42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

4 hours ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

I thought that if Smyths and Amazon had them then would have sold them by now unless they have been told to wait until the original release date.  I would say check in with Smyths and Amazon on the 1st and if they aren't selling by then then chances are they didn't have any in the first place.  That's just my thoughts, anyone agree/disagree?

I wonder now if prices will go up if the US market do not get any.  There might suddenly be a surge of US collectors looking to get them.  People from the US, are you all still just checking local sites to see if they're being sold or are you starting to buy from overseas?

Since these have a Sept release date in the US, and that would be about 6 weeks out from the cancellation date, that seems like plenty of time for LEGO to have cancelled production plans in Mexico.  Most sets that come in stock recently seem to have manufacturing dates only a few weeks old -- the bricks are still warm when they hit the freight trucks...

I know the factories can make a set at any time based on the bricks/colors needed, so maybe they made it earlier.  I'm not betting on it though.

Come on Zavvi, don't let me down!

18 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

Since these have a Sept release date in the US, and that would be about 6 weeks out from the cancellation date, that seems like plenty of time for LEGO to have cancelled production plans in Mexico.  Most sets that come in stock recently seem to have manufacturing dates only a few weeks old -- the bricks are still warm when they hit the freight trucks...

I know the factories can make a set at any time based on the bricks/colors needed, so maybe they made it earlier.  I'm not betting on it though.

Shhhhh!  Don't tell them our secret from the US to the UK.

51 minutes ago, TheBrickClique said:

all i seen are 19S0

Just now, MasamuneHonjo said:

What do the numbers on the stickers mean?  Sorry if it's a dumb question.

Not at all. Week number, factory and year.                                                                        

Is anyone else annoyed by the condition they have received their Osprey?  It seems to be a total gamble as to the condition you receive, it's hardly like you can ask for a different one for obvious reasons but on eBay some of them have completely caved in corners.  Seems a shame for many people.

Just now, Goblin said:

Not at all. Week number, factory and year.                                                                        

So for the one that was 25S0 does that mean 25 weeks into the year, the 0 being 0 years that the set has been out, what does the S stand for?  Is that the factory name or location?

5 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

Is anyone else annoyed by the condition they have received their Osprey?  It seems to be a total gamble as to the condition you receive, it's hardly like you can ask for a different one for obvious reasons but on eBay some of them have completely caved in corners.  Seems a shame for many people.

So for the one that was 25S0 does that mean 25 weeks into the year, the 0 being 0 years that the set has been out, what does the S stand for?  Is that the factory name or location?

Dude it's argos lol. Just be glad the set is still sealed :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

loool exactly, more likely to open it up and see its a bag of seashells

haha. I picked up one the other day and it had a hole through the box. I asked if I could swap with another one knowing they probably didn't have one in. Anyway she offered me a 10 percent discount which I sorted of laughed about as she had no idea in the grand scheme of things how little that meant. It probably knocks off more like 100 for a badly damaged box if not more.

1 minute ago, raulaco said:

So what is the real chances of any other uk retailer having this in? Maybe that is it and surely if there is no more the sets we have in hand will be worth more than 1k each in time. 

i dunno, i got a bad feeling that more hit. smyths is the danger.

4 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Why is Smyths the danger?  Even with the current market of now a 151 past and present auctions we still seem to have a going price of 1200-1400 USD after shipping.

Edited by Klownicle

35 minutes ago, joneyyy1981 said:

Swiss smyths has the 1aug Technic sets listed with the exception of 42113. I went to one today and was told that what's out there is what they have. The Swiss online orders ships from Germany and I'm not hopeful we can order online. I can only hope some will show up in the stores but I'm going on vacation soon. Will try my luck hunting elsewhere!

1 hour ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

S is for the factory in Kladno, Czech Republic. 

The brains behind these codes ended up leading the Unikitty team. 

8 minutes ago, coelian said:

Swiss smyths has the 1aug Technic sets listed with the exception of 42113. I went to one today and was told that what's out there is what they have. The Swiss online orders ships from Germany and I'm not hopeful we can order online. I can only hope some will show up in the stores but I'm going on vacation soon. Will try my luck hunting elsewhere!

Surely we will see more of these come the due date. Would Argos and John lewis in the EU seriously only be the places that have stock? It just seems very unlikely given the amount of retailers around, argos clearly made a mistake the other day and it wasn't meant to be online until the 1st due to withdrawing it and other sets. If argos have them and john lewis surely loads of others are sat on there first batch. Unless they both somehow got the stock earlier and nowhere else did, I just assumed the big stores got there new stock at similar times.

8 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

just listed 1 for 1k lasted all of 5 mins to germany, made me really anxious... not gonna sleep for 90 days

That is just the tip of the iceberg. You all have seen the seals with 25th week of 2020 from Kladno (that is June 21-26). They are stacked into boxes by 3 and paletized in external LEGO Prague export warehouses on standard EU palets (120 x 80 cm) that may not exceed 2m in height. Go figure how many you get on a single palet. 

14 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

That is just the tip of the iceberg. You all have seen the seals with 25th week of 2020 from Kladno (that is June 21-26). They are stacked into boxes by 3 and paletized in external LEGO Prague export warehouses on standard EU palets (120 x 80 cm) that may not exceed 2m in height. Go figure how many you get on a single palet. 

I think I can work out the amount per pallet, the question is, how many pallets are there?

26 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

so is that a lot or not?  lol 

my 5 are gone, 3 going in the loft

Edited by joneyyy1981