Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

On 11/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, fantomas007 said:

I dont expect too much this year - beucase of corona production lags, but some sets should be discounted. Primary the standard sets, from exclusives some bad sellers:

Disney Train - really not popular set

Tantive IV - ending this year, probably due its unpopularity

Vestas Wind Turbine - same

Is Tantive IV unpopular? It's an iconic ship and the exclusive minifigs are going for a decent amount of cash on the secondary market. I haven't bothered with it myself but, that's because there are a couple of superior MOCs. The MOCs are pretty steep so the official set is a decent enough model if you want something off the shelf.

1 minute ago, CsabaLazlo said:

Is Tantive IV unpopular? It's an iconic ship and the exclusive minifigs are going for a decent amount of cash on the secondary market. I haven't bothered with it myself but, that's because there are a couple of superior MOCs. The MOCs are pretty steep so the official set is a decent enough model if you want something off the shelf.

The set does nothing for me personally. Never loved the ship. I think what holds it back is it missed the UCS tag. Just my thoughts.

15 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

kinda OT but if the stars align and there is BOTH a return to SIP AND passing of a new Feds stimulus package...this could be the most EPIC holiday shopping season ever.

Don’t think the current administration is going to act on a stimulus prior to leaving office. and even if one did pass, seems unlikely it will hit before the Holidays.

not a political post. Just not expecting any sort of stimulus anytime soon. 

4 hours ago, MrSam said:

Haven't seen this listed anywhere else yet. Just got an alert that this was listed in LEGO Shop at Home... To be part of the VIP sales.

Might do good things for the red brick, too?

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.17.17 AM.png

This to replace the Charles Dickens lol can you imagine. Lego still haven't officially confirmed that promo. 

This brick though imo seems a bit crud as a promo. 

Wait scrap that comment above lol. Lego have now confirmed it on there page. 

Free Lego Charles Dickens with purchases of over £150 from 21st to 22nd Nov.

Free VIP brick set with purchases of over £200 from 21st to 22nd Nov.

Double points also on those dates.

That seems like a great deal. 

Edited by raulaco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrSam said:

Haven't seen this listed anywhere else yet. Just got an alert that this was listed in LEGO Shop at Home... To be part of the VIP sales.

Might do good things for the red brick, too?

Screen Shot 2020-11-13 at 8.17.17 AM.png

I used BrickLink to get the parts to build the red one and it was really inexpensive.  I can't imagine having to spend $150 or $200 or whatever it'll be for this.  I added an extra layer of tiles in mine so I could easily open it.  I just don't know what to store in there!

20201112_193337.jpg

• Like 1

I used BrickLink to get the parts to build the red one and it was really inexpensive.  I can't imagine having to spend $150 or $200 or whatever it'll be for this.  I added an extra layer of tiles in mine so I could easily open it.  I just don't know what to store in there!
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2020_11/20201112_193337.thumb.jpg.31388fe063e3087e27f0a0e29f42a8e4.jpg

5075f895f2d849f3ff5d1b568a60fd15.jpg
  • Haha 1