on VIP weekend??? gotta get me that disney train... pissed i missed it last year

3 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Might grab another Tantive IV. Should be an easy quick flip this holiday season. It go 20% off for BF, or maybe not? ...these are strange times.

i’m hoping 30% off

• Haha 1

I asked my store tonight what they were doing for BF given tighter restrictions and they still plan on being open from 6 AM to 10 PM. They've arranged to have the line start at the empty anchor store down and around the corner and they'll radio to send in more customers. I'm spending Thanksgiving with family that wouldn't be happy with me standing in an indoor line, so I think I'll be relegated to online only. Happy hunting fellow area brickpickers!

Edited by hockeyweasel

25 minutes ago, EliasFelipe said:

Should be almost saterday by now in New Zealand and Australia. Any news yet?? So curious....

I'm not sure we're getting any deals for the VIP weekend, I would of thought it would of been leaked by now if there were any. Unless Lego have been super secretive about it. 

Like you say New Zealand will show us if any pop up, think it's around 10.30 night there now so not long. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raulaco said:

I'm not sure we're getting any deals for the VIP weekend, I would of thought it would of been leaked by now if there were any. Unless Lego have been super secretive about it. 

Like you say New Zealand will show us if any pop up, think it's around 10.30 night there now so not long. 

Well, just checked. I see no 30% off deals. Both the brick and CD I can confirm

14 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

The metadata on the offers page also includes the following:
“Discover LEGO toy deals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday with up to 20% off selected LEGO sets! Starts on Friday, November 27th, 2020! ”

stonewars comment. looks like 20% only this year if discounts are standard across regions 

Yes, but this is the usual right?  I think in addition they have a couple “door busters” for 30% off each day??? 

(let me hope... i want that damn disney train for 30% off)  

6 hours ago, EliasFelipe said:

Should be almost saterday by now in New Zealand and Australia. Any news yet?? So curious....

set my alarm for midnight NZ time, bought another Diner and qualified for Charles Dickens set,

Teal Brick and double VIP points 2400 it's definitely live down under

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

Yes, but this is the usual right?  I think in addition they have a couple “door busters” for 30% off each day??? 

(let me hope... i want that damn disney train for 30% off)  

I doubt the Disney train will be offer as I think it's on backorder, well at least here it is. 

I've just noticed something that can't be good for the long term value of the charles dickens set.

You can now buy the last years promo microscale gingerbread house on the lego site for £17.99. Is this a new thing lego is doing? I don't remember seeing the previous years christmas promo available for sale the following year. The tree will probably follow.

This is another slight blow for re sellers correct.

1 minute ago, raulaco said:

I've just noticed something that can't be good for the long term value of the charles dickens set.

You can now buy the last years promo microscale gingerbread house on the lego site for £17.99. Is this a new thing lego is doing? I don't remember seeing the previous years christmas promo available for sale the following year. The tree will probably follow.

most likely old stock

23 minutes ago, raulaco said:

The snowglobe (40223) was on sale online for $9.99 in the U.S. (limit 5) the year after it was a GWP. 

• Like 1