Ideas #030: 21322 - Pirates of Barracuda Bay

Alpinemaps

This would look really nice next to my destiny's bounty. I may actually buy something to build on release finally.

The last dozen or so sets I’ve purchased on release day with the intention of cutting the seals and building are either still sitting in my “build” pile or saw a price spike just after release and fell prey to my black QFLL heart.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Migration said:

The last dozen or so sets I’ve purchased on release day with the intention of cutting the seals and building are either still sitting in my “build” pile or saw a price spike just after release and fell prey to my black QFLL heart.

I've accepted the fact I will be building my LEGO world as my retirement...the only question is how will I get 10 years of stockpiled LEGO sets to Hawaii

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, t_mafia said:

Another set that has taken a big step back from the initial ideas design. Original design was awesome! This... Not so much. But it should do well if it can be built as the classic ship

To each their own, but this is awesome IMO.

The fact it is a 2-in1 makes it GREAT. Event the package is a throwback to the original Pirates, with the yellow border. If it only had an opening front flap, it would be perfect.

• Like 1

I don't disagree that it is very different from the Ideas submission, and I know some people will have good reason to be very disappointed, but I love this. The two different builds idea is pretty awesome, and I like this innovative step by LEGO. I've gone from "I'll probably pick one up near retirement when the price is right" to "I want one now!"  If only double VIP extended to April 1st...