Predictions for the upcoming Lego Black Friday Event

The Black Friday promos have been leaked for Italy which I'm guessing will be the same over here.

Tree house - 20 percent off

Chinese new year  - 30 percent off ( Annoyed at that)

Gingerbread house - 30 percent off (Surprised at that)

Death Star - 20 percent off (No one cares about that)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, raulaco said:

The Black Friday promos have been leaked for Italy which I'm guessing will be the same over here.

They usually have different deals each day... this sound like one days worth of deals... right??

16 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Tree House also not on the retirement list anymore...

8 minutes ago, Thanos75 said:

I like the discount on the Chinese sets.

Last year dragon boat was 30% off too. I just found retrieved some 80101s today from storage. Those are really nice sets.

4 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Tree House also not on the retirement list anymore...

I think everyone is spooked by saturn and ship in a bottle coming back. 

18 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Just got some Chinese ny this weekend. But it’s out of stock unless they holding back some

3 minutes ago, coelian said:

Last year dragon boat was 30% off too. I just found retrieved some 80101s today from storage. Those are really nice sets.

I think everyone is spooked by saturn and ship in a bottle coming back. 

Imagine if the tree house does go hmm. Dragon Boat is a nice set but a complete dud for a retiring set, will the others follow suit. Personally I have only bought the Chinese New year for personal build as it looks fantastic.

1 minute ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Just got some Chinese ny this weekend. But it’s out of stock unless they holding back some

There holding it back I reckon, same with tree house which for some reason says backordered until Feb 3rd.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Illusion of plentitude? Knight Bus and more importantly Quidditch Match on a custom palletized display unit straight from LEGO. QM seal code is 41R0, so these are minty fresh. The ones on the regular shelf were 28R0 and 36R0, so pretty new too. Is this a final batch, or is LEGO actively printing these still and is retirement hence just an illusion?

20201122_105450.thumb.jpg.d07861070d21ec60051bee57db98276e.jpg

uh oh. i just backed up the truck on quidditch...

where was this? Target?

8 minutes ago, Lukish said:

Why would they hold any back for sales?

Surely it would make more business sense to sell them full price this weekebd if they have them?

They could just have a set amount that they are willing to sell on black friday which has already been planned. They need to keep some sets in stock to give out on black friday or they will just take part with complete duds at this rate. Tree house, gingerbread house, Chinese market are all sets that can't be ordered right now so I'm inclined to believe there being held back for the event. Gingerbread house and Chinese Market went nearly instantly the other day.

Another thing to think about is that this also stops returns on items. Would you return an item that you just bought for retail and could be had at 30 percent off in a week. I know you get the promo etc but you may still get that promo in a week.

9 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

uh oh. i just backed up the truck on quidditch...

where was this? Target?

Wait the Uk seems to have stopped production on a few harry potter sets but IF say quidditch gets extended in america then the uk will follow suit right.

I keep thinking about the guy who came and said that no harry potter sets will be retiring and all will be extended, the lego group do seem to be going all out on lego sets atm. So many new releases and not too many retirements and so much work for them this christmas, will it all be too much for lego.

Edited by raulaco

53 minutes ago, raulaco said:

i think this is wrong.  but i'm probably wrong.

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

In the past , these sets didn't pop back in stock on BF , no reason to expect otherwise this year, but we shall see i suppose. 

id tend to agree. but ive been closely following treehouse on amazon and there was 999+ and then there were zero all of a sudden. so its almost for sure that its being held back for something and i suspect lego is might be following suit..

28 minutes ago, Lukish said:

Why would they hold any back for sales?

Surely it would make more business sense to sell them full price this weekend if they have them?

From a reliable source for USA: LEGO is trying to spread sales between this weekend and next so as to avoid packing stores.  Also, don't expect daily deals like last year.  Guess time will tell if this is accurate.

Besides, the way LEGO has been selling as of late, why would LEGO need to have a sale?

1 hour ago, raulaco said:

ok, so treehouse is back ordered until feb, so if i order now they ship me it in feb, but they are going to release some for black friday at discount, & the people who buy black friday deals will receive them months before me?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

hey @ravenb99 any news on if there will be daily deals ?  any chance any of the lego city space sets will be on sale with lego so I can get with points or promo's ?  there 40 percent off most everywhere else but I would enjoy 50 % off at lego with points lol

Doubtful. If they are, they would be around for about 10 minutes.