Star Wars 2020

Val-E

I suspect there will be new Star Wars content coming out on Disney + for years to come.
Just like there is new Avengers coming out.
There won’t be a major movie for several years, but enough content to keep the line alive. And they can always revisit episodes 7-9, like they’ve done the previous 6.
4+ version of Rey’s Speeder.

You can quote me on that.

• Like 1

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree.  At one time LEGO SW was one of the best selling if not THE best.  Now, thanks to Disney, it has become an albatross.  I wonder if Disney is dictating which products get made?  (I'm looking at you failed Kylo Ren's shuttle 75104 and Rebel Resistance LEGO sets.)  I wonder if LEGO is getting a bit gun-shy for SW.  Perhaps this is the real reason LEGO is rehashing so many OT sets; they don't know where else to go.

Just look around at all the other Star Wars product, from Pops to Hasbro to clothing. It’s all the same. Its just recycled every couple of years.

They endlessly recycle the action figures. The basic versions. Same figures different packaging.

It’s the same strategy LEGO uses for its endless police and fire stations. There’s a known window and turnover to this stuff and new kids are constantly coming into the market. And new adults are constantly dipping back into being consumers.

Just last night a 35 year old friend of mine admitted he had never seen a Star Wars film all the way through until last month, when he sat down with his 6 year old to start watching them. Boom. Two new consumers right there that don’t care a thing about how many Luke Landspeeders have come before - just that they can get one today.
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Just look around at all the other Star Wars product, from Pops to Hasbro to clothing. It’s all the same. Its just recycled every couple of years.

They endlessly recycle the action figures. The basic versions. Same figures different packaging.

It’s the same strategy LEGO uses for its endless police and fire stations. There’s a known window and turnover to this stuff and new kids are constantly coming into the market. And new adults are constantly dipping back into being consumers.

Just last night a 35 year old friend of mine admitted he had never seen a Star Wars film all the way through until last month, when he sat down with his 6 year old to start watching them. Boom. Two new consumers right there that don’t care a thing about how many Luke Landspeeders have come before - just that they can get one today.

therefore - given your really accurate insight (not being sarcastic) its rather more fruitful to flip with 20 per cent than to wait a year for some cloudy "appreciation".

Edited by crayxlp
typo

therefore - given your really accurate insight (not being sarcastic) its rather more fruitful to flip with 20 per cent than to wait a year for some cloudy "appreciation".

Idk whether my insight was really worth anything, but we’ve definitely seen the remakes happen over and over with LEGO and Star Wars. I’m just not surprised it’s in all of the market spaces Star Wars is in, not just LEGO.

I don’t know how much of it is lego and how much is Disney. Probably both. How many remakes of Friends sets have we seen? Equally, how many remakes of LEGO Disney sets have we seen?

Its the nature of our business. Our supplier is also our competitor. But instead of dipping into their stock to sell more Landspeeders because the price is going up, they just put a small amount into R&D and poof! They control the market again.

I’m preaching to the choir of course.

On 2/22/2020 at 8:41 PM, Alpinemaps said:

The new Resistance series sets felt a bit light on mini-figures for cost. Both Von Reg's Tie and the Black Tie interceptor could have done with another fig each at £64.99 and £44.99 in the UK.Amazon had them on 50% off last week so bought a few of each.

I think there is plenty enough of new material and items that deserve updates.  I have finally unpacked my collection int the IKEA glasses cases that are so popular and realize, I don't have a best of breed for Vader's TIE, for example.  I pick and chose sets after having sold off a few years ago my originals when the line began.  I don't know if they produced a fleet of the various Jedi starfighters but a lot of variants are possible.  The last movie had a few new ships and locations that could become play sets.  I just assembled the newest Y-wing and it goes well with the Rogue One era version.  Although not a hugh UCS collector, I do try to get the "ultimate" versions in the more common scale.

We have The Mandalorian products to look forward to and the final season of Clone Wars.  Personally I don't have the space to display a ton of 12" figures or even 6" figures so these are ideal.  I just wish they would have gotten the GI JOE line rather than the other brand.

50 minutes ago, Datoyman said:

Is this for real and is this something anybody but the biggest Star Wars nerd would want to build?

image.thumb.jpeg.69b248e3e31b373665a8bab9d924e3f5.jpeg

From what I've seen it's real and you too can own it for $80.  lol

After seeing SW IX, this droid was introduced for only one purpose - to give our heroes coords to find Palpatine.

I think the helmet series will do great. Beautiful packaging that appeals to adults (who have the money). Very similar to the Architecture series that consistently does great as an investment. And there will definitely be those that want all of them (assuming there are more than two). Maybe series 2...if there is a series 2... will have Kylo and Darth Vader helmets. I have no idea why they have these sets marked as 18+. 

Edited by Gonkalin