Star Wars 2021

brickvoyeur

2 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Ho hum, another X-Wing. On the flip side, I do like the Leia figure though. Is that a new bottom half figure piece?

Same Leia as 75244 Tantive IV.  So this would be a cheaper way to get this figure.  That makes Captain Antilles the only unique figure in the Tantive IV.

https://brickset.com/minifigs/sw1036/princess-leia-(white-dress-detailed-belt-skirt-part)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Same Leia as 75244 Tantive IV.  So this would be a cheaper way to get this figure.  That makes Captain Antilles the only unique figure in the Tantive IV.

https://brickset.com/minifigs/sw1036/princess-leia-(white-dress-detailed-belt-skirt-part)

Oops, I forgot about Bail Organa.  Bail Organa is the only brand new and unique minifigure which is found in 75244.  The Captain Antilles in 75244 is also unique but is also a remake from 10198.

• Thanks 1

The small scale ships leave me conflicted. Not sure if they help or hurt the prices of 75211 and 75218.

On one hand, for being smaller they don't look bad. On the other hand they are out of scale with pretty much everything made before them.

image.thumb.png.ad5942b13c6307584613da46f2c48d0f.png

I guess it all depends on what comes after this. Do we continue down the line of smaller ships making them the new standard? Or do they prove to be unpopular enough to swing back to system scale? 

Juniors Resistance X-Wing and mini scale Imperial Shuttle still to be revealed

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

The small scale ships leave me conflicted. Not sure if they help or hurt the prices of 75211 and 75218.

On one hand, for being smaller they don't look bad. On the other hand they are out of scale with pretty much everything made before them.

image.thumb.png.ad5942b13c6307584613da46f2c48d0f.png

I guess it all depends on what comes after this. Do we continue down the line of smaller ships making them the new standard? Or do they prove to be unpopular enough to swing back to system scale? 

Juniors Resistance X-Wing and mini scale Imperial Shuttle still to be revealed

They are reaching the size level of being "cute".

Do we really want our standard Star Wars ships looking cute?

Edited by KShine

32 minutes ago, KShine said:

They are reaching the size level of being "cute".

Do we really want our standard Star Wars ships looking cute?

cute sells..

I like the size.  To me these are more "swooshable" and can save on space to combined to make a playable scene or display. My concern is how much these will get hoarded.

1 hour ago, starwarsxpress said:

all the sets for Star Wars, city, friends and Ninjago released for 2021 are smaller.  it seems like all the $80-$150 sets have disappeared from releasing at least this time

I’m thinking this might have to do with an expected down turn in sales amongst the ages 7-14 demographic. My kids “like” LEGO but rather play video games most of the time. I’m sure a lot of reasons for going smaller. LEGO  has also been putting a lot of effort into AFOLs sets this year.  Clearly that’s an important market to them now. 

Edited by Mathew

2 minutes ago, Mathew said:

I’m thinking this might have to do with an expected down turn in sales amongst the ages 7-14 demographic. LEGO has been putting a lot of effort into AFOLs this year.  

Wouldn't be surprising. It's no surprise if fewer kids are buying 'standard' sets like x-wings, since the prices are getting so much higher than they used to be. Even adjusted for inflation the most recent x-wing cost 50% more than 6212 (at least in the UK), when it serves the same purpose. Worrying about advanced techniques and price-to-part ratios is the preserve of AFOL nerds like us - kids just want the damn toy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mathew said:

I like the smaller tie fighter. But this is a cost cutting measure to meet a certain price point with consumers who find LEGO (especially Star Wars) too expensive. 

this ..... they are cost cutting all of the new friends city Ninjago and Star Wars

you can buy a $200 + set or a $50 or less set

the new sets are cute but small

• 2 weeks later...

Brother's Brick did a review of the new X-Wing and TIE Fighter

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/12/03/lego-star-wars-75301-luke-skywalkers-x-wing-fighter-75300-imperial-tie-fighter-review/

image.thumb.png.6fc0a7a18542403a482b18fcb6c8cb4a.png

image.thumb.png.c204ac25f5c2f5382f92a3aa1bf635f0.png

The new wing opening system on the X-Wing is clearly superior... but the ships are certainly not as good as the 2018 models. The X-Wing is quite unfinished on the underside, while the TIE is quite tiny. 

Either way, these always do well on the aftermarket so I'm certainly not going to hesistate when the clearance prices come. 

3 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Brother's Brick did a review of the new X-Wing and TIE Fighter

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/12/03/lego-star-wars-75301-luke-skywalkers-x-wing-fighter-75300-imperial-tie-fighter-review/

image.thumb.png.6fc0a7a18542403a482b18fcb6c8cb4a.png

image.thumb.png.c204ac25f5c2f5382f92a3aa1bf635f0.png

The new wing opening system on the X-Wing is clearly superior... but the ships are certainly not as good as the 2018 models. The X-Wing is quite unfinished on the underside, while the TIE is quite tiny. 

Either way, these always do well on the aftermarket so I'm certainly not going to hesistate when the clearance prices come. 

I owned, built, and then sold the last X-Wing set which I thought was a really great piece of Lego design.  It also had a printed windshield piece for the framing which was well done.  

I just sold the last UCS X-wing on Ebay; the thing that bothered me with that was always the sticker solution for the windshield, which had no business being on a UCS set! 

Honestly, these X-wings above look worse than the last one, and I don't like the TIE fighters at all!  Well, the bigger one is better than the smaller one. 

I realize there is only so much stuff to make Lego sets of in the world of Star Wars, but I wish they would make more "new" stuff and not do so much re-popping of the same stuff over and over and over. 

Of course, a new batch of 10 year olds shows up every year!  So these repeated sets are always new to a group of kids.  

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lobot said:

First decent image of 75302 - courtesy of Instagram:

75302.jpg

I thought the previous version 75094 would have performed alot better than it has (RRP £80). Was available for half price from tesco £40, but think there was lots of stock, as was stuck at £100 for ages. Just checked current Ebay price and looks like lowest BIN is £150 shipped.

6 minutes ago, Voltron said:

I thought the previous version 75094 would have performed alot better than it has (RRP £80). Was available for half price from tesco £40, but think there was lots of stock, as was stuck at £100 for ages. Just checked current Ebay price and looks like lowest BIN is £150 shipped.

Those were different times, when almost every non-D2C set was 50% off at some point, and available in massive quantities, but forfty million people suddenly decided that they wanted to be investors. 

27 minutes ago, Voltron said:

The UCS Imperial Shuttle set the bar too high. It’s also more of a AFOL type ship and not as appealing to kids.