KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm referring to this.

It might be regional.  I went to 2 Kmart stores yesterday, neither had the sign up.  I spent more than $30 at each store on non clearance sets but I did not see any additional pending points on my account.  I did used coupons and points on both purchases

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I get those all the time, "New coupons have arrived!"  I already got the same email on Monday...

Sometimes they're worth keeping - if you look closer, you might find that the expiration date on the coupons has changed, which means it's a new coupon. I activate those once I have used the old one.

8 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Sometimes it's the same coupon too.

That's why I used the word "might" :). This one annoys me too ... I get this about once a week, and it never pays the promised $5, nor do I win anything in the associated Instant Win game .....

58cacdcf4b1cb_Screenshotfrom2017-03-1613-36-52.png.5749637be8b8311f6db2ebf6b3915edb.png

• Like 1

Red Wheel (http://www.shopyourway.com/app/16250/l) is paying out for me today:
On my primary SYW account:
58c72b795729a_Screenshotfrom2017-03-1319-29-18.png.85b7451e3d348cc37cca1077e123ce63.png
So I'm bragging here
Did win 950 points in various random sweeps for a total of $1.

Then I switched over to my secondary account, and won exactly $0 by playing all Sweeps. Decided to give the Red Wheel a whirl there too, and got this:
58c72b7ac42b0_Screenshotfrom2017-03-1319-27-04.png.137b09ffada3b7b8bab08bf418c411e1.png
Not complaining

Had to go back three pages. Made my own sticky =)
Got 100 points this time. Double!

Oh, another thing. I've been doing some research, and those with the $10 back/30 in store toy promo should be worried. From what I've read, those kind of points back limited store promos are a good indication that they are on the chopping block for store closures. Stores on the chopping block will usually start these kind of promos a month or more before they start the closing procedure. Next hint would be that they discontinue corporate ad promos and stop accepting new layaway. Keep an eye out.

this of course could be wrong, but from what I've read this is usually the signs.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Oh, another thing. I've been doing some research, and those with the $10 back/30 in store toy promo should be worried. From what I've read, those kind of points back limited store promos are a good indication that they are on the chopping block for store closures. Stores on the chopping block will usually start these kind of promos a month or more before they start the closing procedure. Next hint would be that they discontinue corporate ad promos and stop accepting new layaway. Keep an eye out.

this of course could be wrong, but from what I've read this is usually the signs.

Thanks- that's great information.  I talked to another local store and they said that they aren't running the promo and it's on a store-by-store basis.  And it comes on the heels of another KMart a few miles away that closed this week... Add in the fact that it runs through July and it all adds up.  I've got to go visit the toy dept manager that has helped me out with prices in the past.  I know that once the liquidator takes control, the stock has changed hands and store management has zero power.

53 minutes ago, redghostx said:

What a terrible time to have to pay attention to a problem at work.  I gave the coupon away to the first person (BrickLegacy), but I'm not really buying Lego from Kmart for the next month so I'll keep an eye out for other $20 coupons, if I get any.

Thanks for the hookup.  Coupon worked like a charm!

• Like 3