42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

1 minute ago, joneyyy1981 said:

i work nights i always check around when i get in from work..

Arr I see. Did you order any for collection next week? I feel like they don't have them in yet although I could be wrong. Can staff really screw us over like that :(

Just now, raulaco said:

Arr I see. Did you order any for collection next week? I feel like they don't have them in yet although I could be wrong. Can staff really screw us over like that :(

you can still order it from Hempstead Valley Argos for immediate collection, so i dont get why they cancelled it?

4 hours ago, Djmunch said:

Think I have managed to reserve one at my local independent toy store. They said they will be available next Wednesday but will call me then to let me know.

Market will be flooded by then.  Sure Lego are also looking at secondary market and wouldn’t surprise me if they throw a curve ball

Just now, elmaslıefendi said:

Why are some retailers sticking to Aug 1st & some not? Too bad...

they could have received memo that the product would no longer be stocked and thus are just putting it out on the shelf being allowed to sell it.

I'm personally hating the US and it's retail capabilities at this time.  We have like zero options.  :-X

My estimate (top end) is 2k units between JLP and Argos. JLP shifted 100 units in 15 minutes, and they were gone within 90 minutes as people woke up. Argos have 844 stores and had 4 or 5 available per store, but have been moving stock between stores. 

I have no idea about Smyths, other than a 'we don't know' email from Customer Service. Smyths never give anything away. 

Jeff still to show his hand. Contact in Czech cannot find any there which is surprising. 

US availibility market will determine if this is a £300 set, or an £800 to £1,000 set at Xmas.

All the above is my best guess. I'm part of UK Lego group and happy to intel share further intel. Collectively, we don't post here much. 

Edited by Goblin
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Goblin said:

My estimate (top end) is 2k units between JLP and Argos. JLP shifted 100 units in 15 minutes, and they were gone within 90 minutes as people woke up. Argos have 844 stores and had 4 or 5 available per store, but have been moving stock between stores. 

I have no idea about Smyths, other than a 'we don't know' email from Customer Service. Smyths never give anything away. 

Jeff still to show his hand. Contact in Czech cannot find any there which is surprising. 

US availibility market will determine if this is a £300 set, or an £800 to £1,000 set at Xmas.

All the above is my best guess. I'm part of UK Lego group and happy to intel share further intel. 

They come three per box.  So, 4 or 5 wouldn't really work.  My guess is most stores are getting the 3.

2 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

They come three per box.  So, 4 or 5 wouldn't really work.  My guess is most stores are getting the 3.

False information. 3 per box yes, but stores had at least 4 to order. As I said, stock movement. Different collection windows. What I don't know is how the cartons of 3 were divided between clusters of stores.

Anyway, that's irrelevant. The big number is how many are in the UK altogether. 

Edited by Goblin

3 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

they could have received memo that the product would no longer be stocked and thus are just putting it out on the shelf being allowed to sell it.

I'm personally hating the US and it's retail capabilities at this time.  We have like zero options.  :-X

Have experienced lots of UK stores put stock out a few weeks before official release day.  Typically as soon as stock gets delivered they want it on shelves as opposed to it being in the warehouse.  This is why sometimes there are opportunities to do a quick flip to buyers who are desperate to get their hands on a set and willing to pay more, rather than wait till release day.  Crazy, but have in the past took advantage of impatient buyers.

4 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

So they just ship one in a box?  Seems like a waste.  Lol. Appreciate the added info!

I don't know. If there were cartons or 3 or 6 shared between 2 or 3 stores, ballpark is 1,000 tops. 

I'm sure someone knows more than this though. Just a best guess. 

With a degree of confidence,  I think JLP had around 1,000, probably 700 to 1000 range. This is what they usually have for a standard big box first shipment. 

Edited by Goblin

20 minutes ago, Goblin said:

I don't know. If there were cartons or 3 or 6 shared between 2 or 3 stores, ballpark is 1,000 tops. 

I'm sure someone knows more than this though. Just a best guess. 

With a degree of confidence,  I think JLP had around 1,000, probably 700 to 1000 range. This is what they usually have for a standard big box first shipment. 

What about the ones that say available to collect next week from Argos, is this an error and those will be cancelled? 

Amazon and Smyths have told me they dont have them in there warehouse 

11 minutes ago, raulaco said:

What about the ones that say available to collect next week from Argos, is this an error and those will be cancelled? 

Amazon and Smyths have told me they dont have them in there warehouse 

There is some evidence of cancellations. The Argos reservation system was error prone this morning. I've been charged for 2 that are not on my order history. Customer Service told me to be patient. Anyone with stock in their hand should open a beer. You are very unlikely to get any information from Smyths. They are very guarded. Amazon Customer Service Agents have very little information at their disposal. They are purely metrics driven for customer satisfaction, and usually  follow a flowchart.  

Punters who chose John Lewis Express delivery had their deliveries today using DPD. Looks like Hermes for the rest with the stock still in the warehouse. 

Edited by Goblin