KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Not sure how easy this will be to replicate for everyone else, but I had to share this one:

Technic Ultralight Helicopter #42057 x5

Sale $15.99 Reg $19.99

4-Cube Wire Storage Unit Set x1 (will come in handy)

Reg $19.99

MAGIC:

+$20 back in SYW Points when you spend $60 coupon (From PS ;) )

+$15 back in points when you spend $60 SYWM offer

+$3 (5%) back for store pickup

-$15 off $75 coupon (It stacked ?)

-$24.00 in points

-$2.50 Discounted GC

Subtotal: $60.xx (57.50 counting GC) = $63.00 after tax

58e12f5b55348_ScreenShot2017-04-02at10_05_07AM.png.0fee581b6a265a68b1d67fddcacb3d1b.png

Ended up earning:

$38.05 in direct points

$10.00 Fount GC bonus

$3.70  GC 8%

$13.25 from a certain cash back site that will not be named (14% back yesterday :0 )

Total cost: -$2.00? :D

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 7

8 hours ago, MinifigW said:

Not sure how easy this will be to replicate for everyone else, but I had to share this one:

Technic Ultralight Helicopter #42057 x5

Sale $15.99 Reg $19.99

4-Cube Wire Storage Unit Set x1 (will come in handy)

Reg $19.99

MAGIC:

+$20 back in SYW Points when you spend $60 coupon (From PS ;) )

+$15 back in points when you spend $60 SYWM offer

+$3 (5%) back for store pickup

-$15 off $75 coupon (It stacked 1f601.png)

-$24.00 in points

-$2.50 Discounted GC

Subtotal: $60.xx (57.50 counting GC) = $63.00 after tax

58e12f5b55348_ScreenShot2017-04-02at10_05_07AM.png.0fee581b6a265a68b1d67fddcacb3d1b.png

Ended up earning:

$38.05 in direct points

$10.00 Fount GC bonus

$3.70  GC 8%

$13.25 from a certain cash back site that will not be named (14% back yesterday :0 )

Total cost: -$2.00? :D

Nope, total cost $65.66 (or perhaps $52.41 if that "cash back site" really gave you cash back, not some sort of voucher or reward or something). The other $51.75 will count towards your next purchase, just like your $24 did towards this one :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

Nope, total cost $65.66 (or perhaps $52.41 if that "cash back site" really gave you cash back, not some sort of voucher or reward or something). The other $51.75 will count towards your next purchase, just like your $24 did towards this one :)

I know, I never actually count earned points in my total. That was purely for demonstration purposes. My total cost per set (not including the storage unit) was $8.60. The cash back and points earned not included. I will have a combined $65.95 returned to me in the form of cash back and points, which will be used to get a discount on a future purchase.

The cash back is from the usual site, I didn't mention it for fear of having my post removed by a mod.

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 3

Yesterday I actually went to a Kmart and had a bit of a fail experience.  I did well, but had both kids with me and forgot to log out and use generic coupons for my last couple transactions...I'm still learning.  But I bought:

5x Titanium Dragons @ $16 each

9x Mask Maker vs Skull Warriors @ $12 each

3x Mystery Machines @ $15 each (used $35 in points to lower my buy-in)

Now that my head is clear I need to place pickup orders for the 8x FO Snowspeeders with coupons, but those should come out to ~$16 each after tax

• Like 8

Another question for in-store transactions:  Do loaded coupons on your account take priority over surprise points offers?  

I walked up to the register with 2x 60067 Helicopter Pursuits & 1x 70748 Titanium Dragon ($19/each = $57 total) thinking I would use my $9 off $55 surprise points offer plus SYW magic.  The system instead used my $5 off $20 toys coupon and 5% off one single toy instead.  The cashier's mind was on something other than ensuring I could maximize the deal, so I just caved and bought them to prevent the forming line behind me from possibly murdering me.

So, in short, do I need to clear account of coupons if wanting to use surprise points in-store?

If it hasn't been mentioned, check your SYW offers.  I got the '25% back in points on a single transaction up to $150' offer for April.  I don't see anything as tempting as the 30-50% points offers like last month though.  And if you have one, remember - it's only for ONE transaction ($150 off $600).

swyn.jpg

Edited by FM

36 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Another question for in-store transactions:  Do loaded coupons on your account take priority over surprise points offers? 

So, in short, do I need to clear account of coupons if wanting to use surprise points in-store?

YMMV. Sometimes the coupons apply automatically, sometimes you have to ask the clerk to manually apply them, likewise with surprise points. Seems like they have at least some discretion for overriding things.

And if it doesn't work out at the cashier, you can always go to the customer service desk. Worst case is you ask for a refund and then get them to apply the best combination of available offers.

55 minutes ago, carini26 said:

I walked up to the register with 2x 60067 Helicopter Pursuits & 1x 70748 Titanium Dragon ($19/each = $57 total) thinking I would use my $9 off $55 surprise points offer plus SYW magic.  The system instead used my $5 off $20 toys coupon and 5% off one single toy instead.  The cashier's mind was on something other than ensuring I could maximize the deal, so I just caved and bought them to prevent the forming line behind me from possibly murdering me.

$9 off $55 is an online only offer.

3 hours ago, carini26 said:

Nope.  Thinking coupons may supersede any surprise points offers.

kmart.PNG

Interesting. On my accounts the $9 off $55 is always an online only offer.

It may be prudent to tell them that you are redeeming surprise points beforehand, I know the registers have separate screens for points related redemptions and coupons. I've had coupons loaded to my account before, but because I always tell them beforehand if I'm using SP offers I have personally never had a problem.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Interesting. On my accounts the $9 off $55 is always an online only offer.

It may be prudent to tell them that you are redeeming surprise points beforehand, I know the registers have separate screens for points related redemptions and coupons. I've had coupons loaded to my account before, but because I always tell them beforehand if I'm using SP offers I have personally never had a problem.

For me, surprise points won't show up on their till if you have them scan a coupon.

My KMT is now at 50% off clearance toys.  And they even had a ton of name brand toys at the front of the store on blue light special for $1.  Too bad no Legos.  After coupon, surprise points and point redemption, I was able to get a 41101 Heartlake Grand Hotel for $34.  (Box has some shelf wear but otherwise is pretty good, seals fine).  Also found two 41077 (Elves Pegasus Sleigh) for $8 each.

I left behind some Chima and smaller City sets.  

If I make it back in the next week, I'll try for some more sets.  For some reason, they have Lego in two locations, and I noticed more on clearance this week than the prior weeks.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, thelovemachine said:

Quick Q, still a newb with those.  Thx for Phil B always helping me out!

What's best way to get Phantom for personal?  Seems it's a couple bucks off right now.

$5/20 coupon. $7/25 SP if you have one. $5/20 MIGHT stack with a 15% off one toy coupon if the system is being generous.

I'm compiling a list of items on clearance in store for the Kmart clearance thread. If anyone has seen others please post it there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thelovemachine said:

Quick Q, still a newb with those.  Thx for Phil B always helping me out!

What's best way to get Phantom for personal?  Seems it's a couple bucks off right now.

$5/20 stacked with $10 back on $20 worked for me, plus enough points to get it to exactly $20. "Only" 33% off though, but $10 for your next purchase. Paying it forward to yourself.

• Like 1