Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

The 10242 Mini Cooper retired in December 2018, was discounted for Black Friday 2018 and also included the Christmas Gift promo. 

So it's quite likely this year we'll see the VW Beetle 10252 (already on "Retiring Soon") get the same treatment.

Other possible reductions could be: 

75244 Tantive IV

21318 Tree House

21316 The Flintstones

Maybe also a Harry Potter set, and a Jurassic World set ...

Edited by HandyHand

26 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

The 10242 Mini Cooper retired in December 2018, was discounted for Black Friday 2018 and also included the Christmas Gift promo. 

So it's quite likely this year we'll see the VW Beetle 10252 (already on "Retiring Soon") get the same treatment.

Other possible reductions could be: 

75244 Tantive IV

21318 Tree House

21316 The Flintstones

Maybe also a Harry Potter set, and a Jurassic World set ...

I agree with them all but the VW beetle. Apparently production has already stopped on this set so I doubt it will last until black friday especially after this vip weekend.

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

well the Christmas tree coming back in the summer and selling out was a nice reminder for folks which fueled price increases going into the holidays (North America).  I regretfully sold a few of mine for sub $50 when currently going for $85+ 

i missed that. was it avail a long time?

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

It was advertised, but I think it was pulled from the offer online. Some stores may have got a few.

The Christmas Tree was not available online for me

Also, my local Lego store didn't have the Christmas Tree but had the Nutcracker as the "Christmas in July" GWP instead

I recall that there were several Brickpickers reporting that they managed to get the Christmas Tree at their local Lego stores for a very short period of time

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

from Dickens fine print .....

Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $150 in LEGO merchandise only. Bricks & Pieces orders are not valid for this promotion. One set per household.

Is that enforced or new this year? 

In years past, the phrase "one set per household" appeared very often ... not only for Black Friday GWPs.

• Thanks 1

Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $150 in LEGO merchandise only. Bricks & Pieces orders are not valid for this promotion. One set per household.

The one per house has been on every GWP that I have bothered to read the fine print on. I have never had them send only 1 if I had multiple orders.

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

So what's everyone's plans for the upcoming VIP Weekend?

Has anyone been holding out on certain sets waiting for a promo event like this. I personally would like to pick up the treehouse but am unsure if it will go to the sales next week.

Probably will try for the NES online and then Assembly Square at the local store. May do more than that but those are pretty much 100% for me right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:
8 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

The one per house has been on every GWP that I have bothered to read the fine print on. I have never had them send only 1 if I had multiple orders.

One for each household or per account?

Can I order from 2 different addresses from the same account and receive the GWP?

12 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

never ever known to send 1 per household. gonna be pissed if this is enforced.

1 per household will be terrible if they go forward with it. Will be a pain to send stuff back, although I think it's free to return you just have to call them or something. Lol if I only get one the post office is going to hate me even more. 

40 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

never ever known to send 1 per household. gonna be pissed if this is enforced.

It's usually not enforced but always in the terms. One example of it being enforced that I can think is the Hagrid & Buckbeak BHZ. For me and a few others anyways, only reported getting 1 despite multiple orders. Similar case for the Yoda Lightsaber. Seems like lately they've been a little more strict on high demand GWP.

2 hours ago, RightDwigt said:

It's usually not enforced but always in the terms. One example of it being enforced that I can think is the Hagrid & Buckbeak BHZ. For me and a few others anyways, only reported getting 1 despite multiple orders. Similar case for the Yoda Lightsaber. Seems like lately they've been a little more strict on high demand GWP.

Interesting... how did you find out that you only got one HP brickheadz?  Did it not add to your cart? did it not appear on the “item shipped” email? or did they just not put it in the box when they mailed it to you?

Also, when did you place your orders? right at midnight or later on during promotion??

Trying to figure out if there is any reason why some ppl only get one GWP while others get one per order...

3 minutes ago, bigfanofnu said:

I'm a little confused about this comment. Are you saying if you order lego through Amazon or Walmart during the VIP event you qualify for the GWP? 

It was a flippant speculative comment, but I see a possibility for GWP to slip into Amazon or Walmart orders if they dropship from LEGO during this promotion period.

1 hour ago, Bricks Eh said:

Interesting... how did you find out that you only got one HP brickheadz?  Did it not add to your cart? did it not appear on the “item shipped” email? or did they just not put it in the box when they mailed it to you?

Also, when did you place your orders? right at midnight or later on during promotion??

Trying to figure out if there is any reason why some ppl only get one GWP while others get one per order...

For the brick heads I placed three orders that should have qualified. In this case they did not show in the order confirmation but were in the cart before I checked out. I always try to order within the first five minutes, so I don't think it's an issue of timing. 

It's hard because it's not one of those things you can call up customer service about, because technically you're only supposed to get one. I'm not sure how to consistently ensure that you get multiple GWP.

4 hours ago, RightDwigt said:

For the brick heads I placed three orders that should have qualified. In this case they did not show in the order confirmation but were in the cart before I checked out. I always try to order within the first five minutes, so I don't think it's an issue of timing. 

It's hard because it's not one of those things you can call up customer service about, because technically you're only supposed to get one. I'm not sure how to consistently ensure that you get multiple GWP.

I placed 4 separate orders for the HP BHz GWP early on as well.

all four showed GWP at checkout but only three of the orders showed GWP in the confirmation email.

When I called CS. they said the company line (1 per household), but also noted that i missed the cut-off amount by a penny on the order that did not get the GWP. So LEGO rounds up apparently for checkout but dings you for a penny later. 

29 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

When I called CS. they said the company line (1 per household), but also noted that i missed the cut-off amount by a penny on the order that did not get the GWP. So LEGO rounds up apparently for checkout but dings you for a penny later. 

Interesting. So $99.99 is good but $99.98 you are in danger zone