Ideas #030: 21322 - Pirates of Barracuda Bay

Alpinemaps

I combined the original thread with the new thread.

I liked the original, and I like the final product.  I know there's complaints about the differences, but I've always taken "Ideas" as just that - submissions shouldn't be finished products, but should be used as a springboard for LEGO to produce a real live LEGO set.  I love that the original inspired the designers to come up with something really cool.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I combined the original thread with the new thread.

I liked the original, and I like the final product.  I know there's complaints about the differences, but I've always taken "Ideas" as just that - submissions shouldn't be finished products, but should be used as a springboard for LEGO to produce a real live LEGO set.  I love that the original inspired the designers to come up with something really cool.

Thanks @Alpinemaps. Before creating the new topic I did a site-wide search for any topics with "21322" in it, but nothing came back, so I created a new one.

Edited by Phil B

24 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Thanks @Alpinemaps. Before creating the new topic I did a site-wide search for any topics with "21322" in it, but nothing came back, so I created a new one.

Don't worry.  The previous post for this didn't have a set number for it (it was unknown when I created the topic).  It's always tough on the Ideas threads.  The original thread title also speculated that this would be Ideas Set #31, but it's really #30.  The Piano was announced around the same time, so the numbers might be switched.  Depends on what comes to market next.  There's quite a few in the chute now.

• Like 1