Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

17 minutes ago, Clintonjoseph said:

wait i missed this... what were they and why were they cancelled?

A buildable Super Battle Droid & 501st Clone Trooper + ATRT. As a collector of these, I'm pretty gutted they aren't coming.

Shame we never got Leia & the Droids, too. They were probably cancelled for a number of reasons - Some were a bit weak,

they weren't really Lego & generally just not selling well. They were clearing K2SO & Death Troopers for £5 at Smyths.

Edited by RKI_Fismo
Additional
  • Like 2

On 9.04.2018 at 7:49 PM, Val-E said:

Could be the last ever SW buildable (along with Darth Maul) as the rest have apparently been cancelled.

When I saw the basic price for this whole release 25GBP for each new model, I laughed out loud in store.
Last year 19.99GBP is long gone and forgotten already.

I hope it’s a piece that can be easily removed. 

Turning the gear makes his arms wave forwards and back. You’ll have to make a few mods to remove the gear and axle it’s attached to so the gears don’t flop around but yeah, it’s possible.

7 hours ago, Shewie said:

When I saw the basic price for this whole release 25GBP for each new model, I laughed out loud in store.
Last year 19.99GBP is long gone and forgotten already.

I doubt anyone on here has ever paid retail for a buildable.

6 hours ago, Hennessy said:

Do we know which sets will be discounted?

Free exclusive LEGO® Star Wars BB-8 (40288) offer is valid for orders online at shop.LEGO.com, in LEGO Stores and LEGO Catalogue telephone orders from 4th to 7th May 2018, or while stocks last. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than £65 in LEGO Star Wars merchandise only. Bricks & Pieces orders are not valid for this promotion. One set per household. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. If the qualifying LEGO purchase(s) is returned to us for a refund, the gift must also be returned to us together with the qualifying LEGO purchase(s). It cannot be purchased, exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value. Offer is not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres or LEGO Certified Stores. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior notice.

Double Points offer is valid on VIP purchases of LEGO® Star Wars merchandise from 4th to 7th May 2018. Offer is not valid on 75181 Y-Wing Starfighter. Points are attributed to the account once payment is received and will not be credited for purchases made prior to, or after this promotion. Points will not be earned on the purchase of Gift Cards or any applicable taxes or shipping charges. Merchandise totals calculated after VIP Point redemption; any applicable taxes, shipping charges or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise totals. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. Offers not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, LEGO Certified Stores and Mobile Retail locations. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify this promotion at any time without prior notice. VIP membership required.

From 4th to 7th May 2018, selected LEGO® Star Wars sets will be discounted at shop.LEGO.com and in LEGO Stores (whilst stocks last). These discounts cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount. Individual order limits apply per set.

I consider the exclusion of Y-Wing Starfighter from double VIP a first-rate scandal and arrogance on TLG part, they may bitterly regret the backlash. I do understand it on Falcon, marketing-wise it's totally different category but for a 200$ category set it's really stretching consumer patience thin...

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Vinetu said:

I consider the exclusion of Y-Wing Starfighter from double VIP a first-rate scandal and arrogance on TLG part, they may bitterly regret the backlash. I do understand it on Falcon, marketing-wise it's totally different category but for a 200$ category set it's really stretching consumer patience thin...

The Falcon will get 2xVIP - it´ll just be sold out!

Last year the same happened with Snowspeeder - it´s logical they can sell all they want on release.

Still Sweet FA for Falcon VIP card owners, which is a bigger scandal!

25 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Are books like these really investable? I have a huge bin of similar with small selections of parts or minifigures, some in other languages. I got them for free, always just assumed they were only good for bonus giveaways for repeat customers. 

13 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

Are books like these really investable? I have a huge bin of similar with small selections of parts or minifigures, some in other languages. I got them for free, always just assumed they were only good for bonus giveaways for repeat customers. 

It depends

Really valuable answer there, thanks Exciter :P

Let me ask ask the question differently. Is there something about THIS C3-P0 choose your path book that makes it more investable than other similar ones? Is this minifig particularly rare? How can one tell if a book with gig or pieces is going to be collectible?