KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

14 minutes ago, FM said:

Sorry if I missed it, but where is the $10 off 40 offer?

Its a $10 back on $40 sitewide offer. Stacks with some points back coupons:

Member earn $10 in points on a $40 or more storewide purchase. Points valid for 14 days. Qualifying purchase excludes clearance; gift cards; non-merchandise; concessions; federal or state regulated items; alcohol; tobacco; fuel; items behind the pharmacy counter; prescriptions; prior and online purchases; partial-paid special order items; Lands' End; Scrubology; Nicki Minaj and Adam Levine Collections and Sears merchandise. :  Qualifying total spend is calculated on purchase price of item(s) less discounts and coupons, not including taxes, and must be made in a single transaction.  Savings pro-rated across all qualifying items; including qualifying items purchased in addition to the minimum requirements or limits and will be deducted from any refund. By accepting Shop Your Way member benefits and offers, you agree to Shop Your Way terms and conditions, available at shopyourway.com/terms.  Shop Your Way members earn points on qualifying purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees.

• Like 1

While everyone is busy driving from one Barnes & Noble to another, I thought I'd share my purchases today:

Needed 3 new tires for my car (4th one was still good as it had been replaced recently). Goodyear tires are on sale (25% off) at Sears.com. Got them for $315 before tax after discounted GCs (RRP at Sears and at my garage $455 before tax). No coupons applied as "these items are already being sold at the lowest price the manufacturer allows". Then I applied my 20% back in points Gold VIP benefit. $75 back in points. Interestingly enough, points posted immediately, so I ordered $100 MSRP in LEGO sets at 20-30% off, plus $10 off $75 coupon, for $67, paid entirely with points.

Discount brand name tires with free LEGO, not a bad deal.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, FM said:

Check coupon page - A new $5 off $20 coupon popped up today for me.

6 hours ago, zskid00 said:

If it's the same one I got it's good for toys, but in store only.

It works fine for me when placing an online order for pickup at Sears. BTW, got the coupon only on 1 of my accounts, not sure why the other account doesn't show it.

Good morning everybody, time for another Wild Wins Wednesday! No Doorbuster yet, but for a quick $1 doorbuster, check your Win It! app, make sure it has been updated recently, and look at the right top corner of the Win It! game grid. There should be a label saying "Bonus Game" with a Yellow circling star. Press it, then press the green button to start a bonus game. Gave me points, plus a $1 DB. (The green button was 75% hidden under a Google Ad that I couldn't remove, but still pressable).

• Like 5

On 4/16/2017 at 11:28 PM, MinifigW said:

Well I'll be damned. The $10 back on $40 offer seems to be working multiple times. This is gonna be a long night.

I'm waiting for my first order to ship so that I can use the $10 I get from that on my next order to get another $10.  

If I place a $40 order and use points against the $40, do I still get the $10 back?  or do I have to spend $40 on my credit card to be able to use the $10 back offer?

4 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

I'm waiting for my first order to ship so that I can use the $10 I get from that on my next order to get another $10.  

If I place a $40 order and use points against the $40, do I still get the $10 back?  or do I have to spend $40 on my credit card to be able to use the $10 back offer?

Your total has to be over $40 before tax in order to receive $10 back.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2017 at 8:28 PM, MinifigW said:

Well I'll be damned. The $10 back on $40 offer seems to be working multiple times. This is gonna be a long night.

That coupon is gone as of today right? I cannot find it, I've texted the offer numbers and searched SYW and K-Mart

5 minutes ago, jonnyhanukkah said:

so it doesn't matter if I'm using points as part of the payment?

Nope, not if your plan was to say buy a $45 item and use $5 in points to get it down to $40.  

I am no expert and still learning through the apprenticeship of studs like @MinifigW , @Phil B, and @Sfcommando14, but there are other methods to sweeten the deal so that you never use your own credit card on freelego.com.  

For example, on Monday I was able to get the 75156 Krennic Shuttle for $48.05 after tax with $49.57 back in points thanks to purchasing a GC through a certain affiliate.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Nope, not if your plan was to say buy a $45 item and use $5 in points to get it down to $40.  

I am no expert and still learning through the apprenticeship of studs like @MinifigW , @Phil B, and @Sfcommando14, but there are other methods to sweeten the deal so that you never use your own credit card on freelego.com.  

For example, on Monday I was able to get the 75156 Krennic Shuttle for $48.05 after tax with $49.57 back in points thanks to purchasing a GC through a certain affiliate.

So basically you bought a GC through an affiliate in SYW, earned $49.57 in points... and then used that for a free set?

Did I get that right? haha OR was the affiliate link not through SYW?