Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

I thought it might be fun to see what peoples predictions are on which sets may be discounted on Lego's Black Friday event this year.

Of the so called exclusives possible candidates imo are as follows:

30 percent off each

Saturn V  (maybe a repeat of last year)

Treehouse

Flintstones

Disney Train and Station  (maybe a repeat of last year)

Tantive IV 

Vestas Wind Turbine

Roller Coaster - I really have a feeling that this will be in.

I would love to hear everyone else's predictions.

5 minutes ago, raulaco said:

I'm there :)

Obviously tongue in cheek but the point is that BF has been underwhelming for years now.  We get some 30% on stuff the nobody really wants and great deals on junk that not even Lego wants.  Now, if there was a discount on the UCS Star Destroyer, then they would have me singing a different tune.

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

I thought it might be fun to see what peoples predictions are on which sets may be discounted on Lego's Black Friday event this year.

30 percent off each

Treehouse

Flintstones

Disney Train and Station  (maybe a repeat of last year)

Tantive IV 

Vestas Wind Turbine

Roller Coaster - I really have a feeling that this will be in.

I would love to hear everyone else's predictions.

it doesn't matter, we get the leftovers you should know this by now.

1 minute ago, Huskers1236 said:

Obviously tongue in cheek but the point is that BF has been underwhelming for years now.  We get some 30% on stuff the nobody really wants and great deals on junk that not even Lego wants.  Now, if there was a discount on the UCS Star Destroyer, then they would have me singing a different tune.

I have to say last year black friday was actually really good imo. I hope on some good deals this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

it doesn't matter, we get the leftovers you should know this by now.

They should make it fair so it starts at the same time for everyone. Why do we have to be an hour behind :(

Yer but it's still fun with fastest finger first at 12 midnight. Fun maybe until you see the sold out sign lol. Reminds me of the first year of amazon black friday deals when there was actually good deals clicking as fast as you can to get the stuff.

Edited by raulaco

1 minute ago, raulaco said:

I have to say last year black friday was actually really good imo. I hope on some good deals this year.

US and Europe definitely have some variance in their deals year to year.  You guys have gotten some 30% sales that we haven't seen during BF in the past.  Surely due to set popularity and stock supplies. There are also in-store deals that don't show online and since I'm 3 hours from my nearest Lego store, that's also and non-issue.  

• Like 1

Just now, Huskers1236 said:

US and Europe definitely have some variance in their deals year to year.  You guys have gotten some 30% sales that we haven't seen during BF in the past.  Surely due to set popularity and stock supplies. There are also in-store deals that don't show online and since I'm 3 hours from my nearest Lego store, that's also and non-issue.  

Wish I lived closer to a lego store, 2 - 3 hours is roughly the same time for me.

Others to consider:

Mickey Mouse Buildable Characters
Monkey Kid of some kind

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

30 percent off each

Treehouse

I think they won't do the Saturn V since it's just released again. Also the region will also determine what sales are actually possible. The Treehouse in AU is a highly sourced after product and sells out super quick without and sale/gwp so I don't see this going on sale in my region. 

57 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Obviously tongue in cheek but the point is that BF has been underwhelming for years now.  We get some 30% on stuff the nobody really wants and great deals on junk that not even Lego wants. 

Didn't large sets like Voltron, Ninjago City, and UCS Hulkbuster all go on sale that weekend in the U.S. last year?

4 hours ago, BillyBricks said:

Didn't large sets like Voltron, Ninjago City, and UCS Hulkbuster all go on sale that weekend in the U.S. last year?

Could have.  I know for me personally those would have held no interest for my business model.  Obviously Ninjago City was a home run and if you had the room to store a bunch of them, then that was an amazing deal.  I don't want to speak for everyone, but overall, the day is underwhelming.  For every NC, there are 10 Rey Buildable Figures on sale.  

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

Could have.  I know for me personally those would have held no interest for my business model.  Obviously Ninjago City was a home run and if you had the room to store a bunch of them, then that was an amazing deal.  I don't want to speak for everyone, but overall, the day is underwhelming.  For every NC, there are 10 Rey Buildable Figures on sale.  

I remember there was like a 2 minute window to order the NC here in the uk and it wasn't at 12, more like 12.30 if I remember. I do hope that which ever set goes on sale has enough stock to last a few hours at least.

3 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

The reason I had to ask is that these are generally not the sets I buy, either. I know those who do buy in bulk with those more expensive sets did well.