Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

32 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Yea, 30% off in North America too. I grabbed a few but had a very hard time selling them. Very slim profit, but at least I got points and the GWPs.

What are everyone thoughts on Disney train being 30% off again on BF (or VIP)?? I passed on it last year but kinda regret not getting at least one... hoping it comes back so i can grab one (or two)

Edited by Bricks Eh

7 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

Yowza... you think it will be worth more than previous christmas GWP sets? i see lots of previous ones selling for $40-50 now... the drawer on this one is quite cool

its unique. might be wrong obv. not a lot of precedent to go on here.

also, buyin is higher then in previous years. less ppl will have this, and likely lego made less corespondingly

Edited by Bricklectic

39 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

This weekend is just double points and the gwps.  Pretty sure how it's been for awhile now. I mean I'm the one who posts the sales the last 5 years or so and that's the way it's been or how I remember it at least.  

Nah, musta been somebody else.

• Like 2

Dickens will be a $100 in a year, no doubt.  Many of the Christmas GWPs have no figs.  This has 3 and they are collectible just on their own merits.

A lot of folks are going to miss getting this, so the supply will be more reseller-heavy than normal (my theory).  This will be in demand....

Edited by thedingman5

2 minutes ago, thedingman5 said:

Dickens will be a $100 in a year, no doubt.  Many of the Christmas GWPs have no figs.  This has 3 and they are collectible just on their own merits.

A lot of folks are going to miss getting this, so the supply will be more reseller-heavy than normal (my theory).  This will be in demand....

unless the production numbers are wayyyyy up this year...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

unless the production numbers are wayyyyy up this year...

Hmm sounds like the market could be flooded. I just hope it won't come back as an actual set sold by Lego next year. At least it shouldn't be hard to get with this new info. 

Maybe though it's a set to sell now and not hold seeming as we have no idea what there plans are with it are going forward. 

On a side note I really do wish we knew what was coming up for the actual Lego black Friday event, I don't want to end up purchasing sets that will be discounted a week later. 

Edited by raulaco

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

Hmm sounds like the market could be flooded. I just hope it won't come back as an actual set sold by Lego next year. At least it shouldn't be hard to get with this new info. 

Maybe though it's a set to sell now and not hold seeming as we have no idea what there plans are with it are going forward. 

On a side note I really do wish we knew what was coming up for the actual Lego black Friday event, I don't want to end up purchasing sets that will be discounted a week later. 

well the Christmas tree coming back in the summer and selling out was a nice reminder for folks which fueled price increases going into the holidays (North America).  I regretfully sold a few of mine for sub $50 when currently going for $85+