42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

The twin-rotor helicopter in 76162 Black Widow Helicopter Chase seems pretty obviously a CH-47 Chinook and its primary user is the military, but if it's being flown by a fictional villain in a licensed theme, I guess that's okay. So, we just need the Osprey to show up in a Bond film, DC or Marvel film, Stranger Things, or the Fast & the Furious and it'll be good to go

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have an Osprey if anyone is interested in buying one for cash and collection. I'm not risking ebay (possible buyer remorse / scammers), should we have more stock. 

Buyer runs the risk of a possible restock and no returns if more stock appears. It's a speculative market for the next few days. Feel free to PM for more details. Delivery possible depending on location. Many thanks. 

Osprey.jpg

Edited by Goblin

1 hour ago, Goblin said:

I have an Osprey if anyone is interested in buying one for cash and collection. I'm not risking ebay (possible buyer remorse / scammers), should we have more stock. 

Buyer runs the risk of a possible restock and no returns if more stock appears. It's a speculative market for the next few days. Feel free to PM for more details. Delivery possible depending on location. Many thanks. 

Thanks for offering.  I'm hoping this is one of the set the Mexico plant was producing when it started up. Otherwise ,on to the next deal. :) 

22 minutes ago, joch29 said:

Thanks for offering.  I'm hoping this is one of the set the Mexico plant was producing when it started up. Otherwise ,on to the next deal. :) 

No problem. Stock seems very limited in the UK. The sets were delivered to independent stores this week using TNT delivery and dispatched from Prague, CZ on 16th July. The lucky stores had an allocation of 3, that will be it. 

The online majors have yet to show their hand with any 1/8/20 Technic sets. If anyone is interested, 28S0 is the seal code. 

Edited by Goblin

2 hours ago, Goblin said:

No problem. Stock seems very limited in the UK. The sets were delivered to independent stores this week using TNT delivery and dispatched from Prague, CZ on 16th July. The lucky stores had an allocation of 3, that will be it. 

The online majors have yet to show their hand with any 1/8/20 Technic sets. If anyone is interested, 28S0 is the seal code. 

Where on earth did you find one in the UK lol. Is there any chance now? 

12 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Where on earth did you find one in the UK lol. Is there any chance now? 

Independents.

Heads: John Lewis, Smyths etc. will list them online very soon.
Tails: They've read the memo and all been returned to Lego.

Or folk at the top will keep the coin for themselves. 

5 hours ago, Goblin said:

Osprey.jpg

Im curious.. since you have that thing in your hands.. does that ship in the background look to you like a military, commercial, rescue or private vessel? Its hard to tell the pics on the internet.. 

Edited by crayxlp

On 7/22/2020 at 7:33 PM, MrSam said:

I'm about to do exactly that 😉

You are indirectly mentioned in this article!  You're a celebrity!  "While LEGO stores will never receive the set, some smaller retailers did receive their first orders early and buyers have been quick to scoop up the rare sets. New Zealand seems to have received the most shipments as Ebay listings for the V-22 all ship from New Zealand and are selling for well over $1,000."

https://www.wearethemighty.com/entertainment/lego-cancelled-v22-osprey-set

16 minutes ago, MrSam said:

Daym! This guy did well.
  image.thumb.png.795f2478afac4cf18289c826bd66e3d2.png

If anyone has any creative ideas for how to sell these quick and safe, feel free to DM me. eBay is being a pain for me. Happy to share the winnings. 

What is the issue with eBay I May have some ideas?  Your auctions are doing well probably should have made them 24 hours and been done with them as the longer you wait the more that will get listed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goblin said:

Independents.

Heads: John Lewis, Smyths etc. will list them online very soon.
Tails: They've read the memo and all been returned to Lego.

Or folk at the top will keep the coin for themselves. 

Heads it was (John Lewis). All gone in two hours. 

22 minutes ago, coelian said:

It's OOS now at John Lewis, I wonder how many were sold? I've only gotten cancellation emails from swiss retailers. 😄

I think in-between 500 to 1,000 units. Other online players will probablty have similar quantities. Amazon may have a few thousand (with a likely limit of 3 per customer), so stock will last longer. 

They were not embargoed until 1st August, so other retailers will show their hand very soon. 

Edited by Goblin

Finance have quite simply done the maths and stepped in and made the decision.  To ask retailers who have made orders in good faith to not sell the goods and request them to destroy or return them, as well as compensate them for loss sales, since retailers have made orders in good faith, just didn't add up.  Sure there will be some noise, but damage is already done given the news article and its not as if they havent bowed to pressure.  Someone in marketing or risk department is probably clearing their desk out as we speak.  They dropped ball on this one.  There will be lots of these in shops in a few weeks.  Those who have them now and selling them.  Good luck to them, since risk of buyer's remorse for purchasing something that isn't as rare as they thought, will be high!

Edited by Cheese

1 hour ago, Goblin said:

I think in-between 500 to 1,000 units. Other online players will probablty have similar quantities. Amazon may have a few thousand (with a likely limit of 3 per customer), so stock will last longer. 

They were not embargoed until 1st August, so other retailers will show their hand very soon. 

I checked with a major online retailer here and they told me it's not in their warehouse yet. 

1 hour ago, Goblin said:

When was this at? Has anyone actually got there item from john Lewis or will it be cancelled?