TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

Reading these interactions with TRU stores makes me not want to step foot in them. Like they know they are scamming people but for the chosen (smart people) that try and get a good deal it's like the sky is falling and they will lose their job. I've been in TRU like 3-4 times in the past 2 years. Going to try and keep that pattern going. I just love Walmart so much more...

The employees and managers at my TRU did not allow me to apply the extra 10% thursdays discount. Came up with some bs about cannot combine with other offers. Went through 3 managers to try to get the 10% apply but they didn't know how to do it or didn't want to override it. Can I get the 10% back from CS some how now? Or is it too late? Didn't feel like arguing with the managers today.

Edited by Lego_Monsters

4 hours ago, Lego_Monsters said:

The employees and managers at my TRU did not allow me to apply the extra 10% thursdays discount. Came up with some bs about cannot combine with other offers. Went through 3 managers to try to get the 10% apply but they didn't know how to do it or didn't want to override it. Can I get the 10% back from CS some how now? Or is it too late? Didn't feel like arguing with the managers today.

Yes, you can.  Go to CS desk.  If you want to arm yourself, make sure you know the CC company phone number.  If the manager refuses, just inform him/her that the 10% discount has nothing to do with TRU and 'stacks' with any deal TRU is running.  Then call the CC company and let them speak to the manager.  Oh, and don't be a @#$% about it.  Usually, when you get your phone out to call the CC company, the manager will magically realize that you're right.

• Like 1

A few weeks ago i had a go-round with TRU. There were several sets i wanted price matched but i had to do separate transactions because i had three different reward certificates. So they did the match but then the 10% wasn't coming off. So i mentioned what was said in the post above about the percent coming off was for using the card and had nothing to do with whether the item was price matched or not. She didn't know what to do so she finally got the manager. He finally got it straightened out. He deducted the 10% off the price matched price and then applied my certificates. On another visit, i don't know what percent it was giving off but it wasn't 10%. I got to the car and looked at my receipt and there was a percentage off but it didn't add up to 10% of the item i bought. So i went back in and got them to fix that too. It just seems to me that the whole promotion is a way to scam customers as it never ever seems to work the way it's supposed to. On a different note, all the new Star Wars sets were "actually" on sale tonight on TRU.com, which was strange considering these sets aren't supposed to even be out yet until March 1st. 

3 hours ago, jal4u2c said:

A few weeks ago i had a go-round with TRU. There were several sets i wanted price matched but i had to do separate transactions because i had three different reward certificates. So they did the match but then the 10% wasn't coming off. So i mentioned what was said in the post above about the percent coming off was for using the card and had nothing to do with whether the item was price matched or not. She didn't know what to do so she finally got the manager. He finally got it straightened out. He deducted the 10% off the price matched price and then applied my certificates. On another visit, i don't know what percent it was giving off but it wasn't 10%. I got to the car and looked at my receipt and there was a percentage off but it didn't add up to 10% of the item i bought. So i went back in and got them to fix that too. It just seems to me that the whole promotion is a way to scam customers as it never ever seems to work the way it's supposed to. On a different note, all the new Star Wars sets were "actually" on sale tonight on TRU.com, which was strange considering these sets aren't supposed to even be out yet until March 1st. 

It's been TRU store policy for a while now that price matching does not stack with any other offers, including TRUTH. Getting them to do so is a huge YMMV and requires a supervisor override. Sometimes this site makes you believe that you should get every discount available including ones that go against store policy. It's great to score these once in a while but it should not be expected as the norm.

• Like 3

Updated the sticky with this week's ad info:

26 February 2017

• Coupons: None
  • Themes on sale: LEGO Dimensions 25% off Story, Level, and Team Packs
  • Gift Card offers: None

The last couple of weeks, they've started sales on Monday (after the ad), so I'm curious to see if it's going to be the same this week.

Is there a new clearance coupon that starts today?  Is it generic?

7 hours ago, pete411 said:

It's been TRU store policy for a while now that price matching does not stack with any other offers, including TRUTH. Getting them to do so is a huge YMMV and requires a supervisor override. Sometimes this site makes you believe that you should get every discount available including ones that go against store policy. It's great to score these once in a while but it should not be expected as the norm.

I'm sorry, but there is NO store policy in regards to TRUTH and any other offer.  The credit card company, which pays the 10%, is a separate entity from TRU.  They couldn't care less if you saved $1 or $1000.  They give you 10% off your total when you shop there on Thursdays.  You can either accept that the store has created a policy that a) doesn't make sense and b ) is against company policy, or you can get the credit card company on the phone and have them explain their policy to the the manager.

Edited by Loghamel
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, micbelt said:

I checked before I left the store. I always give them my cc to scan the barcode on the back for my rewards account and told them I was paying with it to get the 10% off on Thursday.

Yes, for most that reported, the 10% off only applied to the non-clearance items, unless a different button dance was requested, or they stayed around to have the customer service desk process a refund of the difference.