KMart/Sears - Shop Your Way Rewards and points discussion

Alright class, take a seat. I'm going to teach you some serious SYW Rewards magic today.

First a question: I have $34.14 in points, how much merchandise, measured in MSRP dollars, do you think I can get for free using these points?

$40? easy. $50? wow. $60? You got to be kidding me! MORE than $60? Phil B, teach us how!

Order #1:

Set for $23.90 (MSRP $29.99)

Add 1 bag of bolts for $1.34 (MSRP $1.49)

Use $10 off $25 coupon

Total before points: $15.24

Points left: $18.90

Order #2:

Set for $23.90 (MSRP $29.99)

Use $5 off $20 coupon

Total before points: $18.90

Points left: 0

Total MSRP: $29.99 + $29.99 + $1.49 = $61.47

Total paid: $0

Any questions?

Autographs after the session in the lobby.

PS: The $10 off $25 coupon was sent via mobile, and had a different code (starting with 98200...). It explicitly excluded stacking with a 15% off coupon when 2 items were present in the cart, something the usual 970000.. coupons allow. Otherwise I might have kicked it up even another notch :)

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, legorunner said:

heads up, WWW is a doorbuster!

also, thanks @Phil B for posting about the bonus spin, picked up the 2500 as well. 

YMMV? Not seeing it on any of my accounts.. WWW Doorbusters have been pretty consistent for everyone over the last few weeks. Let's hope there's another

• Like 1

YMMV? Not seeing it on any of my accounts.. WWW Doorbusters have been pretty consistent for everyone over the last few weeks. Let's hope there's another

That's weird, haven't ever seen the door buster not be consistent for everyone. Maybe it only lasted 30 minutes? Let us know if you see one later.

2 hours ago, Phil B said:

Alright class, take a seat. I'm going to teach you some serious SYW Rewards magic today.

Autographs after the session in the lobby.

Not quite on that level but I got a $5 set and a T. Rex Tracker for $15 total after coupons and points.

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

PS: The $10 off $25 coupon was sent via mobile, and had a different code (starting with 98200...). It explicitly excluded stacking with a 15% off coupon when 2 items were present in the cart, something the usual 970000.. coupons allow. Otherwise I might have kicked it up even another notch :)

Thanks @Phil B!  Like your new profile photo.  A lot people espouse to never get the item for free.  Do you just not care because you would likely only get a few dimes back if that?

And regarding YMMV on doorbusters...

I've been having bad luck on sweeps.  I will click on the sweeps when it is a DB, and I guess by the time I finish the survey it is no longer a DB.  Has happened 3-4x in the past two weeks.  I end up with nothing.

And last point, I was able to use an expired coupon without any problem today.  Just FYI.

3 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

Thanks @Phil B!  Like your new profile photo.  A lot people espouse to never get the item for free.  Do you just not care because you would likely only get a few dimes back if that?

And regarding YMMV on doorbusters...

I've been having bad luck on sweeps.  I will click on the sweeps when it is a DB, and I guess by the time I finish the survey it is no longer a DB.  Has happened 3-4x in the past two weeks.  I end up with nothing.

And last point, I was able to use an expired coupon without any problem today.  Just FYI.

I'm on a FreeLEGO.com shopping spree. B&N clearance was the first real money I spent on LEGO in the last 2 months. At least that way I cannot lose money :)

• Like 1

My coupons have been lackluster lately.  Am I missing something?  Check e-mails, mobile push coupons, generic KMT coupon center, personalized SYW coupon center.  Any place else?

I have received enough $10 points back on $50 to sink a ship.  That's all I get lately.  If you need one let me know.

Regardless I did just pick up a 75112 Grievous buildable for $6.20 with coupon and points, store pick-up.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

My coupons have been lackluster lately.  Am I missing something?  Check e-mails, mobile push coupons, generic KMT coupon center, personalized SYW coupon center.  Any place else?

I have received enough $10 points back on $50 to sink a ship.  That's all I get lately.  If you need one let me know.

Regardless I did just pick up a 75112 Grievous buildable for $6.20 with coupon and points, store pick-up.

It's a big YMMV. Have you signed up with a personal shopper? And do you shop in-store at all?

9 minutes ago, mizeur said:

It's a big YMMV. Have you signed up with a personal shopper? And do you shop in-store at all?

I have @MinifigW's shopper, but I think she likes him more than me.  I haven't reached out to her in a while.  Thank you for the tip.

Shop in store 1-2x a month when I p/u an online order.

Think I am just stuck in the Groundhog Day of coupons.  $10 back on $50 online.  In store its $3 off $30 and $5 off $50 printed coupons.  Has been this way for a few months.

16 minutes ago, trstnkn said:

I have @MinifigW's shopper, but I think she likes him more than me.  I haven't reached out to her in a while.  Thank you for the tip.

Think I am just stuck in the Groundhog Day of coupons.  $10 back on $50 online.  In store its $3 off $30 and $5 off $50 printed coupons.  Has been this way for a few months.

Hmmm ... one thing I noticed is that I seem to be getting new coupons all the time, and I never clip any to my account. My account has a $5 off $20 almost continually in my coupon page (either at SYW or at KMart), and every time I check it has a new expiration date and code. I'm getting 15% off coupons regularly in the mail, though only on my main account. I'm also sitting on a million $10 back on $50 coupons (which I don't use as it forces me to spend $50 and I've gotten comfortable with spending about $50 less than that each order). I had a streak of $10 back on $20's recently, but they ended about a month ago. The $10 off $25 I used today came from the "online" txt message service.

And then most coupons have an expiration date, but don't actually expire. I still have coupons expiring 4/23 that are active. Doesn't hold for all coupons, but most do.

Today was a good day. Still have 1 spin left on WWW but my accounts already racked up 6550 points. I've got 7 more days to go before the first points expire, so if things keep going this way I'll have another free $25 set (after coupons and points) by the end of next week. Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

That's been the story of my life for months.

1 hour ago, trstnkn said:

Feel free to PM me a couple $10 back on $50s you don't plan on using.  I'm literally not even receiving coupons in my email anymore.  My account only gets the $5/$35 and $5/$50 recently.