Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

20 hours ago, doon73 said:

They put a cash value on it in case people cancel orders before they've been fully fulfilled. For example, I bought the ECTO-1 and War Buster. ECTO-1 is backordered so I got the Dickins and Teal brick promos with a set that costs £29.99. If I cancel the ECTO-1 they will charge me £20.99 for the Dickins promo.

5 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

May the deals not be with you

I know we got a few things like posters and meh figs, so they can't say there was nothing. But I still feel like they really dropped the ball on that one. Last time they trick me into buying a day 1 most expensive set ever. *Proceeds to click "place order" on UCS Republic Gunship release date*

Edited by RightDwigt
Can't spell

4 hours ago, CsabaLazlo said:

They put a cash value on it in case people cancel orders before they've been fully fulfilled. For example, I bought the ECTO-1 and War Buster. ECTO-1 is backordered so I got the Dickins and Teal brick promos with a set that costs £29.99. If I cancel the ECTO-1 they will charge me £20.99 for the Dickins promo.

has this actually happened to you...getting charged the GWP RRP following a cancellation?

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

has this actually happened to you...getting charged the GWP RRP following a cancellation?

In store i was told once I would have to pay the list price on a GWP if i did the return. They said I could keep it if i did an exchange for another item.  This was my plan anyways so i just made an exchange and kept the GWP

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'll find out in a few days.  One of the larger items an order was just cancelled because it is sold out (in stock at time of order), which brings my order below the $150 mark.  The GWP and everything else in the order has shipped though.

1 minute ago, Bricks Eh said:

In store i was told once I would have to pay the list price on a GWP if i did the return. They said I could keep it if i did an exchange for another item.  This was my plan anyways so i just made an exchange and kept the GWP

thanks.  Wondering is it's the same for LEGO Shop at Home...if the GWP has already been shipped then there's the issue of..."can I ship back the GWP instead of paying for it?"...the cost of shipping will likely outweigh LEGO's costs.

premise is that when ordering, the unit was instock but later told OOS...therefore LEGO's fault for me cancelling since will not arrive by Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, keith1833 said:

I'll find out in a few days.  One of the larger items an order was just cancelled because it is sold out (in stock at time of order), which brings my order below the $150 mark.  The GWP and everything else in the order has shipped though.

You'll be fine. They don't enforce anything if they pull the trigger from their end. It's only sometimes enforced on customer returns. 

I've made purchases online then went to the local store after receiving the stock delay emails. After purchasing in store I called and cancled the duplicate. Got to keep both sets of GWP from both the local store and the online order.

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1

Sooo... looks like 50% off wallpapers, MAYBE 50% off $5 VIP vouchers, and a couple sets 15-20% off...

Where is this Book of Monsters...???? Got one from B&N but was hoping to get more from LEGO Shop at Home

So, basically, $10 in vouchers for $5 worth of points? If so, I’m in. I wonder if there’s a limit to the number of vouchers you can use on an online order, I’d like to pick up something next week, and was going to use points anyway....

Just now, Alpinemaps said:

So, basically, $10 in vouchers for $5 worth of points? If so, I’m in. I wonder if there’s a limit to the number of vouchers you can use on an online order, I’d like to pick up something next week, and was going to use points anyway....

I think it’s more like $5 in vouchers for $2.50 worth of points.... and usually they limit things in there so my guess, limit 1-2

1 hour ago, Bricks Eh said:

I think it’s more like $5 in vouchers for $2.50 worth of points.... and usually they limit things in there so my guess, limit 1-2

Correct, it's limited to 1 per person. 

The whole VIP rewards thing has been a joke. Though to be fair, it always has been in NZ/AU.
US/EU tend to get a much better selection - hopefully you get some better VIP deals when they go live!