Ideas #030: 21322 - Pirates of Barracuda Bay

Alpinemaps

10 hours ago, Furious_george said:

Far out , they are some horrible prices.

Keep in mind, this is a New Zealand site, most things are around NZ RRP.

8 hours ago, marcandre said:

Does seem odd. I would have got 20. 

Lol. I'm waiting for 25% off before doing that 😉

purchased 2 when the back order window opened up last week. Just got a email from tlg stating it will be longer than expected with a Aug.10 ship date*.  Things must be very tight for them on labor/capacity and/or raw material supply. 

image.thumb.png.e9025c6b0b82c46e2c6408487dc0f6bf.png

Edited by BricksBrotha
*originally overlooked the ship date

2 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

purchased 2 when the back order window opened up last week. Just got a email from tlg stating it will be longer than expected with a Aug.10 ship date*.  Things must be very tight for them on labor/capacity and/or raw material supply. 

image.thumb.png.e9025c6b0b82c46e2c6408487dc0f6bf.png

Oh my god the sky is falling.  You guys are too much 🤪 

23 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Oh my god the sky is falling.  You guys are too much 🤪 

9 minutes ago, cladner said:

No panic or anxiety here, Just trying to gauge TLG manufacturing capacity is all.  More and more its looking to be a great holiday season for NA resellers!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

No panic or anxiety here, Just trying to gauge TLG manufacturing capacity is all.  More and more its looking to be a great holiday season for NA resellers!

Just to play devil's advocate:  I wouldn't bet on a gangbusters holiday season.  Stimulus checks have been spent and most American families will be dealing with the burden of additional child care costs due to school closures and likely job losses.  I hope I'm wrong but the future is bleak.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Just to play devil's advocate:  I wouldn't bet on a gangbusters holiday season.  Stimulus checks have been spent and most American families will be dealing with the burden of additional child care costs due to school closures and likely job losses.  I hope I'm wrong but the future is bleak.

Never underestimate the power of shame.

No one wants their children not to have what they want. The sense of depriving your child (because of personal shortcomings in life) is not something americans take very well.

They will without question find a way.

By the way, They are also going to be sending out a bigger stimulus ck (for people to waste away on nonsense).

Edited by KShine

11 hours ago, cladner said:

Thanks

picked one up (my first one of this highly desirable set)...seriously, why wait? (I know VIP pts and all that jazz...)

...if you had posted on daily deals I reckon it would be poof already

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mathew said:

I hear what your saying and appreciate the discussion. Everyday I am amazed by the amount of people that will simply just rely on credit. Its been pushed on us to be the american way.  Mean while the CEO and board of every large Credit co's laughing on their private islands.  Luckily i learned a lesson early in life and now operate debt free and live within my means. I do recognize i am in the minority and unfortunately the general public is more ignorant than ever.  The way Ive been seeing it, Lego keeps missing their own projected targets for the larger sets (tree house, pirates, train, hh). Dates keep getting pushed further out.  That means other sets are also missing their production dates.  Something has to give, and that something is supply.  As long as Mexico's Covid case count remains on the rise, Lego continues to prove they are scrambling to keep up.  Throw in some states arent opening school, extending the stay at home, with holidays and more birthdays.  I just dont see how Lego will meet the demand.  People sitting on stock and even those buying at RRP will be the supply chain come nov-dec.  What a time to be alive.

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, KShine said:

By the way, They are also going to be sending out a bigger stimulus ck (for people to waste away on nonsense).

You mean the money will trickle up to those of us that own investment properties, resell toys, or other businesses.   In fact, my expenses are lower because I don't have to dish out $550+ a week for daycare anymore.  I've paid off debt during this time that I didn't forecast to pay off until at least 2021 previously (which was an aggressive plan already).  I could have invested it and probably should have, but I took the for sure win and reduction is debt always feels awesome.

I hope another stimulus goes out, as everyone reading this is a benefactor whether you get a stimulus payment directly, or indirectly from it trickling up and no one should have to suffer through this when as a nation, we should have the full capability to take care of everyone.  

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

You mean the money will trickle up to those of us that own investment properties, resell toys, or other businesses.   In fact, my expenses are lower because I don't have to dish out $550+ a week for daycare anymore. 

How old are your kids?  Schools are instituting virtual learning that requires six hours a day of home instruction.  How many parents are going to be able to balance a 40 hour week job while teaching their kids. How many will be able to afford quiting their jobs to educate them?

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

How old are your kids?  Schools are instituting virtual learning that requires six hours a day of home instruction.  How many parents are going to be able to balance a 40 hour week job while teaching their kids. How many will be able to afford quiting their jobs to educate them?

But that's the point of what I wrote. Those whom are struggling should get additional income to survive so they can stay home and take care of their families.  Then all that money they get trickles up like it always does.  It trickles to all likes of businesses, of expenses ranging from low to high (Landlord, Bank Loan, Grocery Stores, Walmart, Target, local shops, Amazon, BL, you name it).  Anyone you pay, pays someone else. The only people that don't pay anything are those that are debt free essentially, but there are always other costs that you can't avoid but those in that position, probably won't qualify for a stimulus unless they are unemployed and qualify through those benefits.  So if you put 1 Trillion or 1 Billion into the hands of those families that are laid off, all that money will flow right back up (unless some is saved of course).  It doesn't go down any further as there is  no where else for it to go.  Even if someone takes the money and buys illegal drugs with it... so what.  That money goes to a dealer, who then spends it on something else, whom then spends in somewhere else, and eventually it trickles back up.

For me personally, I'll be a-ok, my kids are both in grade school, but 6 hours of virtual learning a day sounds better than the BS that we got last Spring where most everything was a YouTube video. And all jobs should be understanding that they can't expect 8 solid hours of honest work right now if you are at home with children, at least not during the daytime.  I break up my work day with 2-3 hours in the morning, another 2-3 in the afternoon, and then another 2-3 at night, and work weekends and very late at night when needed.  I'm fortunate though as I can work from home full time and have been for years.  But even then, I've already made arrangements to unload our kids at grandparents homes for a week here and a week there to mix it up for them and us.  

Overall, hell yeah this sucks, but all of us parents already went through this once already last Spring and if you are a Parent and are not actively planning for the Fall school year on what your options are, you better start thinking about it and have various plans set up.  If my parents were not able to help, we have also considered sending our kids to a friends house for a week and then those kids all come live with us for a week so the kids can interact together, and parents get a week break at a time.  Would this be weird, yep, but then the kids get to interact together and parents can catch up on work for those weeks or just sleep.

Edited by LegoMan1212

5 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

And all jobs should be understanding that they can't expect 8 solid hours of honest work right now if you are at home with 

Lol. Your job certainly sounds comfy. Not too many people have jobs where they can take off an hour here and there to teach their kids. 

11 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

What a time to be alive.

10 hours ago, Mathew said:

I’ll give you the LEGO is better now but I’d much rather be back in The 90’s. 

I meant it more than just lego, also the craziness, supply issues, protests, pandemic, stay at home, the presidency. All of it.  Guess I should have said 'A wild time to be alive.'

Edited by BricksBrotha
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

I meant it more than just lego, also the craziness, supply issues, protests, pandemic, stay at home, the presidency. All of it.  Guess I should have said 'A wild time to be alive.'

it's a great time to be a LEGO reselling hermit....who's been hoarding for the last decade

for anyone social...it's crappity crap craptastic 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
51 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Is there any thoughts to another run on this one?

The one I picked up last week from the Lego store was 40R0 so not sure.  Finished bag 5 of 15 yesterday, so far neat build and will wait to pass final judgment, but don't see it coming close to the Sea Cow. 

Porate_IMG_7846.jpg

• Like 2