KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Don't throw away your old, expired (but not used) coupons just yet .... I just went through my list and somehow KMart is not expiring my older coupons. I could apply ones with expiration dates as early as 4/22 to my cart without problems.

I never throw them away, they just disappear. Do you record the numbers to use later?

5 minutes ago, donbee said:

I never throw them away, they just disappear. Do you record the numbers to use later?

Yes. I keep a spreadsheet with coupon codes and expiration dates. The whole "load to your account" thing only gave me headaches, and this way I never lose a coupon.

• Like 1

Lately whenever I add any coupons, my surprise points disappear regardless of how much I spend above the threshold.  Is this happening for everyone now? I used to always be able to combine them.

yes seems like all surprise point offers now exclude coupons. one advantage of surprise points though is they still work on hot buys, unlike most coupons.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MinifigW said:

Run. Stacks with additional 50% off.

Also, this is my 700th post here!

Congrats on #700!  Did your store have any new sets on clearance?  Mine was wiped out last week, so I'm thinking a trip could be futile.

13 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Congrats on #700!  Did your store have any new sets on clearance?  Mine was wiped out last week, so I'm thinking a trip could be futile.

They had two 70142 left. Paid $23 after magic and earned $17 in points supposedly posting tomorrow!

4 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Have $175 in my Kmart shopping cart....help with any $ off coupon ??  Using points to make this purchase. I only have 10 off 100

Is it one big item, or several smaller ones? If it's the latter, it's better to break your purchases into smaller chunks and use more effective coupons. $10 off $100 is only 10% off, if you have access to a $10 off $50 (20% off), $10 off $20 (50% off) or $5 off $20 (25% off) use those first. Even the publicly available $10 off $75 from the mobile coupon site would give you $20 off $175 if you manage to split the purchase into two $75+ chunks.

And if it is a single item, try to look for a 15% off 1 toy coupon ....

Just now, Phil B said:

Is it one big item, or several smaller ones? If it's the latter, it's better to break your purchases into smaller chunks and use more effective coupons. $10 off $100 is only 10% off, if you have access to a $10 off $50 (20% off), $10 off $20 (50% off) or $5 off $20 (25% off) use those first. Even the publicly available $10 off $75 from the mobile coupon site would give you $20 off $175 if you manage to split the purchase into two $75+ chunks.

And if it is a single item, try to look for a 15% off 1 toy coupon ....

It was 2 bikes for my boys..... but I did manage to find a 15 off 150 coupon which helped !

Thank you =)

On 4/29/2017 at 7:46 PM, Tgnmonster said:

Not directly LEGO related, but in-store at Sears, their clearance men's shirts are all giving back 100% in points, plus bonus points. So if you need some clothes, and can find things you like, they're basically free.

points.PNG

How did you find this out? Went to my Sears to look at clothing, but couldn't see any signs. Tried scanning tags with the SYW app, but all it did was show the product from Kohl's third-party listing. Is there a way you can see what you're going to earn so you can pick the best deal?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil B said:

How did you find this out? Went to my Sears to look at clothing, but couldn't see any signs. Tried scanning tags with the SYW app, but all it did was show the product from Kohl's third-party listing. Is there a way you can see what you're going to earn so you can pick the best deal?

May be a ymmv. We were in the men's section, and they had signs on all the shirt clearance racks advertising 100% back in points. Almost all the men's shorts were tagged as $4.00 back in points on each pair. I'll snag some pics when I go through there tomorrow.