Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

5 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

is all 20 off, no daily deals which was expected,   Biggest 4 sets are vestas, T1, Tantive, Droid Commander

after that Shanghai, Flinstones, Steamboat

which leaves the usual random brickheadz, some seasonals,   random small / medium sets, crappy selling themes (hidden side) and hardlines stuff.

just no reason for them to do much this year though.  Raised the GWP thresholds to 150 and still sold out in 2-3 hours at most stores and still sold tons without them.   If you do want a big set though I'd get it this weekend.  Just don't see much being left after BF/CM if they do as much as the did this weekend.

looks like all the holiday stuff is pretty much gone for the year,  at LL as well.   Which blows.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if the Dickens promo will be restricted on sale items? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

Probably not far off from the truth. All those lame rewards you can redeem for less points. Would be nice if our points went further for the $ rewards

Honestly, what they should have done is hold off on randomly dumping all the cool GWP items into LEGO Shop at Home and put them into the VIP rewards center on BF... that would have been cool.. (i.e. Avengers tower and 40th train)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bricks Eh said:

someone said that Dickens will not be included with sale items... is this true?? can’t find that written anywhere? (maybe it was referring to the “sale” items in the rewards center??)

Always feels weird quoting myself... 

So, to answer my own question, the T&C is listed in the BF lego email from  this morning:

Free Exclusive LEGO® Charles Dickens Tribute (40410) with purchases of $150 or more....Offer is only valid on purchases totaling $150 or more. .... Offer is not valid toward sale items, prior purchases or gift cards.

Glad i stocked up on them during VIP weekend!!

Edited by Bricks Eh

5 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

So, to answer my own question, the T&C is listed in the BF lego email from  this morning:

Free Exclusive LEGO® Charles Dickens Tribute (40410) with purchases of $150 or more....Offer is only valid on purchases totaling $150 or more. .... Offer is not valid toward sale items, prior purchases or gift cards.

Apparently the Lego VIP refractory period is 6 days... because their dickens will be ready to go a second round

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bricks Eh said:

Not valid on sale items. It's a bit stingy if that's true. 

6 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Not valid on sale items. It's a bit stingy if that's true. 

2 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

It’s in the T&C so must be true... we will find out at midnight when we add sale items to our cart and see if a dickens pops up... oh boy...

I think it was in the T&C for VIP weekend too. I added a bunch of Ludo games (30% off) to my cart and saw all the promos show up. Of course, if they filter out the promos after placing an order during Order Processing/Verification, that could have affected the final result, but I don't know as I didn't purchase.

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I think it was in the T&C for VIP weekend too. I added a bunch of Ludo games (30% off) to my cart and saw all the promos show up. Of course, if they filter out the promos after placing an order during Order Processing/Verification, that could have affected the final result, but I don't know as I didn't purchase.

I didn’t see it in the T&C from VIP weekend which is why i questioned it.... but it’s in there now... but honestly, just because it’s there doesn’t mean it will be enforced... after all, the site only allowed each of us to get one Dickens right?? wink wink

2 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Do you see Lego doing that though? People waiting for the discounts at black Friday who don't nornally shop there would be rather disappointed if Dickens isn't applied. 

5 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Do you see Lego doing that though? People waiting for the discounts at black Friday who don't nornally shop there would be rather disappointed if Dickens isn't applied. 

Well... ppl like that probably will not be sitting at their computers at midnight... they will log in the next morning... and by then all the sale items will be sold out... so i don’t even think they would notice hahaha

15 minutes ago, Bricks Eh said:

I didn’t see it in the T&C from VIP weekend which is why i questioned it.... but it’s in there now... but honestly, just because it’s there doesn’t mean it will be enforced... after all, the site only allowed each of us to get one Dickens right?? wink wink

How many Dickens did you get? 

18 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

LEGO stores aren't going to not give you the GWP if you spend $150,  most don't even know if says that and even if it was not adding it they would give it to you.  That would be a nightmare no one has time for during the holidays.

Do you think online will implement it or would it more trouble than its worth? 

14 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

LEGO stores aren't going to not give you the GWP if you spend $150,  most don't even know if says that and even if it was not adding it they would give it to you.  That would be a nightmare no one has time for during the holidays.

Lego stores are usually quite easy with the GWP  but they won't give you one for every 150 you spend. If you make a large order at most they have given me two. Maybe better luck with a disguise kit...