Ideas #030: 21322 - Pirates of Barracuda Bay

Alpinemaps

What does everyone else think investment wise in the next few years from now? Anyone think this set will reach at least $500 in 2 to 3 years from now?

Got a few for $270 but it seems a bit much to me since most u.s buyers probably got theirs cheaper than this.

thoughts?

3 hours ago, LegoC777 said:

What does everyone else think investment wise in the next few years from now? Anyone think this set will reach at least $500 in 2 to 3 years from now?

Got a few for $270 but it seems a bit much to me since most u.s buyers probably got theirs cheaper than this.

thoughts?

classic reseller question.

I think it's 2-3 year appreciation potential will come down to what else LEGO continues to release.  If we see more pirates/ships themed sets (including Ideas and Bricklink line) then I think this set hits a plateau ~$300.  But if we can't sniff another big pirate ship for years like the most recent "drought"  then its ceiling is much higher.  Similar situation for the Castle themes.

On 3/6/2022 at 4:48 PM, Bricklectic said:

Its already at 315 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Barracuda-Building-Shipwreck-Birthday/dp/B084ZQVZHY

I think we see 375 come Q4, purely because of the really short lifespan. lifespan is critical to appreciation. My shelves of tower bridges can attest to that. :( 

Was this set not always in stock at Lego shop or stores through out the past few years it was out? Is this what you would mean by really short lifespan? I was not really paying attention to stock numbers the last few years as I bought a few at the last minute before they were sold out pretty much.

On 3/6/2022 at 2:48 PM, Bricklectic said:

Its already at 315 on amazon

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Barracuda-Building-Shipwreck-Birthday/dp/B084ZQVZHY

I think we see 375 come Q4, purely because of the really short lifespan. lifespan is critical to appreciation. My shelves of tower bridges can attest to that. :( 

I had to choose between Treehouse and Barracuda

image.jpeg.757802907d06b07c5038a2ab791a709e.jpeg

I chose poorly :(

• Like 1