KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

1 minute ago, KvHulk said:

I wish I knew why it doesn't work for me. If I got a reply, any reply, at least I'd have something to work with. Oh well. Thanks, Phil.

Check with your cell service provider. Sometimes they put a block on these text messages - I had this for a while where I would never get Two-tier authentication messages from a bunch of popular services. Called T-Mobile and they told me I had a block activated by their system - and they lifted it for me right there and then. Have not had any issues since.

• Like 1

“Poor Old fool,” thought the well-dressed gentleman as he watched an old man fish in a puddle outside a pub. So he invited the old man inside for a drink. As they sipped their whiskeys, the gentleman thought he’d humor the old man and asked, “So how many have you caught today?”

The old man replied, “You’re the eighth.”

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, FM said:

Did you hear the one about the midget psychic that escaped from prison?  The headline read "Small Medium at Large".

Congrats @FM, you're this weeks winner! Stay tuned, you never know when another flash challenge could pop up! (Yes, I'm gonna make this a thing )

Its like a Bluelight Special, but better!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Congrats @FM, you're this weeks winner! Stay tuned, you never know when another flash challenge could pop up! (Yes, I'm gonna make this a thing )

Its like a Bluelight Special, but better!

Thanks... We need some late-night entertainment on the West Coast.  I can't wait to see if this coupon stacks with some other points offers.  $20 on 30 + $10 on 40 + $10 on 30... If I make a $50 purchase with a coupon, they'll owe me a Lego set and $40 in points for $5 out of pocket!

Just now, FM said:

Thanks... We need some late-night entertainment on the West Coast.  I can't wait to see if this coupon stacks with some other points offers.  $20 on 30 + $10 on 40 + $10 on 30... If I make a $50 purchase with a coupon, they'll owe me a Lego set and $40 in points for $5 out of pocket!

It will supersede the $10 back on $40 and will not stack with any other points back coupons, but will stack with a $10 off $50. So max you will get is $20 back on $30 or $20 back on $40 after $10/50 

Sorry, I'm not a level 9 SYW wizard folks :(

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

It will supersede the $10 back on $40 and will not stack with any other points back coupons, but will stack with a $10 off $50. So max you will get is $20 back on $30 or $20 back on $40 after $10/50 

Sorry, I'm not a level 9 SYW wizard folks :(

Thanks.  I wonder if it'll stack with my $10/30 in-store promo.  I just picked up Lighthouse Point (RRP $59.99) on sale for $50.xx less $5 coupon, plus 10 back on $40, plus 10 back on $30 for net ~$19 + tax.

You guys need to fix your accounting. Points back don't count towards your current purchase, but bring down the cost of your next purchase :) So in @FM's last purchase, he got a Lighthouse Point for $45 (minus any points he may have used), with $20+ back in points for his next purchase.

6 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

Yeah these were all new numbers never registered before.

screenshot_20170425-060438_720.png

Not intended to diss on your deal, but the way I read this is "$10 back on $20", not "$10 off $20". Which is a big difference, because I like my KMart LEGO _free_ :)

Just now, Phil B said:

Not intended to diss on your deal, but the way I read this is "$10 back on $20", not "$10 off $20". Which is a big difference, because I like my KMart LEGO _free_ :)

It reads like that but it is a $10 off $20, the $10 off $50 says the same thing. Even the terms refer to "earned points expiring in 90 days". Usual Kmart shenanigans

• Like 1

Just now, MinifigW said:

It reads like that but it is a $10 off $20, the $10 off $50 says the same thing. Even the terms refer to "earned points expiring in 90 days". Usual Kmart shenanigans

Not sure - what about the "Points valid on next purchase" text?

2 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I hope you used that coupon before you posted it.

He removed the last digits :)

• Like 2

If Kmart cancels an order that you used a giftcard on, about how long does it take for the balance to show up on the giftcard?

They refunded points quickly and issued an additional giftcard quickly, but I'm still short and the CSR said it would go on the original giftcard.  At least I think that's what she said.

2 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

If Kmart cancels an order that you used a giftcard on, about how long does it take for the balance to show up on the giftcard?

They refunded points quickly and issued an additional giftcard quickly, but I'm still short and the CSR said it would go on the original giftcard.  At least I think that's what she said.

just keep calling or using chat.  One time I had to do chat 4 times to get close enough to full refund to not care anymore (still never got the tax back).  though the first time was to tell them that the order was stuck in their warehouse, which they promptly told me well its out of stock. I did not bother asking why they generate a shipment for an item they do not have in stock, but they do it all the time.  really I have stopped using gift cards since the 5-10% off is not worth the hassle.  

I think the real problem is their system is horrible at keeping track of all the gcs, coupons and points back.  and when a rep goes to process a refund they often can not figure out what the actual payments were.  I know when I am logging my sales, I often have to jump all over the place to figure it out.  including occasionally looking at the credit card charges directly.  I think the reps have the same crap to deal with...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I've had instances where they were supposed to refund  to my credit card and I'd miraculously receive a gift card in the mail a few weeks later.

• Like 4