KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

6 hours ago, pete411 said:

Coupons seem to be working again. We're back in business!

We may be back in business, but they may not be. I would use any points as soon as possible. My profit margin is going to miss them. I don't know anyone else nice enough to give me free LEGO.

www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/03/21/sears-says-substantial-doubt-can-stay-business/99479726/

8 hours ago, pete411 said:

Coupons seem to be working again. We're back in business!

Not for me:

58d2741dae1f2_Screenshotfrom2017-03-2208-52-41.thumb.png.cfbb2ddbc904ed41906136e049c28c0a.png

Luckily I pre-applied the coupons I want to use today, and have their codes saved in a spreadsheet, but I cannot see my surprise points (don't think I have any that apply anyway) nor can I see my coupons to apply. Have already logged out and back in again. Using the Sign In button does absolutely nothing - after filling in credentials you get back to exactly the same screen. I've had this before, typically with much worse login problems, so I'm not going to play with it for fear of locking myself out.

4 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

We may be back in business, but they may not be. I would use any points as soon as possible. My profit margin is going to miss them. I don't know anyone else nice enough to give me free LEGO.

www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2017/03/21/sears-says-substantial-doubt-can-stay-business/99479726/

Meh. People have been predicting the fall or SHC for a decade now. Every time they get in a pinch however fast Eddie finds some way to borrow his way out of it. I highly doubt Sears will fold that quickly, they would probably just sell of a bunch more stores to raise the cash. I hate to be the "defender of Sears" but at least where I am they are making a comeback. Our Kmart stores got a remodel somewhat recently (they look pretty good now, better than my Walmarts), are fully stocked (they are moving stuff all around the store, just finished resetting the toy section and it is stocked full) and are actually busy (always a good amount of cars in the parking lot and patrons in line, not Target size crowds but improving). Our main Sears is ALWAYS crowded and they popped up these tiny appliance showrooms around me that are brand new. 

Customer service wise I have never really had a problem. SYW customer service is incredible (take notes TRU) and that keeps customers like me coming back (if that's good for them is another question)

if you asked me about Sears/ Kmart one year ago I would have laughed and said "I hope they just die already", but honest to god they've turned me around. 

Now if their cost cutting measures and "turnaround strategy" fails this year, it will most probably be their last. That sucks, as I've been getting most of my inventory from them, which again has allowed me to continue my everyday low price strategy that I've been relying on. (sure as hell beats stalking Walmarts for 1/2 of the year for semi decent clearance hauls, which would be my backup if things go south)

• Like 1

I'm a total noob when it comes to SYW, but I've bought a few sets to try and figure it out since you all are always raving about free LEGO.

Earlier today I had a couple items in my cart that totaled ~$38 and it said I would get ~$14 back in points, but when I just checked it's back down to 10%.  Was there a special promo going on, I know I didn't have a coupon to enable anything like that, but I have no idea why it was so high relative to now.

2 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I'm a total noob when it comes to SYW, but I've bought a few sets to try and figure it out since you all are always raving about free LEGO.

Earlier today I had a couple items in my cart that totaled ~$38 and it said I would get ~$14 back in points, but when I just checked it's back down to 10%.  Was there a special promo going on, I know I didn't have a coupon to enable anything like that, but I have no idea why it was so high relative to now.

That's SYW for ya. Probably had a coupon that got removed somehow. Try all three sites just in case.

Check your coupon center, this is a new one:

58d31bcf3d5a6_ScreenShot2017-03-22at5_49_12PM.png.a931e491c68a0bf0ad294b8734ba2ab4.png

EDIT: in store only.

Edited by MinifigW
  • Like 2