Star Wars 2018

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, Lordoflego said:

No, no you don't. And we don't remember recent snowspeeders ;) 

Tie fighter was just about 60 days early and still didn't sell out by release date at a pretty reasonable price.  Shockingly the best seller was Hoth.  Didn't get many either.  

I do like the look of this box though for Y Wing.  Guess I can build it in a week or two...

On 3/30/2018 at 4:23 PM, Shewie said:

update.
Boxes came to the store this morning thats why person which was responsible today for filling up the shelves was probably confused because noone from staff or managment briefed her before about the current situation.
so she just lightsome filled up shelves as she was previously requested.

it wasnt her fault alone, it was just overall lack of communication.

Gotta love "corporate HQ" when they get all in a tizzy over something like this.  Obviously, if they don't want mistakes like this to happen, don't send them to the stores early.  But anyway.. .hopefully that employee doesn't get the wrath over this.  It's just a freaking toy... not a life or death situation... I'm sure there was probably an assassin with mouse ears on it's way to poland.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Gotta love "corporate HQ" when they get all in a tizzy over something like this.  Obviously, if they don't want mistakes like this to happen, don't send them to the stores early.  But anyway.. .hopefully that employee doesn't get the wrath over this.  It's just a freaking toy... not a life or death situation... I'm sure there was probably an assassin with mouse ears on it's way to poland.

I'm in touch with this guy who works there so I'll keep you posted.
Now it's a Easter holiday till Tuesday in Poland so we will see later how the situation will develop

as mentioned before I don't see this girl fault anywhere in this situation it was a just a common coincidence but with massive consequences.
IMO it's a store management job to keep such things organized in a professional manner. They are getting paid for that.

On 3/30/2018 at 10:09 AM, fuzzy_bricks said:

Pretty slick looking box.  Have we seen any leaks of this or is a picture of this thing sitting on a shelf the first?

Yes...LEGO finally took my advice and went with a classic looking UCS box, instead of the "comic book" versions of late.