42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

53 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Sell now, price is already falling from £1k+, to £6-700.

Price may pickup by xmas, but probability of that very low, as everyone will be getting there online orders next week, this is a classic example like lego polybag freebies that you dump as soon as possible as race to the bottom.

1 hour ago, Tedron said:

What would you guys recommend? To sell or hold?

Sell now.  Don't get too greedy in case there is buyer's remorse.  Doesn't matter if you insist on no returns, Buyer can say it was damaged en route and then eBay will side with Buyer.  This is very much like the new UCS MFs that were bought on launch day at Leicester Sq.  They were going for £4k a few days afterwards (best single transaction that I've ever done)  Now, you can pick one up for about £1k. At the moment most buyers will be people who think they can make a quick buck, hence QFLL's as opposed to people who want to Build.  Seriously who's going to drop £1k to build a set?  Don't want to be left without a chair when the music stops!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Sell now.  Don't get too greedy in case there is buyer's remorse.  Doesn't matter if you insist on no returns, Buyer can say it was damaged en route and then eBay will side with Buyer.  This is very much like the new UCS MFs that were bought on launch day at Leicester Sq.  They were going for £4k a few days afterwards (best single transaction that I've ever done)  Now, you can pick one up for about £1k. At the moment most buyers will be people who think they can make a quick buck, hence QFLL's as opposed to people who want to Build.  Seriously who's going to drop £1k to build a set?  Don't want to be left without a chair when the music stops!

As someone in the United States, I really hope the music stops.  But no one has convinced me otherwise.

48 minutes ago, Cheese said:

As someone who recently sold an Osprey set, how do I best protect myself from the buyer claiming the set was damaged en route?  It was sold through eBay's Global Shipping Program so I only need to send it to England and then they take it from there however I am still concerned that the buyer claims the set was damaged and lose my money.  I plan to wrap the set in bubble wrap and then place it into a box to post, I will ensure the set is insured for the sale value and that it is tracked but apart from that, is there anything else I can do?

8 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

As someone who recently sold an Osprey set, how do I best protect myself from the buyer claiming the set was damaged en route?  It was sold through eBay's Global Shipping Program so I only need to send it to England and then they take it from there however I am still concerned that the buyer claims the set was damaged and lose my money.  I plan to wrap the set in bubble wrap and then place it into a box to post, I will ensure the set is insured for the sale value and that it is tracked but apart from that, is there anything else I can do?

Given the fact that PayPal allows for 180 days of practical buyer's remorse.  Document, document, document.  Every thing you do in regards to that package.

2 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Given the fact that PayPal allows for 180 days of practical buyer's remorse.  Document, document, document.  Every thing you do in regards to that package.

How do I best do that?  It sounds silly but do I need to take photos and videos of me packing it and taking it to the post office just to prove it was in good condition when it left me?

3 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

How do I best do that?  It sounds silly but do I need to take photos and videos of me packing it and taking it to the post office just to prove it was in good condition when it left me?

The product with proof it was yours (your name on a paper etc), all the packing, the box itself with the label, a drop off slip to your choosen shipping service.  I've found PayPal typically sides with the buyer in the most idiotic way

The stupidity of it all is just because you put no returns is for you only.  Trust me your taking that return.  😛

Good thing is PayPal now reimburses shipping costs to buyers so you don't get screwed out of that.  Tho it's an opt in program.

Edited by Klownicle

26 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

The product with proof it was yours (your name on a paper etc), all the packing, the box itself with the label, a drop off slip to your choosen shipping service.  I've found PayPal typically sides with the buyer in the most idiotic way

The stupidity of it all is just because you put no returns is for you only.  Trust me your taking that return.  😛

Good thing is PayPal now reimburses shipping costs to buyers so you don't get screwed out of that.  Tho it's an opt in program.

So you're telling me that even though I photo the product and it's condition, then photo it in packaging, then ensure that it is tracked and insured and also obtain proof of it being sent to the correct address etc that there is still a chance for PayPal to fully refund the buyer just because they claim something with no proof?

So you're telling me that even though I photo the product and it's condition, then photo it in packaging, then ensure that it is tracked and insured and also obtain proof of it being sent to the correct address etc that there is still a chance for PayPal to fully refund the buyer just because they claim something with no proof

This is the risk you run with eBay. The buyer has all the power. There will be alot going on with that atm with this item. All you can do is hope you get a genuine buyer. If they have 0 feedback good luck 

8 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

So you're telling me that even though I photo the product and it's condition, then photo it in packaging, then ensure that it is tracked and insured and also obtain proof of it being sent to the correct address etc that there is still a chance for PayPal to fully refund the buyer just because they claim something with no proof?

Taking photos of box from all 6 sides on ebay matters. Describing any dents / marks etc.

Taking photos of the packaging doesn't do anything, if you upload that in a PayPal case,  the PayPal agent won't care.

Just send to PayPal address via tracked / signed for and proper compensation value is best you can do. Only thing afterwards is hoping package doesnt get damaged/ buyer isn't a scammer.

If you cover yourself with the above, it will suffice for 99% of genuine buyers, the 1% scammer will always find ways to screw you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, raulaco said:

This is the risk you run with eBay. The buyer has all the power. There will be alot going on with that atm with this item. All you can do is hope you get a genuine buyer. If they have 0 feedback good luck 

Yeah, one had 0 feedback annoyingly, I have spoken to eBay and they assured me that so long as I can get it to the global shipping program location safely, I am covered after that.

11 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Taking photos of box from all 6 sides on ebay matters. Describing any dents / marks etc.

Taking photos of the packaging doesn't do anything, if you upload that in a PayPal case,  the PayPal agent won't care.

Just send to PayPal address via tracked / signed for and proper compensation value is best you can do. Only thing afterwards is hoping package doesnt get damaged/ buyer isn't a scammer.

If you cover yourself with the above, it will suffice for 99% of genuine buyers, the 1% scammer will always find ways to screw you.

I have already sold them all, there were no notable dents/marks however at this point, should I still take a photo from all 6 sides just as proof at that point?   I have spoken to eBay and they assured me that so long as I can get it to the global shipping program location safely, I am covered after that.  If it gets damaged from that point, the buyer makes a claim from the global shipping team, not me.  I want to feel confident but I feel I'll be a nervous wreck till they say they received it and they're happy.  I can't believe there aren't more ways to 100% guarantee safety as a seller, especially with the amounts concerned with this set.

Yeah, one had 0 feedback annoyingly, I have spoken to eBay and they assured me that so long as I can get it to the global shipping program location safely, I am covered after that.

I have already sold them all, there were no notable dents/marks however at this point, should I still take a photo from all 6 sides just as proof at that point?   I have spoken to eBay and they assured me that so long as I can get it to the global shipping program location safely, I am covered after that.  If it gets damaged from that point, the buyer makes a claim from the global shipping team, not me.  I want to feel confident but I feel I'll be a nervous wreck till they say they received it and they're happy.  I can't believe there aren't more ways to 100% guarantee safety as a seller, especially with the amounts concerned with this set.

This isn't just an eBay concern, when you open your eBay case, you can also and or open a PayPal case can't you?

The fact that it is through Ebay Global Shipping Program is your saving grace here. As long as you get it to them they should cover you for anything after that for any claims the buyer makes.

Even if the buyer files a PayPal claim 5 months from now and wins the claim, I believe that you should be able to contact Ebay about it and inform them of the claim and have their protection, as long as your tracking number shows it was delivered to GSP.

36 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Even if the buyer files a PayPal claim 5 months from now and wins the claim, I believe that you should be able to contact Ebay about it and inform them of the claim and have their protection, as long as your tracking number shows it was delivered to GSP.

Apparently not. I always thought GSP takes full responsibility after they receive your package. Turns out they don't. 

Just search for "gsp ebay scam" on Reddit. 

3 hours ago, Klownicle said:

Umm... US is DEFINITELY not getting this.  Just noticed the Summer 2020 Technic sets are Sept 1st on US Lego.com.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/concrete-mixer-truck-42112

Interesting that the whole wave is Sept release over there. That's definitely bad news for the US. But I guess good for resellers who got them in NZ/EU. The US is a big market. It'll be another week or so before we know for sure, but odds are pretty bad for US right now. 

Prices continue to be all over the place - currently selling anywhere from $1100-1900US. I guess it depends somewhat on set condition and buyer/seller feedback.

Given the US almost certainly won't get any, I can envision seeing some of these quick flippers selling as low as $1000 before equilibrium reaches around $1600-$2000.

1 minute ago, MrSam said:

Interesting that the whole wave is Sept release over there. That's definitely bad news for the US. But I guess good for resellers who got them in NZ/EU. The US is a big market. It'll be another week or so before we know for sure, but odds are pretty bad for US right now. 

Prices continue to be all over the place - currently selling anywhere from $1100-1900US. I guess it depends somewhat on set condition and buyer/seller feedback.

Given the US almost certainly won't get any, I can envision seeing some of these quick flippers selling as low as $1000 before equilibrium reaches around $1600-$2000.

On reddit there's also talk now of the set being defective by damaging the primary gear that drives the entire sets motorized functions.  Can't catch a break. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

On reddit there's also talk now of the set being defective by damaging the primary gear that drives the entire sets motorized functions.  Can't catch a break. 

Just when you think it can't be any more of a mess...

Next thing LEGO will be re-recalling the ones that did get out because the new battery box will electrocute kids or something 🤣

29 minutes ago, MrSam said:

Wow, well done. Did you order online during the short window of opportunity? Or other avenues?

was lucky, checked when i got in from work at 4am a few days back & it was in stock, its weird they was cancelled then i got a notification saying item ready for collection. whallop.

is there a trade section on here?

Edited by joneyyy1981

16 hours ago, raulaco said:

Just hope it's not a scammer and cover yourself as much as possible. I am very wary of selling this set atm, I reckon it's defiantly a set to attract more scammers than usual. 

iv cancelled 4 buy it nows already, all 1 or 2 feedback from the states arranging own collection?