Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

I'm going to make a case for the White and Black Porsche RSR.

Have folks seen this set in person?  It's probably the best color-way of all the big Technic Sports Cars...it was also on again/off again on the EOL lists this year.

I just saw one last night at a car dealership...it's truly eye catching and attractive to car enthusiast in general.  This post is more of a fan review...but I think this one will be the equivalent of the poor man's Orange Porsche which is fetching $500-$600 currently...as that value goes up this one won't be far behind once it EOL. Easy x2  year removed from EOL and maybe x3+

3 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm going to make a case for the White and Black Porsche RSR.

Have folks seen this set in person?  It's probably the best color-way of all the big Technic Sports Cars...it was also on again/off again on the EOL lists this year.

I just saw one last night at a car dealership...it's truly eye catching and attractive to car enthusiast in general.  This post is more of a fan review...but I think this one will be the equivalent of the poor man's Orange Porsche which is fetching $500-$600 currently...as that value goes up this one won't be far behind once it EOL. Easy x2  year removed from EOL and maybe x3+

agree with this completely

get several Christmas Carol promotional sets

I can pass on the teal brick at 200 to get more Christmas Carol sets the red brick vip gift for think $200 last year is worth $20 on ebay so this teal one will not set the world on fire ..... 

11 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

dickens promo is best in a while methinks. Would really have gone all out to get a bunch of these this year

but 150$ is really a steep ask.

Exactly my thought as well.  At $100 ea I might get several of them.  But at $150 ea I might get two.  Maybe.

Another thought occurred to me though.  What if there is a limited supply of these.  The higher price point would be warranted to slow down distribution and make it last a little longer.  But who knows.

That teal brick though @ $200!?  Unless it has a gold minifigure included, I don't get that price point at all.  Maybe LEGO will have a deal years in the future that you can turn in five different colored GWP bricks for a real LEGO set?  

10 hours ago, redghostx said:
On 11/12/2020 at 9:45 PM, ravenb99 said:
that was the worst f'n return on a promo ever.  Not sure how a 2nd one was needed and how that would help an already shitty first one.

Worse than chima fire bike?

least fire bike was like $35 buy in and could get the mega stack on those cause they couldn't get rid of them with the amounts they had.  Think I was getting 2 or 3 per $35 lol.

Damn brick was actually super limited and pretty strict on the amounts.   Got like $20 for the stupid red brick after $200 buy in.  Luckily it stacked with something else at the time but man that thing sucked .  Who would of guessed no one cared about a plain red buildable brick.

Dickens will be gold though so guess that makes up for it.  Seeing every set is $200 and up it seems shouldn't be to hard to pick stuff out.  That buy in should keep it high all season.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

Seeing every set is $200 and up it seems shouldn't be to hard to pick stuff out.  That buy in should keep it high all season.

You seeing different sets discounted for VIP weekend vs BF? Looks like Apocalypseburg was the special for VIP weekend and different stuff for the 4 days of BF weekend.

18 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

You seeing different sets discounted for VIP weekend vs BF? Looks like Apocalypseburg was the special for VIP weekend and different stuff for the 4 days of BF weekend.

haven't got the info yet,  should be soon though.  Believe it will be staggered days again.

Edited by ravenb99

15 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

I’m still wondering when they are going to drop the Book of Monsters... could be Black Friday or some time in December...

Hope the Book of Monsters isn't just tied to purchases of harry potter. Probably going to be a high purchase value gwp considering the piece count. :)

20 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

Hopefully the sale list leaks soon... getting my midnight shopping list ready =P

I just hope theres enough stock to last an hour before it hits the UK. Last year was a little disappointing to see certain sets sold out bang on midnight. 

11 hours ago, Bricks Eh said:

I’m still wondering when they are going to drop the Book of Monsters... could be Black Friday or some time in December...

Personally I hope it’s a big money HP purchase free gift. I’m looking for an excuse to buy Diagon Alley! 

Edited by eliminator

5 hours ago, Bricks Eh said:

Anyone have any luck with a list of sale items at the VIP weekend??? I asked at the store but they said they could not share... figured it was worth a go... anyone else have any luck or info???

I do hope we get the sales. The info was defiantly leaked earlier last year, maybe a few more days and someone will know. :)

On 11/13/2020 at 10:58 AM, exciter1 said:

I don't feel like much of a VIP if they are requiring me to spend $150-$200 for a gift.

I just received the latest Lego catalog in the mail.  The catalog contains details of the Black Friday promos.  According to the fine prints, for the Charles Dickens promo (available on 11-21-22 and 11/27-30), the "offer is not valid toward sale items".  I don't recall ever having seen this wording on previous GWPs.  Does this mean that if you purchases $150 of "Black Friday sale items", you will NOT get the Charles Dickens promo?

14 minutes ago, cambridge02138 said:

I just received the latest Lego catalog in the mail.  The catalog contains details of the Black Friday promos.  According to the fine prints, for the Charles Dickens promo (available on 11-21-22 and 11/27-30), the "offer is not valid toward sale items".  I don't recall ever having seen this wording on previous GWPs.  Does this mean that if you purchases $150 of "Black Friday sale items", you will NOT get the Charles Dickens promo?

That's the way it reads, I guess we'll see.

8 hours ago, raulaco said:

I do hope we get the sales. The info was defiantly leaked earlier last year, maybe a few more days and someone will know.

Yeah last year they leaked pretty early on, I'm surprised they managed to keep it under wraps so far this year. Hopefully we the list soon

• Like 1