Star Wars 2020 or maybe 2015

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

My son jumped on a little way in and actually watched the rest with me. He giggled a bit, but thought it was interesting. He wants a V.I.N.CENT now.

Oh man, they are not cheap! Good luck. 

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

My son jumped on a little way in and actually watched the rest with me. He giggled a bit, but thought it was interesting. He wants a V.I.N.CENT now.

Diamond Select released some Black Hole stuff earlier this year:  https://shop.diamondselecttoys.com/black-hole

Appears that like the Tron figures there are Walgreens exclusives...I may need to check a few of the local stores for the Maximillian figure.

• Like 2

IWOOT (UK) have the new AT-AT 75288 available as a pre-order for £139.99 - release date of 1st August.

I assume that's the standard RRP - hopefully it will be at 30-40% off at some point.

30 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

does "mosaic" mean a 2D like image using a bunch of smooth plates and tiles to look like a portrait?

interesting...

55 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

does "mosaic" mean a 2D like image using a bunch of smooth plates and tiles to look like a portrait?

interesting...

Mosaic, when thinking of LEGO, reminds me of the Mosaic Maker that LEGO created a couple years ago:

https://www.legoland.co.uk/tickets-passes/extras/extra-goodies/lego-mosaic-maker/

So I picture a 2d image made up of 1x1 plates and/or tiles that when built create a picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

interesting...

Yes, like DOTS but more for adults. Thats what the code name ZEBRA is supposed to be, with other 2D builds.

Personally, Ive been loving the DOTS sets and have already been messing with those huge gray baseplates to make patterns. The my girls come in and add the smileys and other things I wouldnt have added.

I think it would be far better to have the portrait come out of the "canvas" like a hybrid painting/sculpture...that way it's still "real" LEGO

also dem dots are a pita to remove...LEGO needs to come up w/ a new brick separator for the dots...I'm thinking something that starts off really thin but gets thicker as you twist (corkscrew like)..that way the dot can be lifted instead of being "popped" out (and never to be seen again) 

25 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think it would be far better to have the portrait come out of the "canvas" like a hybrid painting/sculpture...that way it's still "real" LEGO

also dem dots are a pita to remove...LEGO needs to come up w/ a new brick separator for the dots...I'm thinking something that starts off really thin but gets thicker as you twist (corkscrew like)..that way the dot can be lifted instead of being "popped" out (and never to be seen again) 

Ive found that if you turn the Brick Separator upside down and run down a row of DOTS at a slight angle, getting just under the lip, it will dislodge, but not pop off, the DOTS in an orderly fashion. Stripping them row by row is also more fun.