Star Wars 2021

brickvoyeur

8 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

There are no words to describe how happy this would make me. Hera was my favorite Rebels character.

for sure one of the really great well developed characters ...it's great when a character becomes so "real" that you forget she is a made up alien race...being Twi'lek is only the 5th or 6th of her many traits I would say that describes her.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-gina-carano-cara-dune-hera-syndulla-replacement-rangers-of-the-new-republic

grab every freakin Rebels Series set you can get hands on!

...the current absurd CV prices are only the floor!

If she brings the Ghost with her (and you know LucasFilms has the model handy), then it only means remake 

12 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If she brings the Ghost with her (and you know LucasFilms has the model handy), then it only means remake 

75053 (Ghost) is a special set but somewhat dated.  I would be down for a remake (assuming it would be an improvement...not guaranteed)...will be worth it to get Hera and her son Minifigures...Animation relationships are typically lame and pretty awkward...but her and Kanan felt pretty spot on how it was presented throughout Rebels.  Their presumptive child co-piloting the Ghost was a a bit of a heart felt scene.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

75053 (Ghost) is a special set but somewhat dated.  I would be down for a remake (assuming it would be an improvement...not guaranteed)...will be worth it to get Hera and her son Minifigures...Animation relationships are typically lame and pretty awkward...but her and Kanan felt pretty spot on how it was presented throughout Rebels.  Their presumptive child co-piloting the Ghost was a a bit of a heart felt scene.

Remake means 75053 is not going to appreciate as much as you'd hope for or worse, set a lower ceiling for 75053 

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Remake means 75053 is not going to appreciate as much as you'd hope for or worse, set a lower ceiling for 75053 

I only have 1 (NISB) so its a personal collection piece for me...I may feel different I was sitting on a bunch.  Would love a UCS Ghost which includes a docked Phantom (I'm thinking it would need to be $400-$600 to be done right)...bringing back the playset version would be nice so long as it was an improvement (landing gear would be nice)

37 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I only have 1 (NISB) so its a personal collection piece for me...I may feel different I was sitting on a bunch.  Would love a UCS Ghost which includes a docked Phantom (I'm thinking it would need to be $400-$600 to be done right)...bringing back the playset version would be nice so long as it was an improvement (landing gear would be nice)

This:

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

was the explanation to my earlier response to:

17 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

https://thedirect.com/article/star-wars-gina-carano-cara-dune-hera-syndulla-replacement-rangers-of-the-new-republic

grab every freakin Rebels Series set you can get hands on!

...the current absurd CV prices are only the floor!

Everything else being equal, UCS Ghost would be cool.  However, I do not think Ghost is as popular as any of the OG vehicles to warrant a UCS (yet?).
An improved 75053 / remake is more likely.  Probably they should ignore the Phantom as attachment unless they can figure out a way to make it smaller or in scale with Ghost   

• Like 1

If they did a UCS version of the Ghost i'd pay crazy amounts for it.  Rebels was my favorite Star Wars offshoot by far and if the UCS ghost was like 2/3 the size of the UCS falcon with an interior...mind blown.  Hera was an awesome character but I think Sabine was my favorite.  She was just a badass!!!

Maybe my favorite Lego set is Capt Rex AT-TE - for me it incorporate the fun of lego with the greatness of Star Wars Rebels. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, S4J said:

If they did a UCS version of the Ghost i'd pay crazy amounts for it.  Rebels was my favorite Star Wars offshoot by far and if the UCS ghost was like 2/3 the size of the UCS falcon with an interior...mind blown.  Hera was an awesome character but I think Sabine was my favorite.  She was just a badass!!!

Maybe my favorite Lego set is Capt Rex AT-TE - for me it incorporate the fun of lego with the greatness of Star Wars Rebels. 

every main character of Rebels could probably carry their own series...the character development was top notch in Rebels: They took the stereo-typical: Brains, Muscle, Big Guns, Pilot, "New Guy" roles and made them endearing in their own right.  I hope something similar is done for Bad Batch.

I loved CapRex At-TE too when I first saw it...it was a mind blown-ish set..had everything!  I kick myself for not acting on my instinct when they were on shelves (3rd party brick sellers) as low as $100 just a year and half ago...now the prices have caught up to the regular Clone Wars AT-TEs: $350+

W/ all the buzz from Mandolorian and upcoming new series..I think Rebels is going to have a similar renewed Renaissance as Clone Wars...in terms of popularity. Grand Admiral Thrawn is a really cool bad guy...his character will be thrown into mainstream soon and may become one of SW top villians of all time (just had a great Idea for Halloween costume..but folks may think I was from Blueman Group)

6 hours ago, S4J said:

I think Sabine was my favorite.  She was just a badass!!!

My only complaint about the character was the whole darksaber thing.  She found it, trained with it, only to give it away to Bo Katan.  WTF :P

16 minutes ago, coelian said:

Shoulda bought the new phantoms when it was clearanced, the thrawn minifig basically carries the value of the whole set. 

Check out the price of the original Phantom ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Check out the price of the original Phantom ;)

Just did a quick look on eBay and I think prices are similar, in that case the new phantom has a better cagr.

I can't remember if I have an extra of the old phantom somewhere, it's in my personal not to be sold and to be built someday stash. 

I just sold a new in box Thrawn phantom, and a used Ghost with both phantoms no figs...And I was somewhat disappointed in the prices of both.  I expected them to sell for more on eBay.  The Phantom went for $76 plus shipping (my S+H is reasonable) and the used Ghost Phantom Lot went for $240.  Don't get me wrong they were huge returns but I expected a bit more.  I'm thinking the Rebels valuation pop might be baked in already.

9 minutes ago, S4J said:

I just sold a new in box Thrawn phantom, and a used Ghost with both phantoms no figs...And I was somewhat disappointed in the prices of both.  I expected them to sell for more on eBay.  The Phantom went for $76 plus shipping (my S+H is reasonable) and the used Ghost Phantom Lot went for $240.  Don't get me wrong they were huge returns but I expected a bit more.  I'm thinking the Rebels valuation pop might be baked in already.

Maybe the timing is not right yet, only the hardcore fans know that perhaps Hera will replace Cara Dune in a live action series.  Rebels final episode was shown in 2018. That's a long time ago for a toy to be relevant when the brand has so much product to pick from.

14 minutes ago, S4J said:

The Thrawn Phantom prices only increased since the Covid bump.  They were still languishing on Amazon at $50'ish until close to Summer 2020.

• Like 1

On Separate Topic any one think they will recreate the UCS 10175 Vader's Tie Advanced set?  This and the UCS TIE interceptor look so outdated in comparison to the other UCS sets which have been redone.  I'm just curious of people's thoughts on the matter.

3 hours ago, S4J said:

On Separate Topic any one think they will recreate the UCS 10175 Vader's Tie Advanced set?  This and the UCS TIE interceptor look so outdated in comparison to the other UCS sets which have been redone.  I'm just curious of people's thoughts on the matter.

No

11 hours ago, S4J said:

IMO it's too early...Thrawn is setting up to be next big mainstream villian in the SW uni. And he would be an awesome one...unique look (being blue), possibly the most instinctually superior since Palpitine with a similar demeanor like Hannibal Lector. He's also a great fighter in his own right. I also think fans will appreciate him not being force sensitive and not really caring about it. A nice change. And no one knows about him...yet.  When he blows up the Phantom set is the ONLY MF of Thrawn.

Also lots of buzz about characters from Rebels hitting Mando and Ahsoka series...but again no one knows about them...YET

The Ghost is the next MILF

I sold my used one (w phantom) for $350 in the middle of SIP...I saw your price and I would say I notice pricing on used LEGO being soft since Christmas. Not a surprise we are FINALLY seeing discounts at retailers again.

4 hours ago, S4J said:

please no...LEGO needs to stop re-making the same ships...too many other great ships to consider.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Thrawn is a bad ass and would make an Awesome real action villain.  No your making me feel bad for selling the set.  For what its worth I kept all of the minifigs from Rebels.  For whatever reason I love the Zeb minifig.

I agree about Lego doing the same ships over and over especially the non-UCS ships.  There must be several dozen versions of the x-wing, tie fighter and imperial shuttle.  I just feel like those two early UCS TIE ships look so out of place.  And no ship of Vader's should look outdated 😝.  I'm pretty pumped for the UCS AT-AT and Gunship.  Has anyone heard what UCS set will be released for May 4th?