42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

50 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Finance have quite simply done the maths and stepped in and made the decision.  To ask retailers who have made orders in good faith to not sell the goods and request them to destroy or return them, as well as compensate them for loss sales, since retailers have made orders in good faith, just didn't add up.  Sure there will be some noise, but damage is already done given the news article and its not as if they havent bowed to pressure.  Someone in marketing or risk department is probably clearing their desk out as we speak.  They dropped ball on this one.  There will be lots of these in shops in a few weeks.  Those who have them now and selling them.  Good luck to them, since risk of buyer's remorse for purchasing something that isn't as rare as they thought, will be high!

Some sources said that lego was not recalling those already sent out, retailers are free to sell them but it won't be restocked. So whatever you can lay your hands on, that's it. 

3 minutes ago, Voltron said:

I phoned up John lewis as a chance, but they said all sold out online and very unlikely to get anymore online, some might find there way to stores but very unlikely, seeing as lots of John lewis stores still shut.

Just curious, what's the RRP in the UK? I ordered a bunch at 140CHF but am not sure if they will be fulfilled.

1 minute ago, raulaco said:

How much will these de value once everyone's items arrive from john Lewis. I'm guessing the majority will be put on eBay straight away. 

First movers have a clear advantage and also those with holding power. Basic demand and supply.

1 minute ago, coelian said:

Just curious, what's the RRP in the UK? I ordered a bunch at 140CHF but am not sure if they will be fulfilled.

£125.

If you have, like others have said, sell as fast as possible, Window will be closing.

Good find whoever managed to get from John lewis, I was sleeping lol

3 minutes ago, Voltron said:

£125.

If you have, like others have said, sell as fast as possible, Window will be closing.

Good find whoever managed to get from John lewis, I was sleeping lol

Damn my comfy bed. I was sleeping too 

Wait the best thing to say is. You snooze you lose 

3 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

My guess is that in some weeks LEGO will just modify their "military models" rule(s) here and there and release the already produced Osprey sets a little bit later. This would be the cheapest/elegant way to handle the whole issue without having to destroy or part out any products.

So you expect Lego to back track on a announcement they just made saying they won't release this because it doesn't adhere to their guidelines?  Just to make them look that much more unprofessional?  Lol

2 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

So you expect Lego to back track on a announcement they just made saying they won't release this because it doesn't adhere to their guidelines?  Just to make them look that much more unprofessional?  Lol

They have been "interpreting" and changing their rules continuously over the past decades to have more freedom in business decisions. Their guidelines need an overhaul anyway, so why not do it like that. Maybe they even staged the whole thing on purpose to make their fanbase see the need for new guidelines. Most fans wouldn't mind the release of an unarmed military model like this anyway, so the only thing standing in the way are their outdated rules. The demand of adult buyers for sets like this is now officially a given. Now LEGO can say: We would like to serve our fans, so we modernize our rules.

The more I think about this, I really cant believe Lego caved like this. It says RESCUE clearly on the sides and has no weaponry at all. I understand the "point" in that "there are profits going to people who make bad things" but honestly, that deal has already been made and secured. This should by no means been classified as "military" because of the 3P license. Where are all of the hyper-christians up in arms about Harry Potter? Where is PETA protesting the Friends theme "Jungle Rescue"?

• Like 1

I've been told by amazon today that there not even in there warehouse, unlikely to get it from there then if that's correct. Only other big place is smyths, does john lewis get there orders before everyone else? I may unfortunately be too late for this one :(

How does the entire country of New Zealand best everyone on this set?  The boxes from New Zealand show a manufacturer date of May 2020.  How can you ship and retail this set a mere 12 days before its release?

I doubt theres much hope in the states.  Although the Mexico plant caught up and Lego didnt seem to have issues with releases after the plant opened up.  Where can you even purchase large technic sets like this on release day?  No major retailers have pre order pages open for any of the new technic sets.

34 sets having been listed on eBay this far.

Edited by Klownicle

12 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

yep race to the bottom

4 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

I can't imagine it falling under 400% RRP. Thinking more like 600%.

480 minimum, I don't care how many will flood the market August 1st.

More like a race to upper middle class after a brief period in the 1%.

2 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

at 4am. no all cancelled which is a bummer because half was for immediate collection from my local. guess the staff got wind and picked em up

How did you find that they were available at Argos at 4 lol was it sheer luck.

Not much chance for anyone else then if yours got cancelled. 

I did see they were available for collection from next week, is it a case of that they don't have them in yet. 

2 minutes ago, raulaco said:

How did you find that they were available at Argos at 4 lol was it sheer luck.

Not much chance for anyone else then if yours got cancelled. 

I did see they were available for collection from next week, is it a case of that they don't have them in yet. 

i work nights i always check around when i get in from work..