TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

23 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yes, they were originally marked down when tagged as clearance, so you received all the discounts.  The RTT was originally marked down 30%.

Okay I think the lightbulb just went off; so do you think when I scanned it, the price it gave me was already factoring in both the sale price and the 20% SW sale, and the only additional I got at checkout was the 20% off clearance?

This is a huge YMMV, but I saw the SW sale sign at a TRU that read "20% of ALL SW Lego", so I scanned a UCS TIE.  IT came back $239.99, no discount.  I asked the service desk person (ast. mgr I think) if this set was included.  She said it was, and if it didn't wring up to have her come over to override it.  So IF your store is willing to add in the 20% SW sale discount and you have the 20% coupon and grabbed 20% off GCs + TRUTH 10% + 8% points I show it coming back at $102 + tax.

This is a huge YMMV, but I saw the SW sale sign at a TRU that read "20% of ALL SW Lego", so I scanned a UCS TIE.  IT came back $239.99, no discount.  I asked the service desk person (ast. mgr I think) if this set was included.  She said it was, and if it didn't wring up to have her come over to override it.  So IF your store is willing to add in the 20% SW sale discount and you have the 20% coupon and grabbed 20% off GCs + TRUTH 10% + 8% points I show it coming back at $102 + tax.

The coupon out there is for clearance only.
  • Like 2

I need all you truthrs to buy these sets and kill them off TRU! Come on fellows, get busy.  We need a test to see how well the new trilogy sets will appreciate before we start buying "last jedi" stuff or stocking up on the sets from the Force Awakens that will most likely retire at the end of this year. 

75140 Resistance Troop Transporter - $43.98

75103 First Order Troop Transporter - $55.98

75096 Sith Infiltrator - $59.98

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I need all you truthrs to buy these sets and kill them off TRU! Come on fellows, get busy.  We need a test to see how well the new trilogy sets will appreciate before we start buying "last jedi" stuff or stocking up on the sets from the Force Awakens that will most likely retire at the end of this year. 

My TRU doesn't have any right now, but they'll show up 2 years later at inflated TRURP.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

My TRU doesn't have any right now, but they'll show up 2 years later at inflated TRURP.

I still can get FO transporters.  I was going to head there after work, and grab their last 2 if they still have them.  I hate to admit, but I already have 8 of these, as I grabbed them when they were 45 at walmart last spring.  I have a feeling this set does well.  Plus, with there now being 2 First Order battle packs - you can easily pair these down the line with one of those battle packs for extra incentive, once all of them are retired.   That way they can stock their transporter with extra stormtroopers.  Basically, 6 stormtroopers, 2 flame troopers, and Phasma fit perfectly into one of these.  Same with Leia's transporter.  Pair it with a battle pack and you have all you need.  

I want to see these gone from the stores, but it might take until summer though.  But already, if you use truth, you can clear 20.00 at current amazon prices.

• Like 2

I'll get right on that if someone can send me one of those 20% off clearance coupons ; )
  • Like 2

I'll get right on that if someone can send me one of those 20% off clearance coupons ; )

Have you tried asking at CS desk? It's worked for most.
Thank you, I stand corrected.  That puts it at 138.

That's a lot of work for the same price at WM last spring and similar to the Amazon and WM price later this year when we find out it's retiring ;)

52 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Have you tried asking at CS desk? It's worked for most.
That's a lot of work for the same price at WM last spring and similar to the Amazon and WM price later this year when we find out it's retiring ;)

I don't know if i'd bank on this set getting discounted again.  The sandcrawlers are still available at retail, and not for clearance prices.   I'd almost say if you can get these under 150, then roll the dice.  Who knows how good this set will take off.  I kind of think this one will be like the B-wing and take a while to appreciate.  Slave 1 will be the opposite.  I also think the Sandcrawler will jump quickly once it's completely gone..

22 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I don't know if i'd bank on this set getting discounted again.  The sandcrawlers are still available at retail, and not for clearance prices.   I'd almost say if you can get these under 150, then roll the dice.  Who knows how good this set will take off.  I kind of think this one will be like the B-wing and take a while to appreciate.  Slave 1 will be the opposite.  I also think the Sandcrawler will jump quickly once it's completely gone..

But the EV and SC were widely available for discount when we all knew the end was near.  Just my $.02

13 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

But the EV and SC were widely available for discount when we all knew the end was near.  Just my $.02

I remember EV dipping towards 200, but did SC go lower than 260ish?  I can't remember.  I didn't invest in either of those, although i'm tempted to buy a SC, i'd rather spend that 300 on a wide range of sets.

1 minute ago, fossilrock said:

I remember EV dipping towards 200, but did SC go lower than 260ish?  I can't remember.  I didn't invest in either of those, although i'm tempted to buy a SC, i'd rather spend that 300 on a wide range of sets.

$230 widely and $180 briefly at TRU.  And I'm in the same boat.  I own zero SCs, and wouldn't mind one but missed the $180 and would rather put my personal build money elsewhere for right now.

17 minutes ago, pete411 said:

While picking up a couple of Sith Infiltrators today, noticed that TRUTH was not applying to clearance items after stacking with the 20% off coupon. This happened at two stores and both cashiers tried multiple times to get TRUTH to stick to the transaction.

Were you using partial pay?

While picking up a couple of Sith Infiltrators today, noticed that TRUTH was not applying to clearance items after stacking with the 20% off coupon. This happened at two stores and both cashiers tried multiple times to get TRUTH to stick to the transaction.

Just checked my receipt and same thing happened to me. Didn't catch it until just now. Missed out on some savings but still a good deal.

Edit: I used partial pay.

I used the coupon on a mixed transaction of clearance and non-clearance items and TRUTH applied to the non-clearance but not the clearance. I've never seen that happen before. Whether or not partial pay is used shouldn't matter unless you want to make a big stink about it at the CS desk and have them price adjust the TRUTH savings after the fact. I'm not going to bother either.

5 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Just checked my receipt and same thing happened to me. Didn't catch it until just now. Missed out on some savings but still a good deal.

Edit: I used partial pay.

Yeah there is a new workaround that DOES NOT require an override but you have to tell the cashier the button sequence. 

It will be part of my webinar Sunday remember all contributing BPers get 20% off use code BP20 (Mods excluded) ;) 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Yeah there is a new workaround that DOES NOT require an override but you have to tell the cashier the button sequence. 

It will be part of my webinar Sunday remember all contributing BPers get 20% off use code BP20 (Mods excluded) ;) 

Please post your webinar to youtube. That was I can show it to every TRU cashier that I interact with :) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I asked one manager yesterday at my usual store and he said he wasn't sure what the registers would do, but he said he was instructing his employees to override the price if necessary to apply the 10% TRUTH with the 20% clearance coupon.

Went to a different store today and got the register rejection.  Manager there said it probably doesn't work with the coupon.  I mentioned my other store's conversation and her response was, "our store knows better."

YMMV!

Also, I tried asking Customer Service at three different TRU's for additional clearance coupons (I had my one from the mail) to see if they would go for "I want to get some clearance items at another store" and was turned down by all three.  All claimed they didn't have any since they were mailed.  So, I think corporate might have gotten to them now.

BTW, another conversation at checkout today at a store that is usually out of my shopping range.

"Are you going to be using your TRU CC to pay the *full amount* today?"

"I was going to partial pay with it and put the rest on gift cards"

"How much are you going to put on the CC?"

"A dollar"

"We can't apply the 10% unless you put a majority on the card.  The credit card company won't pay us."

"OK, you tell me what the majority is."

after some looking at the screen... "About $40"

"Then I'll put $40 on the card."

This conversation was with an employee supervising a new cashier.

I'm so glad my regular stores have no problem with the $1 trick.

• Like 1