42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

6 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

was lucky, checked when i got in from work at 4am a few days back & it was in stock, its weird they was cancelled then i got a notification saying item ready for collection. whallop.

is there a trade section on here?

Where you get em? Been checking locally, and nothing here

1 hour ago, Tedron said:

I wonder if smyths and Amazon will sell on the 1st in line with the original scheduled release date!

I thought that if Smyths and Amazon had them then would have sold them by now unless they have been told to wait until the original release date.  I would say check in with Smyths and Amazon on the 1st and if they aren't selling by then then chances are they didn't have any in the first place.  That's just my thoughts, anyone agree/disagree?

I wonder now if prices will go up if the US market do not get any.  There might suddenly be a surge of US collectors looking to get them.  People from the US, are you all still just checking local sites to see if they're being sold or are you starting to buy from overseas?

6 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

I thought that if Smyths and Amazon had them then would have sold them by now unless they have been told to wait until the original release date.  I would say check in with Smyths and Amazon on the 1st and if they aren't selling by then then chances are they didn't have any in the first place.  That's just my thoughts, anyone agree/disagree?

I wonder now if prices will go up if the US market do not get any.  There might suddenly be a surge of US collectors looking to get them.  People from the US, are you all still just checking local sites to see if they're being sold or are you starting to buy from overseas?

iv cancelled 4 sales of £800+ all from us buyers

Just now, joneyyy1981 said:

iv cancelled 4 sales of £800+ all from us buyers

Watch they don't leave you negative feedback.

I would make sure you have put the minimum  buyer restrictions on ebay to weed out the non payers / time wasters I.e. require immediate payment with doing BIN listings, not selling to buyers with less than 0 feedback, more than 1 unpaid case in 12 months.

Cant remember exactly what the options are as i set them up a long time ago now, but there's a bunch of options and if you select them, it gets rid of alot of time wasters etc) if you go around cancelling normal transactions you risk getting negative feedback as ebay don't care.

I dont post any sets internationally now after numerous issues selling to people in Italy/ Russia. I would only sell internationally via ebay GSP. 

Just now, Voltron said:

Watch they don't leave you negative feedback.

I would make sure you have put the minimum  buyer restrictions on ebay to weed out the non payers / time wasters I.e. require immediate payment with doing BIN listings, not selling to buyers with less than 0 feedback, more than 1 unpaid case in 12 months.

Cant remember exactly what the options are as i set them up a long time ago now, but there's a bunch of options and if you select them, it gets rid of alot of time wasters etc) if you go around cancelling normal transactions you risk getting negative feedback as ebay don't care.

I dont post any sets internationally now after numerous issues selling to people in Italy/ Russia. I would only sell internationally via ebay GSP. 

well the auction clearly says no international bidders. people don't read.

id rather take alot less and sell cash in hand.

Just now, MasamuneHonjo said:

Out of curiosity, why have you cancelled sales from US buyers?

i don't want the aggro of any comebacks, id rather take less, cash in hand and walk away. my luck would be another batch hitting the market and buyer wants to return.. hit and run

3 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i don't want the aggro of any comebacks, id rather take less, cash in hand and walk away. my luck would be another batch hitting the market and buyer wants to return.. hit and run

Could you not sell through the Global Shipping Program to protect yourself?

2 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

can they not return through GSP then?

I think so but I don't see why they would if they have purchased the item from you.  I recently sold some through the GSP and I am trying to find out the best way to protect myself.  One of the buyers only had 1 feedback so they are concerning me that they may claim I sent the wrong item or a damaged item.

18 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Alot of ebay buyers don't read description, read the fruitcake thread on here for examples. Save yourself the hassle and just setup buyer postage exclusions, one less thing to worry about.

Also, everytime you refund now on ebay, paypal takes the 20p fee from seller. Not much but adds up. I personally value 100% feedback on ebay alot, even though it is an arbitrary value, it does bring alot of new buyers.

Here is list of buyer restrictions

s.gif Selecting Buyer Requirements enables you to block buyers who:
  • Are registered in countries to which you don't post to
  • Have a feedback score of -1,-2,-3 or lower
  • Have received 2 Unpaid Item strikes in the last 30 days
  • Are the winning bidder on 1-100 of your items in the last 10 days. (Note: This block will apply to all buyers, regardless of their feedback score, or you can choose to only apply this block to buyers with a feedback score of 0-5 or lower.)
  • Don't have a PayPal account

32 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

can they not return through GSP then?

If you like money just sell them via eBay GSP it actually helps provide another major level of seller protection. Out of 1K transactions with GPS I have had 3 issues and in most cases eBay will refund the unsatisfied buyer AND allow you to keep the proceeds from the sale. You have 4 days to get rid of these things and need to have a plan. When being a QFLL speed is much more important than all this taking pictures, videos, and other gimmicks people are posting hoping that they may afford them some Level of protection. People are buying these sets with out a plan or means to sell them. Just sell the sets already and hope for the best, yes you may get a scammer but $2K with a possible scammer is better than $800 to a safe play IMO. 

22 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

If you like money just sell them via eBay GSP it actually helps provide another major level of seller protection. Out of 1K transactions with GPS I have had 3 issues and in most cases eBay will refund the unsatisfied buyer AND allow you to keep the proceeds from the sale. You have 4 days to get rid of these things and need to have a plan. When being a QFLL speed is much more important than all this taking pictures, videos, and other gimmicks people are posting hoping that they may afford them some Level of protection. People are buying these sets with out a plan or means to sell them. Just sell the sets already and hope for the best, yes you may get a scammer but $2K with a possible scammer is better than $800 to a safe play IMO. 

4 days?

53 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

4 days until you see the “Confirmed Order” listings on eBay in addition to the “In Hand” listings. IME the confirmed order crew will take the lowest minimum profit available to them. 

73 active listings world wide.  There have been 137 listings total (cancelled/recreated etc included) to date.  Russia, United Kingdom, New Zealand as far as I saw.

Edited by Klownicle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

73 active listings world wide.  There have been 137 listings total (cancelled/recreated etc included) to date.  Russia, United Kingdom, New Zealand as far as I saw.

just listed 1 for 1k lasted all of 5 mins to germany, made me really anxious... not gonna sleep for 90 days

Edited by joneyyy1981