Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

As much as I'll admit the porg build is quite clever and I think it uniquely captures the porg, I see absolutely no purpose to the porgs in the Star Wars universe other than Disney saying, "We need a pet of some kind.  Something that wins the hearts of animal lovers out there."  

There are a lot of haters on the Ewoks but at least they served a purpose in the SW story line.

Oh, no.  You don't suppose the porgs are really force-sensitive creatures who will help train Rey, do you?!  I'm almost sorry I thought of that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I love Buffalo Porg wings!

I'm telling you; UCS Porg on a rotisserie!  Now that would be something to set on a desk.  Motorize it and everyone who enters your office will laugh for hours.  You could set it to a timer with the updated speed functions so it stops rotating when it's time to go home.  Or maybe it begins when it's time to go to lunch.  Think of the possibilities...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Another imperial star destroyer?  Blah, it was only in the movie for about a second.

Gorgon is the codename for the monstrosity I posted on the previous page of this thread. Nothing like an ISD unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Gorgon is the codename for the monstrosity I posted on the previous page of this thread. Nothing like an ISD unfortunately.

Ohh.. that thing, I think will be pretty cool.  That picture probably doesn't do it justice, but I bet after you take it out of the box and build it, it will be like many other sets that look better when built.  Plus, I assume that one will have minifigures of Beckett, Val, and Rio.

I also look forward to the Enfy's Nest speeder. 

I thought I heard a while back, the three sets were Enfy's Nests Speeder, the Imperial Hauler that Beckett, Val and Rio steal (which is shown in the pic you posted) and the train.  I wonder if there is a train if it works with the Hauler?  That would be pretty awesome if it was setup to work that way.

Edited by fossilrock

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

Oh thank goodness. 

I could really use another year or two for 75055 to hit peak "maybe it's not coming back"-ness

I was more afraid of a ucs version,  but that solo trailer had me spooked!

1 hour ago, mudcatsfan said:

Oh thank goodness. 

I could really use another year or two for 75055 to hit peak "maybe it's not coming back"-ness

I was more afraid of a ucs version,  but that solo trailer had me spooked!

75190 not similar enough for you?

I wasn't thrilled about that one, but I felt like it was different enough to not impact the classic star destroyer TOO much.

It certainly did but it wasn't a death blow.

Another similar one (even with non Vader/Emperor imperials) would smack it down harrrrd.

On the contrary,  i think the set will continue a nice path upward if it continues to have no vintage style replacement.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, calmdahn said:

Aw yiss

This reminds me of the Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack (75167) except a white box and two speeders.  Of course, each of these speeders do look slightly larger than the one in the Bounty Hunter set... this new set just feels kind of light or lacking substance.  I will admit, I haven't seen the movie yet, so maybe that's why this set isn't doing anything for me.  If 75167 was $14.99 USD this thing must be around $24.99 USD or more appropriately $19.99 USD?

Edited by MusiKyle
Typo

32 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

This reminds me of the Bounty Hunter Speeder Bike Battle Pack (75167) except a white box and two speeders.  Of course, each of these speeders do look slightly larger than the one in the Bounty Hunter set... this new set just feels kind of light or lacking substance.  I will admit, I haven't seen the movie yet, so maybe that's why this set isn't doing anything for me.  If 75167 was $14.99 USD this thing must be around $24.99 USD or more appropriately $19.99 USD?

I’m just stoked that there’s an Enfys Nest minifig!

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

It's a pretty cool representation of two of the bikes from a decent action scene. Definitely better than the lightweight bounty hunter bike. That thing is just scraps to sell us 4 amazing figs.

And you SHOULD see Solo, it's fun as hell

• Like 2

To give credit where credit is due. At least these are new, original sets and not the usual remakes we have been getting recently. Having not seen the film yet, it’s worrying that the quality seems to be going downhill and contrary to the way that the prices are going. I have a really bad feeling about Cloud City. Looks like the B Team are working ok SW

• Like 3