TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

On 2/18/2017 at 3:09 PM, Pseudoty said:

Extra 20% off clearance coupons are at the service desk. As always YMMV. 

Thanks! Went to TRU today and asked for a coupon - lady went to the back and came back with one. Used it on a 70325 Nexo Knights Infernox Captures the Queen for my son - shelf marked as $29.99 but scanned for $14.98, so I paid $12 before tax (52% off of the proper $24.99 MSRP). Also found a lonely A-Wing Pilot which I bought for $4 after the 20% off SW, but might return later as I didn't take the time to check EBay/BL in store and I see these are a dime-a-dozen......

• Like 1

Thanks! Went to TRU today and asked for a coupon - lady went to the back and came back with one. Used it on a 70325 Nexo Knights Infernox Captures the Queen for my son - shelf marked as $29.99 but scanned for $14.98, so I paid $12 before tax (52% off of the proper $24.99 MSRP). Also found a lonely A-Wing Pilot which I bought for $4 after the 20% off SW, but might return later as I didn't take the time to check EBay/BL in store and I see these are a dime-a-dozen......

70325 is showing up at $14.98 in the app.

6 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

70325 is showing up at $14.98 in the app.

Yes, correct, was posted in DD thread late last week as being on sale. That's why I went to the store - wanted to get one with the coupon. Was surprised to see they were shelfmarked as $29.99 - was getting ready for a website price-match discussion, but did a self-scan at one of the scanner stations which showed it at $14.98, so no discussion necessary.

Also, the website/app does not show the $14.98 as Clearance (doesn't show up if you search for Clearance items), but the coupon applied so it must be clearance marked somewhere in their system.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Idk what that is but I'll check for it tomorrow lol.

Keep it coming! Maybe I'll make a few stops tomorrow lol

According to the $xx.x8 sets on this page: http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=lego star wars&keywords=lego star wars&origkw=LEGO+Star+Wars&sr=1&ff=Taxonomy&fg=Category&fd=&fv=2254197&ppg=96, the clearanced sets are (price before clearance discount):

75140 Resistance Troop Transporter - $43.98

75103 First Order Troop Transporter - $55.98

75109 Obi-Wan - $15.98

75096 Sith Infiltrator - $59.98

Non-SW:

70325 Nexo Knights Infernox Captures the Queen - $14.98

70318 Nexo Knights Beast Master Chaos Chariot - $19.98

70313 Nexo Knights Moltor's Lava Smasher - $14.98

70316 Nexo Knights Jestro's Evil Mobile - $49.98

70311 Nexo Knights Chaos Catapult - $7.98

70310 Nexo Knights Knighton Battle Blaster - $7.98

70334 Nexo Knights Ultimate Beast Master - $6.98

70331 Nexo Knights Ultimate Macy - $7.98

70335 Nexo Knights Ultimate Lavaria - $7.98

60090 City Deep Sea Scuba Scooter - $4.98

60126 City Tire Escape - $4.98

60105 City Fire ATV - $4.98

Ninjago Kai & Morro Battle Pack - $3.98

70736 Ninjago Attack of the Morro Dragon - $49.98

70735 Ninjago Ronin R.E.X. - $39.98

70743 Ninjago Airjitzu Moro Spinner - $7.98

70744 Ninjago Airjitzu Wrayth Spinner - $7.98

70787 Bionicle Tahu Master of Fire - $17.98

76049 SH Avenjet Space Mission - $49.98

LEGO Friends Co-Pack (41026, 41029, 41039) - $79.98

41033 Friends Jungle Falls Rescue - $14.98

70160 Ultra Agents Riverside Raid - $9.98

70163 Ultra Agents Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown - $31.98

70164 Ultra Agents Hurricane Heist - $59.98

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Phil B said:

There might be a market brewing for these physical coupons if you're so inclined... I asked for a 20% coupon today and they had no idea what I was talking about.  I had to 'spend' the one coupon I had.  I have another TRU to hit on Thursday and I have visions of $27 Sith Infiltrators dancing in my head.

• Like 1

O M G what a hassle. I really can't stand TRU. From their dirty stores to their "workers" was there like an hour trying to buy stuff....they didn't give me the 20% off coupon on the SW sets (even though she said she did) they emailed me the receipt and when I got to the car it wasn't there....

Went back in and they acted like I was robbing the place had 4 employees working on...was like "I can just return the stuff really it's fine"...I got the 26 dollars back (the difference) but wow what an ordeal. Nothing beats Walmart (on the shelf and they scan it...end of story) need magic, exciters time machine, blood, half an eaten donut just to get like 10% off...

I'll post what I bought under the right thread when I get home.....

• Like 2

11 hours ago, FM said:

There might be a market brewing for these physical coupons if you're so inclined... I asked for a 20% coupon today and they had no idea what I was talking about.  I had to 'spend' the one coupon I had.  I have another TRU to hit on Thursday and I have visions of $27 Sith Infiltrators dancing in my head.

At the store I went to, it looked like they had just been physically removing the coupons and placing the flyers on the counter.  You could see the plastic film on the flyer from where the coupon had been removed.  So I just asked and the CS rep gave me the coupon from behind the counter.  As  always, YMMV.

At the store I went to, it looked like they had just been physically removing the coupons and placing the flyers on the counter.  You could see the plastic film on the flyer from where the coupon had been removed.  So I just asked and the CS rep gave me the coupon from behind the counter.  As  always, YMMV.

I had the coupon. I used the coupon (one transaction) I confirmed (I get additional 20% off all items ending in 0-8) etc.

No wonder their stores are so stocked...no one buys anything there. They had 60 Naboo fighters. Like 40 rebel X wing. List goes on...

I guess on the flip side that's why we need to do this "magic" to get decent prices.
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

O M G what a hassle. I really can't stand TRU. From their dirty stores to their "workers" was there like an hour trying to buy stuff....they didn't give me the 20% off coupon on the SW sets (even though she said she did) they emailed me the receipt and when I got to the car it wasn't there....

Went back in and they acted like I was robbing the place had 4 employees working on...was like "I can just return the stuff really it's fine"...I got the 26 dollars back (the difference) but wow what an ordeal. Nothing beats Walmart (on the shelf and they scan it...end of story) need magic, exciters time machine, blood, half an eaten donut just to get like 10% off...

I'll post what I bought under the right thread when I get home.....

I know it's a hassle but you need to pre-calculate your purchases when applying multiple discounts before heading to the register. More often than not, the cashier will screw up the series of button presses up and miss one of the discounts... the most common one being TRUTH which they can't seem to get right. Before you pay, you can press "VIEW ITEMS" on the CC reader and double check that the prices are on the up and up before following through. Try to go when there isn't a huge line behind you or take the purchase up to the customer service desk. They usually place the more experienced employees there.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, pete411 said:

I know it's a hassle but you need to pre-calculate your purchases when applying multiple discounts before heading to the register. More often than not, the cashier will screw up the series of button presses up and miss one of the discounts... the most common one being TRUTH which they can't seem to get right. Before you pay, you can press "VIEW ITEMS" on the CC reader and double check that the prices are on the up and up before following through. Try to go when there isn't a huge line behind you or take the purchase up to the customer service desk. They usually place the more experienced employees there.

Agreed.  I had the calculator out on my phone and verified the prices of each and then the total with the CS rep before we started the parade of GCs/TRUCC.

I'm kind of a noob at this so I'm hoping someone can help me confirm that I got shorted on some discounts yesterday and it's not just something I misunderstood. Went in yesterday and picked up a Resistance Troop Transporter and the last Sith Infiltrator on the shelf. Both had clearance tags and I checked them both with a scanner (I think RTT was either $44 or $45 and SI was $65 or $60). Looking at my receipt, it looks like I got 2 20% discounts applied to the original price for each, so RTT went $55-$11-$8.80=$35.20 and SI went $75-$15-$12=$48. I should've been able to get sale price then compounding 20%'s off right?

3 minutes ago, rolltide2014 said:

I'm kind of a noob at this so I'm hoping someone can help me confirm that I got shorted on some discounts yesterday and it's not just something I misunderstood. Went in yesterday and picked up a Resistance Troop Transporter and the last Sith Infiltrator on the shelf. Both had clearance tags and I checked them both with a scanner (I think RTT was either $44 or $45 and SI was $65 or $60). Looking at my receipt, it looks like I got 2 20% discounts applied to the original price for each, so RTT went $55-$11-$8.80=$35.20 and SI went $75-$15-$12=$48. I should've been able to get sale price then compounding 20%'s off right?

$44 - 20% = $35.20 and $60 - 20% = $48

Looks correct to me

15 minutes ago, rolltide2014 said:

If you used the additional 20% clearance coupon only then thats the right price...A lot of the chatter around here the last couple days have also included the TRU gift cards that were 20% off on ebay so a lot of people have been factoring that in as well.

3 minutes ago, amrandazz said:

If you used the additional 20% clearance coupon only then thats the right price...A lot of the chatter around here the last couple days have also included the TRU gift cards that were 20% off on ebay so a lot of people have been factoring that in as well.

I just factored in the TRU clearance coupon magic.  The rest of the magic is up to you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

$44 - 20% = $35.20 and $60 - 20% = $48

Looks correct to me

Sorry I think I left out some key info in my original post...I was trying to stack clearance price (which may have coincidentally been 20% off MSRP for both) with the 20% off SW Lego sale with the 20% of clearance coupon I got from customer service.

3 minutes ago, rolltide2014 said:

Sorry I think I left out some key info in my original post...I was trying to stack clearance price (which may have coincidentally been 20% off MSRP for both) with the 20% off SW Lego sale with the 20% of clearance coupon I got from customer service.

Yes, they were originally marked down when tagged as clearance, so you received all the discounts.  The RTT was originally marked down 30%.