Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

I´m missing the photo of 75215 Swoop Bikes but it can be found on a popular video sharing platform

If I am not mistaken that makes 7 sets for the Solo film - on a par with Rogue 1. No buildables since they have been cancelled and maybe a couple of microfighters in the winter if that series carries on.

I´d say these sets are more interesting than TLJ ones, which were mostly rehashes or boring movie scenes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

I´m missing the photo of 75215 Swoop Bikes but it can be found on a popular video sharing platform

If I am not mistaken that makes 7 sets for the Solo film - on a par with Rogue 1. No buildables since they have been cancelled and maybe a couple of microfighters in the winter if that series carries on.

I´d say these sets are more interesting than TLJ ones, which were mostly rehashes or boring movie scenes.

Haven't seen the movie yet either. But I agree, these are much better than the offering of TLJ.

However, you can consider the Han Solo & Range Trooper BF (and possibly the OTHER one) to be linked to SOLO...so 2 or 3, but not nearly the amount of BF's we got for R1.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

So have Star Wars ships always been this poorly designed or is it rose-tinted nostalgia.  None of the ship designs in the new films are worth a damn.  Aside from Kylo Ren's tie fighter they have been lazy and shitty.

Edited by Mathew

21 hours ago, Mathew said:

So have Star Wars ships always been this poorly designed or is it rose-tinted nostalgia.  None of the ship designs in the new films are worth a damn.  Aside from Kylo Ren's tie fighter they have been lazy and shitty.

Apart from the new stuff in Rogue One, and a couple of designs from Solo, I'd have to agree with you unfortunately. Presumably it's the directors that approve the final designs, so I guess they don't have the eye for this stuff that George Lucas has/had. I don't think it's a case of the concept artists not being up to it, as many of them worked with Lucas on the prequels.

Part of the problem is that the ship designs from the original trilogy are timeless classics that have aged remarkably well. Maybe this is because their basic shapes are quite simple, or maybe it's because they had guys designing them who came from an industrial/aircraft design background, and hence they look more "realistic." Who knows?

4 hours ago, southcollector13 said:

The transport and hauler sets both look like they should be about $60 based on size. However, I'm expecting 80 for the transport and 90 for the hauler due to the cheese slope and stud taxes

I find your lack of faith in the Disney tax disturbing!

75203 - Hoth Medical Chamber [walmart exclusive] $29.99 [$29.97, na] USD 255 pieces.

75214 - Anakin's Jedi Starfighter $19.99 [$16.00, $19.99] USD 247 pieces.

75215 - Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes $29.99 [$24.00, $29.99] USD 355 pieces. 75216 - Snoke's Throne Room $69.99 [$69.00, $69.99] USD 492 pieces.

75217 - Imperial Conveyex Transport $89.99 [$89.00, $89.99] USD 622 pieces.

75218 - X-Wing Starfighter $79.99 [$79.00, $79.99] USD 731 pieces.

75219 - Imperial AT-Hauler $99.99 [$99.96, $99.99] 829 pieces.

75220 - Sandcrawler $139.99 [$139.96, $139.99] USD 1239 pieces.

75221 - Imperial Landing Craft $89.99 [$89.00, $89.99] USD 636 pieces.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 7:58 AM, exciter1 said:

I thought Snoke's Throne Room looked like a neat set.  It's no Death Star Final Duel.  I was thinking it should be no more than $40.

It's called the Disney "This is the only cool scene in the movie and we're going to milk it" tax.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

rumoured sets 2018/2019

1) Praetorian Guard Battle Pack (75226) - Includes 4 Praetorian Guards and a Elite Transport Speeder

2) 501st Clone Trooper Battle Pack (75227) - Includes Captain Rex, Fives, Jesse, and Hardcase. Also includes a blue AT-RT Walker.

3) Rebel Enforcer Battle Pack (75229) - Includes 2 Rebel Scout Troopers, Rebel Engineer, and a Rebel Pilot. Also includes a Combat Alliance Tank.

4) Mimban Escape (75233) - Includes Chewbacca, Val (Mimban disguise), and a Mudtrooper.

5) Ewok Tree Attack (75230) - Includes an Ewok, Han Solo, and a Scout Trooper.

6) The Raddus (75234) - Includes Princess Leia, Poe Dameron, Nien Numb, and a Resistance BB unit. This could also be the excape pod in the Last Jedi rumored a while ago.

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

rumoured sets 2018

2) 501st Clone Trooper Battle Pack (75227) - Includes Captain Rex, Fives, Jesse, and Hardcase. Also includes a blue AT-RT Walker.

3) Rebel Enforcer Battle Pack (75229) - Includes 2 Rebel Scout Troopers, Rebel Engineer, and a Rebel Pilot. Also includes a Combat Alliance Tank.

Winners!  More OT and Clone Wars please.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

and a link a regarding the UCS Cloud City

Lego Star Wars UCS Cloud CIty (75222) Set Confirmed Further!
http://anjsbrickblog.blogspot.com/2018/07/lego-star-wars-ucs-cloud-city-75222-set.html

Confirmed Further? Um, no.

it's the image from the UCS box front that we've all been looking at for a year.

That cloud car pilot is certainly interesting though.

2 hours ago, crayxlp said:

rumoured sets 2018/2019

1) Praetorian Guard Battle Pack (75226) - Includes 4 Praetorian Guards and a Elite Transport Speeder

4) Mimban Escape (75233) - Includes Chewbacca, Val (Mimban disguise), and a Mudtrooper.

6) The Raddus (75234) - Includes Princess Leia, Poe Dameron, Nien Numb, and a Resistance BB unit. This could also be the excape pod in the Last Jedi rumored a while ago.

75230 is UCS Porg, isn´t it?