Star Wars 2021

brickvoyeur

59 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

New pictures (at least to me)

I regret not selling my imperial shuttles sooner. Not sure what the piece count is in the new one.

https://jediinsider.com/8-22841

The piece count is smaller, 660 pieces. For that reason alone, it won't replace the 2015 model, imo. It looks okay on digital boxart but in-person the scale is definitely reduced (most obvious if you look at the lower wings).

46 minutes ago, raindroplet said:

The piece count is smaller, 660 pieces. For that reason alone, it won't replace the 2015 model, imo. It looks okay on digital boxart but in-person the scale is definitely reduced (most obvious if you look at the lower wings).

also different minfigures...the older one has Endor Leia and Solo...the new one has another Luke and Vader.

the stark differences was why I bought the 2015 model for $150 yesterday...LEGO won't be releasing another Imperial Shuttle for at least 2 to 4 years (unless the UCS happens).  

On 1/13/2021 at 10:57 AM, brickvoyeur said:

Looks like more salt needed. Crait didn't have enough.

The new "fake" list crusing the web:

75307 Advent Calendar $39.99
75308 UCS R2-DS $199.99
75309 UCS Republic Gunship $349.99
75310 Mandalore Throne & Vault $19.99
75311 Imperial Troop Transport $39.99
75312 Slave I $49.99
75313 UCS AT-AT $799.99
75314 Bad Batch Shuttle $99.99
75315 Moff Gideon's Light Cruiser $159.99
75316 Mandalorian Fighter $59.99

I find the first to be more realistic.. but both are worth about the same amount until we start to see pictures. 

I could see swapping the ISD for the Light cruiser. I think a small Slave I is a crappy move right now since there is nothing to push it until December... but I can't even remember the V-19 in any S7 clone wars episodes so I don't think it's realistic. 

I'll take a giant AT-AT over another Death Star... but with an AT-AT on the shelf I doubt it's the case. 

I’d love the Gideon cruiser. But I’m preparing myself for another play scale ISD. Why make something new? 
Seems like Cruiser would be a slam dunk with Gideon, darksaber, Bo-Katan, etc. (all the stars from Mando). They are so far behind on cashing in on that show. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, t_mafia said:

I’d love the Gideon cruiser. But I’m preparing myself for another play scale ISD. Why make something new? 
Seems like Cruiser would be a slam dunk with Gideon, darksaber, Bo-Katan, etc. (all the stars from Mando). They are so far behind on cashing in on that show. 

I agree. I saw somewhere a LG designer said that it generally takes 1.5 years for a set to go from concept to production. And as someone pointed out to me, Disney keeps their Star Wars IP cards very close to their chest, especially with the Mandalorian. This makes it tough for TLG to produce sets in a timely manner to coincide with The Mandalorian (you can see this in the trouble on Tatooine set, TLG clearly didn't know the context of the content, and you often see it with other content as well with puzzling minifig selections, ships that are the wrong color, etc).

I hope that as the show ages they will go back and revisit some of the more iconic material from the earlier seasons. This is less of an issue with the movies as they are released and remain current for a year or two as the most recent content, so new sets can come out during this lifespan and TLG can get it right. 

• 2 weeks later...

Overall, it seems like its going to be a slow year, with only about a dozen sets revealed so far covering all scales and classes.  Still waiting for things to go back in stock on the official store.

I was hoping the Shuttle would be on par with the Red 5 but those sneak peek pictures show it is closer in scale to the 4yr old and up items.

1 minute ago, cardensb said:

Overall, it seems like its going to be a slow year, with only about a dozen sets revealed so far covering all scales and classes.  Still waiting for things to go back in stock on the official store.

I was hoping the Shuttle would be on par with the Red 5 but those sneak peek pictures show it is closer in scale to the 4yr old and up items.

yeah, 2021 LEGO SW seems to be about low-end sets and high-end sets, with little in-between...of course if the UCS AT-AT happens (along w/ UCS Gunship); that's news enough for the whole year.

11 minutes ago, cardensb said:

I don't see another AT-AT within the next few years, the one from last year is still sitting on store shelves. I'm hoping for an AT-ST.

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.stonewars.de/&prev=search

There's already an UCS AT-ST...looks nice; no need for another one

An UCS AT-AT is solely missed in the UCS line and has been speculated in the above Stonewars linked article as the $799.99 SW set.

While we're at it, the Bad Batch shuttle for $99.99 seems to be a winner...really stoked for the forthcoming animated series...concept-wise it's an awesome way to tell the timeline story just following Order 66.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Not sure, but a pretty sure thing for the Obi-Wan Series.

10 minutes ago, thegraverobber said:

How so? Obi-Wan won't have that ship.

If I were writing that Obi-Wan series I would spend the whole 1st season following him travel all across Tatooine to get parts to build a starship. 

This was why he went straight to Mos Eisley with Luke to get a pilot instead. :P

2 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

If I were writing that Obi-Wan series I would spend the whole 1st season following him travel all across Tatooine to get parts to build a starship. 

This was why he went straight to Mos Eisley with Luke to get a pilot instead. :P

based on the preview...multiple scenes of Obi wandering the desert...reminds me of Harry Potter Ep 6 (Deathly Hollows part-One...otherwise known as the 3 hour long movie of the trio "running and camping"

So what is everyone looking forward to in 2021?  Last year I spent my quarantine building the $800 falcon kit (75192) for several days and was waiting to buy the new cantina (75290).

Personally, I'm hoping the cantina is back in stock this year. 

I am also a big fan of the advent calendars.

Based off leaks, I'm looking forward to seeing Moff Gideon's Cruiser and the Imperial Troop Transports. With Cara Dune's actress being canned, I can't wait to see who is subbed into the sets assuming Disney wont allow her to be continued.  Buying that Mando AT-ST might actually pay off big time with that possibly being her only figure.

I'm also pretty enthused with the Bad Batch shuttle.  Admittedly, I don't really recall a shuttle, I know they moved around in something but I think the big selling point will be getting the whole team in one set unlike if you wanted the Knights of Ren and had to buy every terrible set out there.

A new Slave I after getting something like three in what seems like the same number of years... I assume it will be the new wonky scale that the latest TIE, X-wing and imp shuttle are scaled in.

1 hour ago, cardensb said:

So what is everyone looking forward to in 2021?  Last year I spent my quarantine building the $800 falcon kit (75192) for several days and was waiting to buy the new cantina (75290).

Personally, I'm hoping the cantina is back in stock this year. 

I am also a big fan of the advent calendars.

Based off leaks, I'm looking forward to seeing Moff Gideon's Cruiser and the Imperial Troop Transports. With Cara Dune's actress being canned, I can't wait to see who is subbed into the sets assuming Disney wont allow her to be continued.  Buying that Mando AT-ST might actually pay off big time with that possibly being her only figure.

I'm also pretty enthused with the Bad Batch shuttle.  Admittedly, I don't really recall a shuttle, I know they moved around in something but I think the big selling point will be getting the whole team in one set unlike if you wanted the Knights of Ren and had to buy every terrible set out there.

A new Slave I after getting something like three in what seems like the same number of years... I assume it will be the new wonky scale that the latest TIE, X-wing and imp shuttle are scaled in.

UCS AT-AT...but need to accrue mad VIP pts to make $800 more palatable...but a no doubt (stay up) Minute 1 purchase for me (if true).

My assumption is that these are not aimed at the adult collector, we have nice tauntauns and really big AT-ATs to play with already.

23 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I'm hoping to get it from the Lego store for those VIP points.  Maybe May 4th?

9 hours ago, cardensb said:

My assumption is that these are not aimed at the adult collector, we have nice tauntauns and really big AT-ATs to play with already.

I'm curious if the Luke minifigure will have the Assault on Hoth head.  Otherwise, I really don't get this microfighter set.  Didn't get it when it was announced and now that I see, I really don't get it.

4 hours ago, exracer327 said:

I'm curious if the Luke minifigure will have the Assault on Hoth head.  Otherwise, I really don't get this microfighter set.  Didn't get it when it was announced and now that I see, I really don't get it.

I think we're all taking too much of a literal view of this! My kids were playing Poe's X Wing vs Mighty Dinosaur yesterday with an assist from friends Mia on her tractor. If the sets look fun I think they will appeal to kids. FYI Mighty Dinosaur won in the end...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1