KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

On 3/14/2017 at 5:35 PM, MinifigW said:

Sure as hell isn't online. I'm pretty sure that's just the fine print that's pre-printed on the "Member special" tags and signs, in which they print the actual offer over it. I've seen that done with "clearance" signs.

Nice score FM. I would personally pick up some of the Lego movie sets that where in store on Sunday for 10-15% off, get to $50 then use a $10/50 and $10 in points to get to exactly $30.

I went back and cleaned out anything that looked decent on the $10 points on $30 purchase promo... Coupled with $5/35 coupon its basically 40% cross the board & GC pays for sales tax.

$16 (2) Iron Skull Submarine
$3 (2) Creator smalls   
$17 (2) Elves Lava Cave (On sale at every KMart for $29.94 right now... couples well with any SYW/coupons you have available)
$6 (2) Mighty Micros: Wonder Woman vs. Doomsday

I'll pop in once a week... If any kind of real sale happens in the next few months I'll be smiling.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FM said:

I went back and cleaned out anything that looked decent on the $10 points on $30 purchase promo... Coupled with $5/35 coupon its basically 40% cross the board & GC pays for sales tax.

$16 (2) Iron Skull Submarine
$3 (2) Creator smalls   
$17 (2) Elves Lava Cave (On sale at every KMart for $29.94 right now... couples well with any SYW/coupons you have available)
$6 (2) Mighty Micros: Wonder Woman vs. Doomsday

I'll pop in once a week... If any kind of real sale happens in the next few months I'll be smiling.

Nice score. You didn't have any $10/50s to use? The current round expired today sadly. I'm not sure when they will reintroduce that one.

Did you happen to notice when the sale on the fire dragon expires?

13 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Nice score. You didn't have any $10/50s to use? The current round expired today sadly. I'm not sure when they will reintroduce that one.

Did you happen to notice when the sale on the fire dragon expires?

If my math is right, $5 off $35 is a better deal in this case than $10 off $50. Buying $35-$40 worth of items would bring your total down to $30-35 after the coupon, and $10 back. So $15 "saved" (depending on your accounting) on a $35-$40 purchase, which is close to the 40% FM reported (43%). If you did this with $10 off $50, you would need to spend $50-$55, which then becomes $40-$45, after which you get $10, so $20 saved on $50, which is 40%. Getting close to that $35/$50 threshold is key though. It's only a few percent however.

Cashflow-wise the situation is even better in the case of $5 off $35: Your Out-of-Pocket is $30, and you get $10, vs $40 and you get the same $10.

7 minutes ago, Phil B said:

If my math is right, $5 off $35 is a better deal in this case than $10 off $50. Buying $35-$40 worth of items would bring your total down to $30-35 after the coupon, and $10 back. So $15 "saved" (depending on your accounting) on a $35-$40 purchase, which is close to the 40% FM reported (43%). If you did this with $10 off $50, you would need to spend $50-$55, which then becomes $40-$45, after which you get $10, so $20 saved on $50, which is 40%. Getting close to that $35/$50 threshold is key though. It's only a few percent however.

Cashflow-wise the situation is even better in the case of $5 off $35: Your Out-of-Pocket is $30, and you get $10, vs $40 and you get the same $10.

I was thinking about using points as well. Best case scenario in my opinion is get to $50, use a $10/50 and $10 in points to get to as close as $30 as possible, then earn $10 back for a net point loss of zero. Repeat as many transactions as they allow or until you run out of coupons. That's an additional 40% off each transaction, stack with up to 25% off sale prices for a max of 55% off with out really losing any points.

12 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

I was thinking about using points as well. Best case scenario in my opinion is get to $50, use a $10/50 and $10 in points to get to as close as $30 as possible, then earn $10 back for a net point loss of zero. Repeat as many transactions as they allow or until you run out of coupons. That's an additional 40% off each transaction, stack with up to 25% off sale prices for a max of 55% off with out really losing any points.

giphy.gif

15 minutes ago, MinifigW said:

Curious, how are you guys accumulating so many points in between transactions?  I seem to get to $10-$15 before my sweeps wins near expiration.  Then again, lately I am only averaging maybe .05 - .50 in 'wins' per day not counting WWW.   

8 minutes ago, carini26 said:

Curious, how are you guys accumulating so many points in between transactions?  I seem to get to $10-$15 before my sweeps wins near expiration.  Then again, lately I am only averaging maybe .05 - .50 in 'wins' per day not counting WWW.   

image.thumb.jpeg.b4abdf380e837c651001f526a2000268.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, carini26 said:

I can only guess that most of those points come from the Raise points-back promo.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, carini26 said:

check your pm

• Like 1