Ideas #030: 21322 - Pirates of Barracuda Bay

Alpinemaps

• 8 months later...

5 hours ago, HandyHand said:

Was briefly available for ordering again (LEGO Shop at Home Europe). Put in one order. It's Temporarily Out of Stock again now.

It came back again , ordered one, went for a second; aaaaaand it's gone again 😛

Edited by Eric83

5 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

that's what I'm sayin...checks the same boxes:

Ideas Set: check

Super popular: check

$200 price point: check

[terribly large box making the choice to hoard even riskier than most]: check check check

Has the new data fields populated = not retiring 

8Minifigures
H: 24" (59cm)W: 26" (64cm)😧 13" (32cm)

Dimensions

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

do folks really think this one is going?

just saying it's a super popular set across the board...if it goes it will catch many off guard; instant x2

Tough call.  Expensive set to get caught with.  I'll grab a few "if" discounted or with a good gwp but probably not otherwise.  With not much of a run it could be a big hit however.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gmpirate said:

Tough call.  Expensive set to get caught with.  I'll grab a few "if" discounted or with a good gwp but probably not otherwise.  With not much of a run it could be a big hit however.

I grabbed a small quantity of them with the sailboat gwp's. I won't take the risk of missing "the boat." 

Yes, the tree house burned many, but there is only so much retail shelf space. With three or four large idea sets in production at the moment maybe one has to go. 

18 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

I grabbed a small quantity of them with the sailboat gwp's. I won't take the risk of missing "the boat." 

Yes, the tree house burned many, but there is only so much retail shelf space. With three or four large idea sets in production at the moment maybe one has to go. 

Plus if it works out like Tree House, you may be able to unload them anyway this holiday season.

In the (Dutch) Brickwatch website that lists Lego sets and where to buy them cheapest online, it shows:

1340738958_Lego21322.thumb.png.3efc891171c3cefa148e8175af4b9c1b.png

Means: supply has completely dried up, everywhere. Few resellers are offering it above LEGO RRP, and many webshops do not have any stock left (under "No longer directly available").

After my order at LEGO LEGO Shop at Home processed, I received a follow up email that there's no stock available, and it may take 60 days until my order gets fulfilled!

I do NOT see the same pattern as with the Tree House being repeated here. This set is done!

Edited by HandyHand

2 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

In the (Dutch) Brickwatch website that lists Lego sets and where to buy them cheapest online, it shows:

Means: supply has completely dried up, everywhere. Few resellers are offering it above LEGO RRP, and many former webshops do not have any stock left (under "No longer directly available").

After my order at LEGO LEGO Shop at Home processed, I received a follow up email that there's no stock available, and it may take 60 days until my order gets fulfilled!

I do NOT see the same pattern as with the Tree House being repeated here. This set is done!

i also notice when it says ; notify me whwn back in stock on the lego site it always comes back into stock.

Just now, joneyyy1981 said:

i also notice when it says ; notify me whwn back in stock on the lego site it always comes back into stock.

That's how I managed to get my order in yesterday. I had put in a Notify at the Lego Store for this set, and acted quickly when I received that email. The window to act was quite short!

8 hours ago, HandyHand said:

Means: supply has completely dried up, everywhere. Few resellers are offering it above LEGO RRP, and many webshops do not have any stock left (under "No longer directly available").

your post basically confirms there will be a restock within 60 days???

there were 6 month stints when treehouse could not be gotten for<1.5x RRP...I don;t see how this is significantly different

• Like 1

This set isn't going anywhere. Lego will create huge demand towards the end of the year and then sell an absolute tonne. Everyone will be able to get one and re sellers will stock up and get stung again. Wait for the retirement date go be moved end of October early November. They know exactly what there doing. 

I've also noticed that many sets that say sold out on Lego keep coming back which hasn't happened before. Even when they stay sold out retailers seem to still be getting stock. 

Great hall, tie helmet, Jurassic sets, Disney train to name a few.

30 minutes ago, nolan808 said:

This set isn't going anywhere. Lego will create huge demand towards the end of the year and then sell an absolute tonne. Everyone will be able to get one and re sellers will stock up and get stung again. Wait for the retirement date go be moved end of October early November. They know exactly what there doing. 

I've also noticed that many sets that say sold out on Lego keep coming back which hasn't happened before. Even when they stay sold out retailers seem to still be getting stock. 

Retirement date is December, the can run a batch every day until December 31 and it’s still retiring on time.
I thought I was negative 😂😂

Edited by joneyyy1981
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, nolan808 said:

Great Hall is listed as "retired Product", so must be gone for good?

• 2 months later...
58 minutes ago, Ogelwoc said:

Except the few websites stating this is retiring end of the year, with a big caveat, none of others are.
It’s still available with most retailers.
So could this be another repeat of the Tree House fiasco that Lego pulled last year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walmart cleared it out like they did with the Crocodile and just now with the A-Wing. It's also sold out at Target. I'm cautiously optimistic that it's done.

Walmart cleared it out like they did with the Crocodile and just now with the A-Wing. It's also sold out at Target. I'm cautiously optimistic that it's done.

Cleared out? How much was the discount?
Too bad I’m up north, no deal to have here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk