Star Wars 2021

brickvoyeur

5 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Micro scale:

- Krayt dragon battle (Mandalorian).

- Jedi Temple w/ Coruscant skyline.

- Cloud City could be cool, as long as it doesn't look like a spinning top on a white base.

so far these microscales have been iconic scenes from original trilogy...so Dagobah & Bespin are the likely ones on deck 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Bad Batch Shuttle. Looks like all 5 main characters included in one set, which is certainly an oddity for Lego usually piecing them out to maximize sales. They may be preparing in case the show flops, or they may treat it like Clone Wars S7 and not give it much love. 

image.png.831ec0ee9f67e7d0007e8e8694ed5963.png

Absolutely great looking set, with all the main characters (could've been broken into 3 sets really, after throwing in a few bads).

• Like 1

I'm pretty excited about this set.  CW S7 was great.  I hope it is available on May 4th, I was not really enthused about anything available right now.

I know it's a selling technique of splitting up the figures and I'm glad they did not but I assumed we would get a few in a troop builder set with a speeder bike and a few with a ship.  I'm glad they did not.  I don't own a single Knights of Ren because of how they were split up.  I figured 1x Kylo Shuttle was more an enough already.

3 hours ago, cardensb said:

I'm pretty excited about this set.  CW S7 was great.  I hope it is available on May 4th, I was not really enthused about anything available right now.

I know it's a selling technique of splitting up the figures and I'm glad they did not but I assumed we would get a few in a troop builder set with a speeder bike and a few with a ship.  I'm glad they did not.  I don't own a single Knights of Ren because of how they were split up.  I figured 1x Kylo Shuttle was more an enough already.

I agree...what a flop KNights of F'in Ren...no way LEGO could have known so much would end up on the editing floor. Kylo's ship stands alone well no matter what..that silhouette is just MONEY and will age really well despite the movies 

THIS on the other hand... LEGO once again don;t seem to have a clue on what will do well.  This show basically takes the best bits form Clone Wars with a super charged plot line (after THE Order)...the characters are already loved...Hasbro figures are already sold out on preorders.  If the show is half-way decent...it will leave Mandalorian in the rear view.

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

This guy has to be one of the most connected Lego resellers I have seen.  He is even guaranteeing a perfect box while minimizing secondary market value.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384109424550?hash=item596eb4afa6:g:7~oAAOSw3KFggP89

he definitely either works at a LEGO BM store or knows someone who does.  ONly practical way he could pick and choose mint boxes

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

This guy has to be one of the most connected Lego resellers I have seen.  He is even guaranteeing a perfect box while minimizing secondary market value.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/384109424550?hash=item596eb4afa6:g:7~oAAOSw3KFggP89

I have seen many eBay stores but this is the first that specialized in only BBQ rubs and LEGO

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

THIS on the other hand... LEGO once again don;t seem to have a clue on what will do well.  This show basically takes the best bits form Clone Wars with a super charged plot line (after THE Order)...the characters are already loved...Hasbro figures are already sold out on preorders.  If the show is half-way decent...it will leave Mandalorian in the rear view.

I wonder how much say Disney / Lucasfilm had on how many sets LEGO can create for a series. The toy manufacturers tend to have more insights to what is selling.  I am not convinced LEGO was the one responsible for the decision to produce just 1 set.  This set could easily be split to $15, $30, and $60 sets with a few baddies added.  Also, it is a little odd to have a single $80-$90(?) set for a show aimed at kids and teens. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I wonder how much say Disney / Lucasfilm had on how many sets LEGO can create for a series. The toy manufacturers tend to have more insights to what is selling.  I am not convinced LEGO was the one responsible for the decision to produce just 1 set.  This set could easily be split to $15, $30, and $60 sets with a few baddies added.  Also, it is a little odd to have a single $80-$90(?) set for a show aimed at kids and teens. 

it's consistent with LEGO being slow to capitalize on mando popularity

Yes, I would love to see the production details of these license agreements...wonder how much is standard and how much is specific to certain licenses.

2 minutes ago, melting said:

Price has gone down quite a bit since this was first posted.

Probably because his store got their shipment in because his amount available went up to 25 not including sold sets. If you look at his sold listings on previous GWP he has multiple listings including lots of 5 and 10. 

Just to clarify I am not complaining, well maybe on the price suppression, but more of admiration for his sourcing. 

• Like 1