KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Had some coupon and surprise point fun today. Wanted to use a $5 off $20 and $10 back on $20 coupon on each of my accounts, plus my Sweeps winnings. As I was checking options I noticed I had a $5 surprise points on $10 purchase offer on one of my accounts as well. Ultimately I managed to apply the following:

1x Friends Pool - $39.99 - $10 back on $20 + 15% off 1 toy + $8.37 in sweeps winnings = $25.62 (50% off of $49.99 MSRP), with $10 back in points

1x Friends Arcade - $11.84 - $5 surprise points + $3.44 in sweeps winnings = $3.40 (77% off of $14.99 MSRP)

1x SW Phantom - $28.96 - $5 off $20 + $10 back on $20 + 3.95 in points = $20.01 ("only" 33% off of $29.99 MSRP), with $10 back in points

Still have a $5 off $20 left, which I hope to use when the $10 on one of my orders gets posted (hopefully they ship one of them tomorrow as the coupon expires on Friday), so I can get another $20 set for $5 :)

Oh, and paid with a Sears GC which I bought at Meijer, for which I got a $5 reward posted to my account.

So net, $49 plus tax out-of-pocket for $95 in sets, plus $20 in points, plus $5 in Meijer rewards.

Figured I post it here instead of annoying everyone in the "What LEGO did you buy today?" thread.

• Like 3

So I purchased the Tie Striker for $57+ and applied the "$15 back on $50 purchase", and after applying "$5 off $35" coupon and SYW points was out of pocket $28+.  I received the set (surprisingly intact in a shipper box ?) but didn't receive the 15000 points.  Did I misread the SYW magic strategies described in previous pages and am I supposed to be $50 out of pocket for the coupon to work?  Would someone please confirm?  Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, The Rookie said:

So I purchased the Tie Striker for $57+ and applied the "$15 back on $50 purchase", and after applying "$5 off $35" coupon and SYW points was out of pocket $28+.  I received the set (surprisingly intact in a shipper box 1f609.png) but didn't receive the 15000 points.  Did I misread the SYW magic strategies described in previous pages and am I supposed to be $50 out of pocket for the coupon to work?  Would someone please confirm?  Thanks in advance.

The $15 back on $50, your final price has to be over $50, so if you took it under $50 with points it would no longer apply.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jerphisch said:

The $15 back on $50, your final price has to be over $50, so if you took it under $50 with points it would no longer apply.

Until about a month ago it was easy to check this, as the checkout screen would show your earned points before you finalized your order. They made a change and now you "fly blind", so you need to remember this rule. You can also go back to your order and shipping confirmation emails, those mention the earned points as well and I would recommend you read those as soon as you place your order.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 1

Got a $10 off $10 in-store only coupon when I bought a Blue Express and Mighty Dinosaurs for points in-store today.

And this is showing up in the Offerbase:

• Get an instant $5 in Surprise Points (5,000 points) when you spend $10 or more on qualifying items with Sears or Kmart, and redeem any amount of your current pointsValid through April 07, 2017 11:59 PM CDT
  • Redeem $5 in surprise points (5,000 points) when making a Kmart toys purchase of $40 or more.Valid through April 05, 2017 11:59 PM CDT
  • Redeem $5 in surprise points (5,000 points) when making a Sears or Kmart purchase of $35 or more.

Points earned will be added to your Shop Your Way account and can be used on your next purchase.

Edited by mizeur
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I lowballed for another City Passenger Terminal w/ $15 off coupon.

70909 looks pretty tempting with this offer - $67.34 before tax (33% off) after $15 off $75 plus $20 back in points (with my 20% VIP benefit)

EDIT: 60110 Firestation is probably the best deal though: $62 (>40% off) plus $19 back in points

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

I'm seeing 60097 Town Square for $119 in my cart right now after $140 sale price and a 15% off 1 toy coupon (40% off), plus $31 back in points (would have been $37 if I was Platinum VIP). Hmmmm .....

Is the 15% targeted or available to everyone?

Also does this type of offer stack with $20 back in point offers?

Screenshot_2017-04-01-20-41-40.png

2 minutes ago, Jman444 said:

Is the 15% targeted or available to everyone?

Also does this type of offer stack with $20 back in point offers?

Screenshot_2017-04-01-20-41-40.png

Yes it should You may have to email SYW to get the 10% bonus however. Its a fickle offer.

15% is for VIP members only.

• Like 1